SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alteon180e:
^^^^
bill and harvey in the hamptons...man...tough summer job for those hostesses and waitresses...

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
This biach says she heard rumors a year ago.

Jane Fonda Says She Is "Ashamed" She Didn't Speak Up Earlier on Weinstein Rumors

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movie...r-AAtmzfI?li=BBnb7Kz

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/12/...ment-firing-illegal/

HARVEY WEINSTEIN
Contract with TWC
ALLOWED FOR SEXUAL HARASSMENT

Harvey Weinstein may have been fired illegally by The Weinstein Company, a company that wrote a contract that said Weinstein could get sued over and over for sexual harassment and as long as he shelled out money, that was good enough for the Company.

TMZ is privy to Weinstein's 2015 employment contract, which says if he gets sued for sexual harassment or any other "misconduct" that results in a settlement or judgment against TWC, all Weinstein has to do is pay what the company's out, along with a fine, and he's in the clear.

According to the contract, if Weinstein "treated someone improperly in violation of the company's Code of Conduct," he must reimburse TWC for settlements or judgments. Additionally, "You [Weinstein] will pay the company liquidated damages of $250,000 for the first such instance, $500,000 for the second such instance, $750,000 for the third such instance, and $1,000,000 for each additional instance."

The contract says as long as Weinstein pays, it constitutes a "cure" for the misconduct and no further action can be taken. Translation -- Weinstein could be sued over and over and as long as he wrote a check, he keeps his job.

The contract has specific language as to when the Board of Directors can fire Weinstein -- if he's indicted or convicted of a crime, but that doesn't apply here.

There's another provision ... he can be fired for "the perpetuation by you [Weinstein] of a material fraud against the company." The question ... where's the fraud? Lance Maerov, the board member who negotiated Weinstein's 2015 contract, said in an interview -- and we've confirmed -- the Board knew Weinstein had settled prior lawsuits brought by various women, but they "assumed" it was to cover up consensual affairs. The Board's assumption does not constitute fraud on Weinstein's part.

And here's the kicker. Even if Weinstein had committed fraud by not fully informing the Board of Directors, the contract says before he can be fired he has a right to mediation and if that doesn't work, he's entitled to arbitration. He got neither. He was summarily fired, and sources connected with Weinstein tell TMZ he was never given a specific reason.

A source connected with TWC tells TMZ, the company had a right to fire Weinstein if he didn't notify the Board of Directors of settlements. We're told there have been no settlements since the contract was signed, so it would seem this clause does not apply.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
Jane Fonda Says She Is "Ashamed" She Didn't Speak Up Earlier on Weinstein Rumors

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movie...r-AAtmzfI?li=BBnb7Kz
Nothing new. For nearly half a century, Jane Fonda has been offering up excuses no one believes or is interested in hearing.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Now Amazon's Entertainment Chief Roy Price has been dragged into this newfound Hollywood obsession with sexual harassment, he has been suspended. Of course now Jeff Bezos is pulled into the storm.
http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...sations-surface.html

Leftist chef Anthony Bourdain has criticized Hillary in tweets and now has drawn fire from her advisers. Ben Affleck's people are circling the wagons because he has a huge movie release next month. More leftist actresses keep coming out of the woodwork.

It is a spectator sport. The mix of leftist politics and Hollywood has exploded with a vengeance. This is great entertainment Smile.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's like the proverbial circular firing squad. I haven't enjoyed keeping up with the 'news' this much since Election Night!!

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Harvey Weinstein is probed by London police after being accused of sexual abuse dating back to the 1980s amid an avalanche of sex harassment claims

-Movie mogul has faced an avalanche of claims of sexual impropriety this week
-It emerged today that an allegation of sexual assault has been made to UK police
-The claim to police relates to an alleged sex attack in London in the 1980s
-Actress Sophie Dix says her career was ruined by an attack in the Savoy Hotel
-New York police are also examining whether any historic claims have been made

Scotland Yard is investigating Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein over alleged sexual abuse in the UK, it emerged this afternoon.

The Metropolitan Police is reviewing an allegation against the movie mogul dating back to the 1980s after Merseyside Police received a tip-off and referred it to them.

A separate English actress, Sophie Dix, has also revealed an alleged sexual assault by Weinstein left her burgeoning Hollywood career in tatters.

It comes amid an avalanche of claims of sexual impropriety made against the 65-year-old by some of the movie industry's most famous actresses in the last few days.

A Met Police spokesman said this afternoon: 'We can confirm the Metropolitan Police Service was passed an allegation of sexual assault by Merseyside Police on Wednesday, 11 October.

'The allegation will be assessed by officers from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command.'

There is no suggestion the allegation relates to child abuse.

A spokesman for police in Liverpool said: 'Merseyside Police can confirm a report was received at 8.40am on Wednesday of an alleged sexual assault in the London area in the 1980s. The report has been referred to the Metropolitan Police.'

The Met Police is not the only force examining sexual abuse claims against Weinstein, with the New York Police Department announcing they are taking a fresh look into potential sexual assault allegations against the producer.

NYPD spokesman Peter Donald said today that investigators are trying to determine whether there were any additional complaints involving Weinstein.
Lucia Evans told The New Yorker that the summer before her senior year, Weinstein met her at a club and asked her to come in for a meeting at his office.
She was a college student preparing for her senior year at Middlebury in 2004 when she met Weinstein at Cipriani in New York City.
The aspiring actress gave Weinstein her phone number, eventually agreeing to come in and read for a female casting director at his office in Tribeca.
They spoke briefly and then, according to Evans, Weinstein exposed himself and forced her to perform a sex act on him inside the office.
'I said, over and over, "I don’t want to do this, stop, don’t,"' said Evans.
'I tried to get away, but maybe I didn’t try hard enough. I didn’t want to kick him or fight him.'
His frame proved to be too much for Evans however, who found herself completely helpless.
'I just sort of gave up. That’s the most horrible part of it, and that’s why he’s been able to do this for so long to so many women: people give up, and then they feel like it’s their fault,' said Evans.
The most damning exchange is the one when Weinstein admits to groping the model.
'Oh, please, I’m sorry, just come on in. I’m used to that. Come on. Please,' Weinstein can be heard saying on the tape.
'You’re used to that?' responded Battilana.
'Yes. I won’t do it again,' said Harvey.
The recording led many to question District Attorney Cyrus Vance, who just a few months after deciding to drop charges got a $10,000 check for his campaign from Weinstein's lawyer David Boies.

'We had the evidence,' said a police source.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...n.html#ixzz4vLjUHong

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Harvey Weinstein is probed by London police after being accused of sexual abuse dating back to the 1980s amid an avalanche of sex harassment claims

From the 80s? What's the statute of limitation on this stuff?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Wow, this series of events is just incredible! The kingdom is crashing. I hope Hollywood and the Dems suffer deep and wide. It's about damn time.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:

Yup, perfect! Despicable trashes.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
For decades the left has lectured us on sexual harassment, most of us have had to attend some sort of training in workplace. And as usual ends up the left covering up their own. Just like they covered for the serial rapist Bill.

This pervert is going to have a memorial wall of women.
Here is a list of those who have come forward so far.

Kate Beckinsale

Gwyneth Paltrow

Angelina Jolie

Cara Delevigne

Lea Seydoux

Asia Argento

Zoe Brock

Louisette Geiss

Judith Godreche

Dawn Dunning

Tomi-Ann Roberts

Katherine Kendall

Lucia Evans

Mira Sorvino

Rosanna Arquette

Rose McGowan

Ashley Judd

Emma De Caunes

Lauren O'Connor

Ambra Battilana

Jessica Barth

Laura Madden

Emily Nestor

Zelda Perkins

Elizabeth Karlsen

Liza Campbell

Lauren Sivan

Jessica Hynes

Romola Garai

Florence Darel

Unnamed assistant

Another unnamed assistant

Unnamed Miramax employee

Unnamed woman

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
In the past, it has been rumored that the Les Grossman character from Tropic Thunder was based on Harvey Weinstein. This article shows the parallels, including both having an addiction to Diet Coke (the lady Weinstein masturbated in front of saw cases of Diet Coke in his car). To those who have never heard of Weinstein before, Les Grossman might be a close simulation Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odd8Zdhuj9o

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
For decades the left has lectured us on sexual harassment, most of us have had to attend some sort of training in workplace. And as usual ends up the left covering up their own. Just like they covered for the serial rapist Bill.

Nice article about this today:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion...essengers-loose.html

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
It's comical watching Hollywood go after each other. When is the pink pussy hat protest?

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I had no idea" has become the new mantra.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
HARVEY WEINSTEIN
Contract with TWC
ALLOWED FOR SEXUAL HARASSMENT

Assuming that's true, this is an attorney I need working for me. Not for this issue, just for the ability to get something so crazy in a contract.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
"I had no idea" has become the new mantra....

Sidenote, reminds me of a situation from some years ago.

Clark Clifford was an ultimate WDC insider, one breath away from Truman, JFK, LBJ, Carter, top atty/power broker at the highest level of gov’t for 30+ years. He was also the CEO of the US division of BCCI (a worldwide bank for criminal activity). When the criminal nature was uncovered there were congressional hearings. Clifford said he had no idea about his owners/boss’/leaders being corrupt. A congress critter commented “Mr. Clifford, what you told me is you spent eight years in bed with a naked lady and all you got was a back rub”.

I guess liberal ethics haven't changed much in the past 50 years.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
"I had no idea" has become the new mantra....

Sidenote, reminds me of a situation from some years ago.

Clark Clifford was an ultimate WDC insider, one breath away from Truman, JFK, LBJ, Carter, top atty/power broker at the highest level of gov’t for 30+ years. He was also the CEO of the US division of BCCI (a worldwide bank for criminal activity). When the criminal nature was uncovered there were congressional hearings. Clifford said he had no idea about his owners/boss’/leaders being corrupt. A congress critter commented “Mr. Clifford, what you told me is you spent eight years in bed with a naked lady and all you got was a back rub”.

I guess liberal ethics haven't changed much in the past 50 years.

Keep in mind that at his age when he was involved with BCCI, a backrub might have been the only choice.

quote:
Clifford, who prided himself on decades of meticulously ethical conduct, summed his predicament up when he sadly told a reporter from The New York Times, "I have a choice of either seeming stupid or venal."

Clifford was indicted, but never tried due to poor health. His partner, Robert A. Altman, Wonder Woman’s husband, was tried, put on no defense after the judge dismissed the principal count and was acquitted of the remaining charges by the jury, after 5 minutes of deliberation.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Hey Hillary, your household is a mess, why don't you focus on that.

Hillary Clinton compares Weinstein to Trump

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-to-trump/vi-AAtoZAP