SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bucket list item; eating lunch in H&K's Grey Room
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bucket list item; eating lunch in H&K's Grey Room Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
I got waylayed at work on Friday and a buddy who works at H&K texted me and asked if I wanted to run to the gun show with him that evening. "Yes, but I haven't gotten lunch yet" despite being 3pm, so he told me to swing by their office. There happens to be a CFA in sight of the front door, so....on to pics:

more pics in album here: https://imgur.com/a/jvznRnl

Posts: 3060 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Oh wow! The MP-5 was my dream gun. HKs were my toys of choice when I was really into guns for more than just their utility back in the day.

Posts: 11337 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
You lucky dog.

I think I would have forgotten how hungry I was.

Hang on to that friend.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Great pics in your album. I enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1481 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Good choice on Chick-fil-a also

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Great pic's, I to always enjoyed going to the gun show at the Expo Center.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
But but but...what’s on the tripod!!

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
which tripod? GMG on one and HK21E on the other.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vejasdq6hp8

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I don't even know what half of those are, but I know I want to play with them. I live down the road from Expo Center and have yet to attend a show there, is it worth a visit?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20726 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I don't even know what half of those are, but I know I want to play with them. I live down the road from Expo Center and have yet to attend a show there, is it worth a visit?

Yes, they will have a little of everything. Over the years I've have been never thought of it as a waste of time.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Ehh. Only reason I have gone is because a) a buddy wanted me to and b) another guy I know has a table and gives me a vendor badge so I skip the $16 entry fee. The $16 is way overpriced given most vendors are asking over GB or online prices for widely available, new stuff.

Its basically the great American flea market; cheap Chinese knives, holsters, crap, arts and crafts, pickles, jerky, tasers, oh...and guns.

Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I doubt I could down a single bite since my jaw would be down the entire time.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of friends that just had their birthday party in there Smile

EDIT: I also agree the show is generally not what it was, and that $16 is way too high for admission. That said, I went yesterday because I was in the area and needed to kill time....I actually found Glock 48 magazines, which was shocking to me since they aren’t online yet, and at almost the same price as the brownell’s preorder. Buying 6 of them made the show worth it for me

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That panorama of the entire room makes me light headed. I'd want to put my hands on everything there.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3499 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
CFA and machine guns! I can see the liberals' heads popping like pop corn!

Awesome lunch!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34063 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
I once saw a pic of an HK P7 in .45 in the grey room. I could die happy if I saw that!

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
And you actually took the time to sit & eat while surrounded by all that? Better man then me. Smile

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7650 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Holy chit!! Congratz n thanks for the pics.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1986 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

we have the same friend. I got an invite to that but had a conflict. BTW, I bought an SP01 Shadow from you and a buddy bought your P7M13 ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by Jaycat:
I once saw a pic of an HK P7 in .45 in the grey room. I could die happy if I saw that!

I handled it and the P7K3. Despite having large XL hands, I could not reach the mag release on the .45 with my thumb. You'd have to use your index finger on the opposite side.

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
The district office for my former employer was in the suite next door to them. Never was able to finagle an invite, though.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post