SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone having problems with Amazon?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone having problems with Amazon? Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Amazon shouldn’t be allowed to sell (or operate) in any state or city that has closed local businesses as being non-essential. If a local retailer is non-essential, so is Amazon.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
For me, Amazon has been great. If I order something on a Tuesday, they tell me that they'll deliver it on Friday. Then, they actually deliver it on Thursday (i.e. the normal prime shipping).

As cheesegrits posted, Amazon's warehouse in Katy (West Houston) has a case in their warehouse. This just hit the news Tuesday so no idea of the impacts. So far, the news is just saying he is self-quarantining for 14 days. News is inconsistent whether the warehouse closed down for cleaning.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ordered a few things, brake pads, cold brew coffee brewer, digital forehead thermostat

Brewer is here the next day - coffee is priority

Brake Pads will show tomorrow- stopping important

Thermostat is delayed until April 15 - I cancelled order

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Agree with all above -- they are prioritizing.

They just did a great job of speeding some Coricidan HBP "Cold and Flu" meds to me.

Non-medical and non-food items are being delayed, but a couple of things I ordered have shown up faster than the stated delivery times.

Amazon is a part of life, now more than ever. I'm sad that the oligarch that runs the place is another philandering leftist rich dude who spits on the rest of us. But his business model works...

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Amazon shouldn’t be allowed to sell (or operate) in any state or city that has closed local businesses as being non-essential. If a local retailer is non-essential, so is Amazon.

This makes no sense. Brick and mortar stores bring people together. Amazon allows the consumer to stay home. And some stuff Amazon sells is in the essential categories.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amazon has stated they are de-prioritizing all items they believe are non-essential.

Yes, printer paper to print tax returns is "non-essential". I have about 45 returns waiting to finish & many of my clients do not have a computer or know how to save a PDF file.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
quote:
Amazon has stated they are de-prioritizing all items they believe are non-essential.

Yes, printer paper to print tax returns is "non-essential". I have about 45 returns waiting to finish & many of my clients do not have a computer or know how to save a PDF file.

I'm thinking that paper will become available before July 15th

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I ordered food for our bunny rabbit this morning. Instead of the usual 2-5 day delivery time with Prime, they're estimating April 10th. Fortunately, I ordered early this time so bunny shouldn't go hungry if it actually takes that long.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
https://www.freightwaves.com/n...pping-under-scrutiny

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yeah Jesse, me too. Went to make a move on a few items and was hit with a 5 MAY delivery date. Say what?????

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
This makes no sense. Brick and mortar stores bring people together. Amazon allows the consumer to stay home. And some stuff Amazon sells is in the essential categories.

If the store down the street is struggling because the government shuts them down, then the out of town interloper who doesn't pay local taxes better not be able to further hurt the local economy. There's nothing on the internet that's essential.

If I drove by a burning amazon delivery van I wouldn't even piss on it if it was on fire. If I saw it was a few locals who torched it, I'd probably buy them lunch.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
If I drove by a burning amazon delivery van I wouldn't even piss on it if it was on fire. If I saw it was a few locals who torched it, I'd probably buy them lunch.

Don’t candy coat it. Tell us how you really feel.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
The Amazon story and their superior execution of perfecting online shopping to the masses is quite an accomplishment. I've been using them for years with excellent results. For any hiccups right now, I get it, but it's nothing permanent to worry about. Their business model and history of excellent distribution and fulfillment execution is so good, they will be back to their old selves in no time. I wouldn't pay it any mind. Worst case scenario, talk to them on the phone and they will bend over backwards. It's worked for me more than once. I do wonder however how once in a while you run across a blender or pillow case for $3000. That takes classic price skimming to the absurd, probable some hole in their software systems that let stupid things like that get through.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Non essential items re doing longer. I had ordered new can opener with an early April delivery date, but it arrived today. Their employees are getting sick too so warehouses are being closed. People can’t leave so they are getting slammed with orders

Posts: 186 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
No problems here, sir. Ordered 4 replacement light bulbs for my microwave...they were scheduled to arrive Saturday, but showed up today. No complaints here!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post