SIGforum
Iowan convicted of murder claims his life sentence was served when he died,

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9680049264

November 08, 2019, 08:05 PM
gearhounds
Iowan convicted of murder claims his life sentence was served when he died,
What an absurdity that this can even be brought into the legal system to be questioned as viable and at the taxpayers expense. It’s situations like these that make the average person completely disrespect lawyers in general at the expense of the good ones out there.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
November 08, 2019, 08:28 PM
wrightd
He sounds like a lawyer for the democrats.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
November 08, 2019, 08:53 PM
saigonsmuggler
So then any life sentenced inmate can hang himself, get his heart stopped, then have someone nearby performs emergency resuscitation and walks free.. Razz
November 08, 2019, 09:01 PM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
So then any life sentenced inmate can hang himself, get his heart stopped, then have someone nearby performs emergency resuscitation and walks free.. Razz

Well, sort of. You also had to have had a DNR. So you see, it's a gamble then on whether or not they ignore the DNR and bring you back.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
November 08, 2019, 09:47 PM
mikeyspizza
His next move should be to sue them for not following the DNR order.
November 08, 2019, 09:49 PM
MikeinNC
Kill him again

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
November 09, 2019, 12:08 AM
zoom6zoom
just another reason to sentence them to "life plus twenty".

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
November 09, 2019, 12:43 AM
Puckpilot78
Well I always wondered how someone can be given multiple life sentences. Now we know why!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...
November 09, 2019, 12:02 PM
gpbst3
Since he was a free man the second he "died" then I guess he is responsible for all the hospital services provided after his death. He can go free when he pays the full rate.

November 09, 2019, 12:14 PM
2012BOSS302
Obviously he and his lawyers are idiots, but really what part of the DNR did the hospital not understand. Especially after speaking with his brother. I am sure the taxpayers of Iowa got a nice bill for all this. And now they have to continue to pay for his care.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.
November 09, 2019, 02:00 PM
bigmule
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Kill him again

For the win.
November 10, 2019, 11:50 AM
bendable
I wonder if they would have treated him at all if he would have been given a death sentence ? instead

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first