SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Epic Iron Bowl
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Epic Iron Bowl Login/Join 
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted
War Eagle Boys!

War Damn Eagle.

Epic game by both teams. Thank Lord it didn’t go to over time. I couldn’t have taken it...

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
War Eagle!

When Bama hit the upright on that last kick!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
War Eagle!

When Bama hit the upright on that last kick!

And Gus tricking Saban at the end by lining the punter out at wideout and putting Nix under center. Wow!

Instant Classic!

Just read that Malzahn had been saving that play all season. LOL.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: x0225095,

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gonna be a lot of sad faces around here tomorrow. I’m so looking forward to the butt hurt Bammers.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
That.
Was.
AWESOME!

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Was kinda hoping they’d combine & top 100 pats Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
That was on crazy game. Stupid 12 men on the field penalty ended the game. How does that happen with a team of that caliber? No one even tried to get off the field. I could not believe my eyes. I did wonder what would happen to those hedges if Auburn won. I wonder no more. Hedges lost.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Great game. Too bad the zebras strongly influenced the outcome and they did so at the end of the first half. They basically gave Auburn an extra timeout and a free field goal try they otherwise never would OR SHOULD have had.

Runner makes a first down in the field of play with one (1) second left in the half. Clock should have stopped @ 1 sec and restarted when the chains were in place and the zebra wound the clock. NO WAY Auburn would have gotten the field goal unit on the field and attempted a try.

After review, I think the only fair thing would have been to put one second back on the clock ... start the clock ... then give Auburn that one second to get their field goal unit onto the field. Never would have happened.

Like I said, great game. But it should have been tied at the end of regulation and gone to overtime at the very least. Zebras made the Auburn winning difference in that game. Auburn win with an asterisk.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Great game. Too bad the zebras strongly influenced the outcome and they did so at the end of the first half. They basically gave Auburn an extra timeout and a free field goal try they otherwise never would OR SHOULD have had.

Runner makes a first down in the field of play with one (1) second left in the half. Clock should have stopped @ 1 sec and restarted when the chains were in place and the zebra wound the clock. NO WAY Auburn would have gotten the field goal unit on the field and attempted a try.

After review, I think the only fair thing would have been to put one second back on the clock ... start the clock ... then give Auburn that one second to get their field goal unit onto the field. Never would have happened.

Like I said, great game. But it should have gone to overtime at the very least. Zebras made the Auburn winning difference in that game. Auburn win with an asterisk.

Glad you aren’t a referee or a replay official...

posted Hide Post
quote:

Like I said, great game. But it should have been tied at the end of regulation and gone to overtime at the very least. Zebras made the Auburn winning difference in that game. Auburn win with an asterisk.

Alabama led at half after the FG you mentioned, but gave up more than 500 yards of offense, threw two pick sixes, and gave up 21 second half points. Seems like a pretty big stretch to blame the loss on the officials to me, but whatever makes you happy.

War Eagle!

Posts: 128 | Location: Alabama | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Those weren't by any stretch, even close to all or even the biggest mistakes Alabama made LOL. Alabama obviously beat themselves with mistakes. What also isn't a stretch is the extra timeout and free field goal try the zebras GAVE Auburn, that they never should have had, made the final score winning difference. I'm happy with the truth. You happy? Smile

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
quote:
Auburn win with an asterisk.

I don't like winning (or losing) by a mis-call/bad-call or injury.

That said, Bama had plenty of opportunities (as did Auburn in the FL game).

To say that 1 (or 2) plays caused the loss with the scores at 48 to 45 seems a bit disingenuous.

James

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least now we don't have to listen the espn incessantly pitch them as the 4th playoff team.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Yep, I agree, both teams had opportunities. Having 12 on the field at the end of the game was a huge mistake ... but ... going from second and one at about the 10 (i think), then ANOTHER false start and a missed field goal killed it for Alabama. They did it to themselves. Turnovers happen in a game and the zebras don't always get it right, but you have to keep your head in the game and Alabama just didn't. Not as well as Auburn anyway. Hats off to both teams and their winning seasons. Iron Bowl was great entertainment. It is what it is. And good luck to both teams going forward.

It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Another truly awesome Iron Bowl. And of course I'm happy, because my alma mater won (War Damn Eagle!!).

Even though I don't believe it was the deciding factor in this Iron Bowl, one second doesn't seem to work in Saban's favor (for those that may not remember, 2013 Kick Six!!). Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
We were there. An amazing game.

Saw Satan leaned towards us cheating to win. No eye-roll emoji big enough.....

:01 makes the difference again.

WDE!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tough to overcome 2 interceptions for touchdowns, a missed chip shot field goal and 13 penalties for 96 yards. Alabama led in time of possession by 10 minutes and moved the ball pretty well but just couldn't stop Auburn when it counted. Those two interceptions were killer though. One announcer on SEC network said after the game that Bama has missed 101 field goals since Saban came to town, most of any team in that time span. He doesn't seem to recruit for the kicking game and it has hurt Bama time and time again.

His biggest mistake, as has been mentioned, was not being ready for Malzan to pull something with the punting formation on that last (non)punt. There was no way they would just kick to Waddle and risk him running it back, so they should have been ready for something non conventional from Gus. They weren't ready for it and that final penalty was the final nail in the coffin. It was a decent game, pretty sloppy all around but I can certainly understand why an Auburn fan would think it was epic. Any win in the Iron Bowl is a good win.

Bummer for Alabama. Roll Tide! Hopefully they will be back in the hunt next year.

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Auburn. They played better for sure.

That one hurt, a lot.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
You don’t think it was “Epic”?

I suppose if you still have your crimson colored glasses on it isn’t.

Most points scored in the game in about 80 something years.

Most scored against Saban ever at UA.

9 lead changes.

48 points in second quarter.

Alabama has never won at Auburn when both teams were ranked.

And on and on.

Hey, Nick got a second...(take two) ?!

Yes.... Epic.

Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
War Eagle!! Guess we won't see many Bama hats or shirts this week Big Grin

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post