SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Snowflakes on the march. Black History Month meal offends black student
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snowflakes on the march. Black History Month meal offends black student Login/Join 
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I thought the idea behind Black History Month was to celebrate that culture.
It's to celebrate a culture not a stereotype.
It is Black History Month, not Black Culture Month.

The stereotype, if it actually is a stereotype, is based on history. What's the problem with offering a meal that reflects history? The seder is a Passover meal with the main purpose of retelling history, lest we forget our past.

I'm Jewish. I certainly would not get all pissy if the cafeteria at the place I worked offered "Jew food." I might bitch a little because the quality is not up to my (deceased) Polish-Russian Jewish grandmother's cooking, but the complaint, if any, would take the form of joking with the cooks, not trying to get them fired.

V-tail, stop thinking about this in a rational sense. Otherwise youll never understand it. They served southern food, which might be different from north food. There is a reason you don't see cracker barrel up north.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Here's the real problem Nia the sophomore is getting a $72,900.00 a year education, and just learned being a privileged snowflake she can get a guy who cooks for Aramak for a living for $20.00 an hour fired because her feelings were hurt. She's being indoctrinated into the power culture of I'm black and I'm offended and somebody has to pay. Well guess what Nia get off your entitled, sensitive don't make the black girls angry, high horse and realize you just further entrenched the poverty cycle in your own culture, how's that for history. Do you want to bet Nia that the cook you got fired isn't living on the upper east side in a Park Ave brownstone. Good job little miss black power offended.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
I think that the plaintiff in this case, and in many others, was not actually offended but rather they saw an opportunity to wield power over others. Power is a strong aphrodisiac.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Clearly that idiot has NEVER been to Alabama, Georgia or Mississippi and eaten in a BBQ restaurant. I've never been a fan of collared green but hat the rest last time I was ... Yummy!!

some of the best BBQ and collards I have had recently was in NOVA ,
Willard's BBQ is the bomb,

beef brisket Q, collards and slaw,, with tea of course

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm offended that no one can cook a decent Pierogi, Kielbasa or potato pancake in Tucson.

And I've given up on finding a really good Philly Cheesesteak

Can I fire anyone?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Pipe Smoker, how about you update your thread title to be more informative, and I request the thread I started be locked? We certainly don't need two threads on the same exact subject, but yours is easy to overlook, currently.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I just did that, rusbro.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm all broken up over her problem.

Shithead should eat elsewhere if she was offended by the meal.

Even a meal can be offensive, you have to be kidding.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Saying "good morning" to any of these idiots is racist to them now.
Best thing to do is ignore them and any other their little marches or history months.

Not to mention we're all racists now just for responding in this thread.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I love watching the revolution eating it’s own for a change.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
When Nia graduates and gets her first job, I will bet she will have EEOC on her speed dial.

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Here's the real problem Nia the sophomore is getting a $72,900.00 a year education, and just learned being a privileged snowflake she can get a guy who cooks for Aramak for a living for $20.00 an hour fired because her feelings were hurt. She's being indoctrinated into the power culture of I'm black and I'm offended and somebody has to pay. Well guess what Nia get off your entitled, sensitive don't make the black girls angry, high horse and realize you just further entrenched the poverty cycle in your own culture, how's that for history. Do you want to bet Nia that the cook you got fired isn't living on the upper east side in a Park Ave brownstone. Good job little miss black power offended.

^^^^^^^^^
Good assessment.
Sadly, only realized by you and Sig Forum.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post