SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
the obamas:

PS: Obama is keeping the money.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Ronan Farrow worked for months on the Weinstein story under NBC.

But his story came out in The New Yorker magazine

Asked why the story ran in the New Yorker rather than on NBC, Farrow told Maddow, “You would have to ask NBC and NBC executives about the details.”

http://variety.com/2017/tv/new...tly-news-1202585986/

"And in the course of this reporting, I was threatened with a lawsuit personally by Mr. Weinstein.”

He also challenged NBC’s statement that the version of the story they saw wasn’t publishable. “I walked into the door at the New Yorker with an explosively reportable piece that should have been public,” he said. “Immediately the New Yorker recognized that and it was not accurate to say that it was not reportable. In fact, there were multiple determinations at NBC that it was reportable.”

from the comment section:

So NBC wouldn’t publish the Weinstein story because “he didn’t have one accuser willing to go on the record or identify themselves”. Have they ever done a negative story on Trump with just an unnamed sources who wouldn’t go on the record or identify themselves? Now that is just laughable NBC!!

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Wonder if he "Trumped" her.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
With the mountain of shit falling on him now, I predict that this gun hating asshole will eat a bullet. How sweet would the irony be?

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

I thought about it earlier today.

Everything important in his life came crashing down due to his fuck ups. He is no longer the Most Powerful Man In Hollywood. His friends have left him. His wife left him. The company with his name on the mast fired him. Everyone in the Democratic Party, a beloved entity he has given millions to, are running away from him. His two biggest stars, Hillary and Barry, are finally shunning him. He is now on the same level of Anthony Weiner, a child sext-perv.

Yeah, a good candidate for The Dead Pool.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not know he had depressive tendencies. This kind of asshole is so much of a NARCISSIST that he would never harm himself. He is not the type. I do not think he feels pain like others. People who off themselves feel guilt and have some self loathing. Sorry, do not see that here. It is not like he will be moving to the Projects. I could see him still going on Thailand sex tours and stuff. HE is a fucking PREDATOR. Simple. No sympathy for this jerk.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I will point out that during the campaign, Trump admitted similar behavior, which then brought out several women seeming to confirm the behavior. He subsequently got elected president.

This scandal may not be fatal. The big issue will be if he gets indicted (and subsequently convicted), of criminal charges.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I will point out that during the campaign, Trump admitted similar behavior, which then brought out several women seeming to confirm the behavior. He subsequently got elected president.

This scandal may not be fatal. The big issue will be if he gets indicted (and subsequently convicted), of criminal charges.

President Trump “admitted” no such thing. President Trump engaged in “locker room” talk and explained that with wealth and power you can get away with things us commoners can’t. Crass and cocky? Sure. Sexist, patriarchal, insensitive, inappropriate? Maybe. Absolutely accurate however. Sometimes the truth is harsh and insensitive.

That is a far cry different than holding someone hostage in an elevator while you jack off or require carnal acts as terms of employment.

I believe everyone of those who came out of the woodwork to claim they were assaulted by President Trump were either disproved or at the he very least had no supporting evidence and had ulterior motives discovered which made them unreliable.

As for being indicted or convicted, I am sure it is no coincidence that he has fled to Europe for his “treatment”. Maybe him and Polanski can be roomies somewhere without extradition...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

There is no comparison to this and Trump. I mean what are you even talking about?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had a whole long response typed out, but I just deleted it. I am going to assume you were being sarcastic or satirical with your comment.

Either I'm not reading it right or you're just being a funny guy.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
Follow the money.

You mean like what Weinstein's wife has been doing? There is no way this woman is with him for love.

24-year age difference...weekly blow-job or, monthly screw session...go screw who you want I don't want to know, just make sure the cards are paid on time...don't rock the boat, the cash flow supporting the lifestyle is too good to leave. Yup, a very typical wealthy couple.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who's going to stand up for the rights of potted plants?

Well, can you just stand there and shut up."
...at which point, he blocked her exit from the kitchen and proceeded to whip his dick out. He then decided to masturbate, and ejaculate "into a nearby potted plant."

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump admitted similar behavior

Bullshit. Other than locker room talk- Trump was accused of things that never happened, were never proven and the accusers didn't have a case.

Harvey on the other hand had his dick in many things....

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
More posturing from hypocrites, but this time, getting called on it by their own:

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...ein-scandal-lie.html

Yeah, that's it, Ben. The answer to this shit is to "put more women in positions of power", you posturing hypocrite. Just be quiet. You'll have plenty of opportunities in the future to demonstrate how "progressive" you are, you phony.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Horse shit. Try reading the stories about what this asshole Weinstein did. You are flat-out wrong. Read the stories.

If you have a problem with President Trump and you have a bone to pick with him, get the facts straight before you make accusations.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Post a link of one single example of trump admitting similar behavior. One.

Trump talked in a crass manner, in private. I don’t care. I’ve heard far worse. And what he said was true- women will accept degradation to be near wealth (men do too BTW). Example one: the dozens of women in Hollywood who put up with Harvey to secure their careers! Ironically the Weinstein case proves trumps point, he (Harvey) literally grabbed women by the pussy and they let him for lead roles.

There is zero evidence Trump engaged in ANY similar behavior as Weinstein. Link proof or retract your accusation.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will point out that during the campaign, Trump admitted similar behavior ....

Ridiculous. Posting while drinking?

The worst allegations from the fevered left against Trump were nothing close to what this guy is accused of, and has all but admitted to.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post