SIGforum
Bucket list item; eating lunch in H&K's Grey Room

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9670062354

February 10, 2019, 06:40 AM
PGT
Bucket list item; eating lunch in H&K's Grey Room
I got waylayed at work on Friday and a buddy who works at H&K texted me and asked if I wanted to run to the gun show with him that evening. "Yes, but I haven't gotten lunch yet" despite being 3pm, so he told me to swing by their office. There happens to be a CFA in sight of the front door, so....on to pics:

more pics in album here: https://imgur.com/a/jvznRnl
February 10, 2019, 06:46 AM
r0gue
Oh wow! The MP-5 was my dream gun. HKs were my toys of choice when I was really into guns for more than just their utility back in the day.

February 10, 2019, 06:51 AM
shoevb
You lucky dog.

I think I would have forgotten how hungry I was.

Hang on to that friend.
February 10, 2019, 06:51 AM
ragman
Great pics in your album. I enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin
February 10, 2019, 07:20 AM
Wreckless
Good choice on Chick-fil-a also

La Dolce Vita
February 10, 2019, 07:59 AM
SSgt USMC/Vet
Great pic's, I to always enjoyed going to the gun show at the Expo Center.
February 10, 2019, 08:06 AM
bigmule
But but but...what’s on the tripod!!
February 10, 2019, 08:07 AM
PGT
which tripod? GMG on one and HK21E on the other.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vejasdq6hp8
February 10, 2019, 08:12 AM
Skins2881
I don't even know what half of those are, but I know I want to play with them. I live down the road from Expo Center and have yet to attend a show there, is it worth a visit?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
February 10, 2019, 08:18 AM
SSgt USMC/Vet
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I don't even know what half of those are, but I know I want to play with them. I live down the road from Expo Center and have yet to attend a show there, is it worth a visit?

Yes, they will have a little of everything. Over the years I've have been never thought of it as a waste of time.
February 10, 2019, 08:20 AM
PGT
Ehh. Only reason I have gone is because a) a buddy wanted me to and b) another guy I know has a table and gives me a vendor badge so I skip the $16 entry fee. The $16 is way overpriced given most vendors are asking over GB or online prices for widely available, new stuff.

Its basically the great American flea market; cheap Chinese knives, holsters, crap, arts and crafts, pickles, jerky, tasers, oh...and guns.
February 10, 2019, 08:20 AM
darkest2000
I doubt I could down a single bite since my jaw would be down the entire time.
February 10, 2019, 09:26 AM
Kevbo
I have a couple of friends that just had their birthday party in there Smile

EDIT: I also agree the show is generally not what it was, and that $16 is way too high for admission. That said, I went yesterday because I was in the area and needed to kill time....I actually found Glock 48 magazines, which was shocking to me since they aren’t online yet, and at almost the same price as the brownell’s preorder. Buying 6 of them made the show worth it for me

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?
February 10, 2019, 09:33 AM
sigspecops
That panorama of the entire room makes me light headed. I'd want to put my hands on everything there.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
February 10, 2019, 10:18 AM
Mars_Attacks
CFA and machine guns! I can see the liberals' heads popping like pop corn!

Awesome lunch!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
February 10, 2019, 10:23 AM
Jaycat
I once saw a pic of an HK P7 in .45 in the grey room. I could die happy if I saw that!

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!
February 10, 2019, 10:29 AM
Cliff
And you actually took the time to sit & eat while surrounded by all that? Better man then me. Smile

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

February 10, 2019, 10:36 AM
preten2b
Holy chit!! Congratz n thanks for the pics.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis
February 10, 2019, 10:47 AM
PGT
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

we have the same friend. I got an invite to that but had a conflict. BTW, I bought an SP01 Shadow from you and a buddy bought your P7M13 ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by Jaycat:
I once saw a pic of an HK P7 in .45 in the grey room. I could die happy if I saw that!

I handled it and the P7K3. Despite having large XL hands, I could not reach the mag release on the .45 with my thumb. You'd have to use your index finger on the opposite side.
February 10, 2019, 10:56 AM
zoom6zoom
The district office for my former employer was in the suite next door to them. Never was able to finagle an invite, though.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.