SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sigforum members in Chicago, how is the hotel picketing situation currently?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum members in Chicago, how is the hotel picketing situation currently? Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I have a few questions for our Chicago based sigforum members. My wife is scheduled to fly to Chicago in a few days for a conference. She selected a hotel where the conference is so that she isn’t wandering the city for food etc. We just learned the hotel workers are apparently on strike and picketing. Does anyone know how bad it is right now? From what my wife is reading she now wants to cancel and skip the conference all together. People are complaining about long lines, terrible service and checking into rooms that are not clean. Apparently the hotel worked want full healthcare coverage (even the seasonal workers) and the morons organizing this conference don’t want to cancel because they support their cause. Needless to say my wife is not sure exactly what she should do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Airbnb?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If it’s as bad as it’s reputed to be, and her employers support this behavior, sounds like a week long case of the flu is in order.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It isn’t her direct bosses who support the protestors but rather the idiots who organized the conference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Second vote for the flu.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in a hotel in Chicago at the moment. I have no idea about elsewhere, but nobody is striking at this hotel.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends on what hotel you're staying at.

They are picketing and making noise in front of the hotels downtown, they stop at 10:00pm.

I'm not sure of the conditions in the hotels, but I'm betting that the rooms are still cleaned, and sheets changed. Way to much money loss if they aren't.

What hotel and convention center are you going to be at? If it's downtown, I'll let you know what's going on.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8340 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post