SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An Aviation Funny
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An Aviation Funny Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
from AVWeb...

It was Saturday afternoon some years ago at our mid-sized, midwestern airport.Things were hopping. Air Guard jets were shooting landings on the long runway, airliners were arriving and departing, two or three aircraft were in the pattern practicing, transients were coming and going, and then there was my friend and me in a 1945 65-HP J-3 Cub doing touch and goes. After four landings, blissfully unaware of the consternation our extremely slow speed was causing, we asked the tower on our handheld radio: ...”Cub 843 would like a right turn out of the pattern.” ... Controller (exasperated): “Right turn, left turn or straight out approved. I don't care. Just please, please get out of my way!"

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
One day the pilot of a Cherokee 180 was told by the tower to hold short of the active runway while a DC-8 landed. The DC-8 landed, rolled out, turned around, and taxied back past the Cherokee. Some comedian in the DC-8 crew got on the radio and said, “What a cute little plane. Did you make it all by yourself?” The Cherokee pilot, not about to let the insult go by, came back with: “I made it out of DC-8 parts. Another landing like yours and I’ll have enough for another one.”

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
One day the pilot of a Cherokee 180 was told by the tower to hold short of the active runway while a DC-8 landed. The DC-8 landed, rolled out, turned around, and taxied back past the Cherokee. Some comedian in the DC-8 crew got on the radio and said, “What a cute little plane. Did you make it all by yourself?” The Cherokee pilot, not about to let the insult go by, came back with: “I made it out of DC-8 parts. Another landing like yours and I’ll have enough for another one.”

Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
... 1945 65-HP J-3 Cub doing touch and goes...

While taking lessons about 20 years ago at a regional airport in the Midwest, I had to abort to avoid a pair of Ercoupes, operating without radios, that pulled onto the runway while I was on final.

My instructor and I decided to continue my training at a couple grass patches, instead. It wasn't the only close-call we had in that area.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post