SIGforum
Need to ship a kitchen table - freight advice

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9690085544

August 10, 2018, 12:05 PM
Salty Dawg
Need to ship a kitchen table - freight advice
Anyone well-versed in this and willing to save me a lot of Googling? I need to ship a bulky kitchen table from Virginia down to Florida. I would prefer to have someone come pick it up at my house and truck it down there. What's the best way to go about it?
August 10, 2018, 01:36 PM
Woodman
You'd look at the underside and see if the legs come off. If they do, you'd box / package them inside the underside of the table in a manner not to scratch/bang them up.

Then make a box for the table. Weigh the table. Then call FedEx, give them the box size and the dimensions.

I shipped the contents of an apartment across country, taking out some of it myself in a pickup as well. Most bulky items are made to come apart.
August 10, 2018, 01:39 PM
konata88
This is not going to be helpful Smile

But man, if I could, I'd use that as an excuse to drive down to FL myself and get some of those lobsters someone was showing in that lobster thread a few weeks ago.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
August 10, 2018, 01:45 PM
a1abdj
I have used Uship.com with great success.

www.zykansafe.com
August 18, 2018, 02:45 PM
Salty Dawg
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I have used Uship.com with great success.

Thanks for this great advice! UPS quoted me $1300. I put it on uShip and a fella picked it up and delivered the next day for $300. Quite pleased.
August 18, 2018, 02:49 PM
bubbatime
Good outcome. Uship offers a nice service.

August 18, 2018, 06:36 PM
Woodman
quote:
uShip

Wow, what a deal. The next time I'm roadtripping out to the southwest, I may be able to pick up expense money!
August 18, 2018, 06:50 PM
pbramlett
Another happy uship customer here. I’ve used th service several times and have been very pleased.

Regards,

P.