SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Animal owners with dogs etc and chipped,Update,owners picked up the Husky
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Animal owners with dogs etc and chipped,Update,owners picked up the Husky Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted
Today on the way to pick up a part for work at our depot I noticed a very young Husky crossing the road,major traffic area near I70, made an attempt to call him over and he took off,followed and whistling and speaking softly he came over, gave him some water and he jumped over me into the passenger side. Tried calling Animal Control and they said maybe 3 hours to get to you, now i"m timed at my job so I can't be messing around,decided to take the dog to my vet which was near the account anyway,good place. Checked for a chip and there was one. Called the company,they gave the info to the vet,she called and while the address was close to where I found the young dog the phone number listed was for a business. So the vet will feed and care for him until they find the owner,once I got him into the car after more water he licked my face a couple times, curled up and slept for the 35 mile ride. Kept petting him the whole way,hope the owners get him, hope they are not aholes. Moral of the story make sure your chip information is up to date.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: valkyrie1,

Posts: 2301 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Good for you. Thank you!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
good for you for giving a shit and picking him up

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
"Husky" says thank you!

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another big thanks. I lost one of my bird dogs once and was scared to death. Loved that dog! Got a call from another town over Vet. He had identified thru the chip. Got my pooch back.

Please chip your dog and keep the info current.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Good for you to rescue him.
Hope the owners appreciate what you did and don't let him get loose again.
Maybe keep in touch with the vet in case they don't pick him up for some reason.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From your description of the dog's behavior, it sounds like it's used to being treated kindly by its owner, and was grateful for your treatment. Stay in touch with the Vet as 220-9er suggested, but I'm thinking the pup will be OK.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Thank You!

Posts: 4682 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job brother. May your kindness be repaid a hundredfold.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife brought home a cat she found left in a box full of her kittens left on the step of the Church where she works(kittens were all given away). I joke we should put "If lost, keep! Your number here___" on her collar. Big Grin

j/k we chipped her as well. Good job with the lost pup.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Of course, my deepest thanks to you for what you did, above and beyond, for obvious reasons too ( see avatar)..

The power of the microchip is great. Its power happened twice while I was in Husky rescue and made a believer out of me. My dogs are chipped, just as sure as they have rabies shots.

The one thing Huskies love to do...besides dig..and howl...is run. And that gets them in big trouble. They take off with no clue where they are going, and have no street smarts whatso ever.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
such a great story. Thank you for your effort.

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Thank you,I love good stories like this.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. good for you.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post