SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
His new defense is that it's all a vast right wing conspiracy

Hillary supporter Harvey Weinstein thinks a 'right wing conspiracy out to get me' is reason he has been revealed as serial sexual harasser

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Who is this asshole?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
How do you like dem apples

Bravo, Sir.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Democrat.
Do as I say, not as I do. Repeat.
That other stuff is for you poor people and any Republicans.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
advising Weinstein:

Anita Dunn, a top Obama campaign staffer and former White House communications director

Lanny Davis, former special counsel to Bill Clinton

David Boies (represented Al Gore in 2000 presidential election)

Lisa Bloom (who helped bring down Bill O’Reilly)

Charles Harder (who helped Hulk Hogan fell Gawker).

"it's a right wing conspiracy" yet Weinstein says:

"I've brought on therapists and I plan to take a leave of absence from my company and to deal with this issue head on."

"My journey now will be to learn about myself and conquer my demons"

exactly where does the right wing conspiracy fit in ? (probably the same place where it fit in for the Clintons)

is "right wing conspiracy" a code phrase for "truthful facts" ?

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Who is this asshole?

A high-powered film producer and studio executive, started Miramax Films, sold it and now is head of The Weinstein Co. Like his buddy Quentin Tarantino, Weinstein is considered one of the biggest assholes in Hollywood, his reputation is that he treats everyone extremely poorly.

quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

And leftist political activist Ashley Judd is just one of the many who are accusing Weinstein of past harassment. She actually told an industry rag a few years ago about sexual harassment from a studio head, but did not disclose the identity until recently.

Yeah, that "right-wing-conspiracy" crap will work wonders.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
The only thing I really boycott are his films.

fuck that guy.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who is this asshole?

A Has been Movie producer, who threaten to make a movie revealing the NRA. He's an infamous Gun Hater.... Buy produced some of the most violent gun movies ever made.
In other words a typical Hollywood hypocrite.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
ask him how well the last anti gun movie did. Hell, I can't even remember the name, Miss Jones or something.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
If I read it right, he is going to sue the NYT, who knew of his antics for some time, but he paid them to not report it.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"One of the most open secrets in Hollywood." The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds. Every time some lib mentions fake news about President Trump's alleged sexual harassment I'm just going to keep repeating, "Harvey Weinstein. "

Even CNN admits this is a big, big problem for the Democrat party. President Trump just keeps winning:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/a...democrats/index.html

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
"One of the most open secrets in Hollywood." The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds. Every time some lib mentions fake news about President Trump's alleged sexual harassment I'm just going to keep repeating, "Harvey Weinstein. "

Same here. There are a couple of Leftists I know that claim they are open-minded, but they really aren't. In past times I thought it might open their eyes if we had conversations that allowed them information beyond The New York Times, Washington Post, and CNN. Nope - no effect whatsoever. So from now on anytime they bring up Trump's comment either to or around me I'll turn into a giant parrot and exclaim "Harvey Weinstein!" over and over.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Who is this asshole?

A high-powered film producer and studio executive, started Miramax Films, sold it and now is head of The Weinstein Co. Like his buddy Quentin Tarantino, Weinstein is considered one of the biggest assholes in Hollywood, his reputation is that he treats everyone extremely poorly.

quote:

And leftist political activist Ashley Judd is just one of the many who are accusing Weinstein of past harassment. She actually told an industry rag a few years ago about sexual harassment from a studio head, but did not disclose the identity until recently.

Yeah, that "right-wing-conspiracy" crap will work wonders.

It never ceases to amaze me all the fine upstanding wonderful people you never heard of when you don’t go to the movies.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't wait for the media to start asking every dem he donated to when they are going to return the donation...Every interview with every dem needs to start with that question, like they would if he had donated to republicans.

Elizabeth Warren promises to donate her contributions from Weinstein to "charity" Roll Eyes

His attorney's have interesting backgrounds. Lanny Davis defended Bill Clinton in the Lewinsky scandal. His other attorney Lisa Bloom organized the opposition against Bill O'Reilly and also Bill Cosby, so why is she defending a scumbag like Weinstein when historically she sides with the victims? Turns out he optioned her book for aTV mini-series earlier this year.

And even though for decades, he had a reputation as a predator in Hollywood, guys like Obama were more than happy to take his money and even let his daughter intern for the slimeball.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Can't wait for the media to start asking every dem he donated to when they are going to return the donation...Every interview with every dem needs to start with that question, like they would if he had donated to republicans.

Elizabeth Warren promises to donate her contributions from Weinstein to "charity" Roll Eyes

She's going to do what the DNC has done. They are taking $30K and giving it to groups that donate to dem candidates and calling it 'donating to charity':

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
The only thing I really boycott are his films.

fuck that guy.

That's one hell of a list to boycott:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005544/

I'm not sure I can, but I'll wear pantyhose over my head so no one will know.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
Ashley Judd huh? Why wasn't she brave enough, during her putrid rant against Trump, to mention Harvey? Her balls not bigger than that vagina on her head?

Guess not.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^Yup, that's sure what she did. And she had undying love and support for the woman who could be bought by the same man who harassed her. It just can't get any better!

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
So Gloria Allred's daughter is representing Weinstein...Let's say Gloria is not thrilled with her decision:

- John Adams

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
these right wing conspirators are very powerful (sarc)

http://deadline.com/2017/10/ha...rk-times-1202183009/

Harvey Weinstein’s self-declared indefinite leave of absence from the company he co-founded and co-chairs could become permanent. While not showing him the door yet, The Weinstein Company board announced this evening that they have retained outside lawyers and begun an independent investigation of the co-chairman following yesterday’s exhaustive New York Times report detailing decades of alleged sexual harassment and big-bucks settlements.

“The investigating lawyers will be reporting to a special committee of the board composed exclusively of independent directors,” the statement signed by Bob Weinstein and three other board members read. The statement also says that it is “essential to our Company’s culture that all women who work for it or have any dealings with it or any of our executives are treated with respect and have no experience of harassment or discrimination.”

The board controls the majority of the company, with Harvey holding about a 23% equity stake and his brother and co-chief Bob holding the same amount.

The development comes after a dramatic two-day emergency board meeting held in the wake of the New York Times exposé that detailed numerous devastating allegations of sexual harassment against Harvey Weinstein. The meeting started Thursday and continued all day today.

During the volatile showdown between Harvey and the board, who were reportedly at odds over the extend of his suspension from the company, three board member resigned — billionaire publishing heir and investor Dirk Ziff; Tim Sarnoff, Deputy CEO and President of Production at Technicolor; and Marc Lasry, CEO of Avenue Capital Group and a co-owner of the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks.

Indicating a deep divide, of the nine TWC board members (eight without Harvey Weinstein), only four signed the statement — which endorsed his indefinite leave but stopped short of terminating him — Weinstein’s brother Bob, Tarak Ben Ammar, Lance Maerov and Richard Koenigsberg. In addition to the three who resigned, Paul Tudor Jones, allegedly opted not to sign the statement

“We have retained an independent and leading lawyer and firm, John Kiernan of Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, to undertake a thorough and independent investigation and report to the full Board on the results of that investigation,” said the TWC statement, signed by board members Bob Weinstein, Tarak Ben Ammar, Lance Maerov and Richard Koenigsberg.

“Working with Mr. Kiernan will be his partners Matthew Fishbein, former Chief Assistant United States Attorney for both the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and Helen Cantwell, former prosecutor in the Southern District of New York and the New York County District Attorney’s Sex Crimes Unit, who have extensive experience in these kinds of investigations,” it adds.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post