SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, that's it, Ben. The answer to this shit is to "put more women in positions of power", you posturing hypocrite. Just be quiet. You'll have plenty of opportunities in the future to demonstrate how "progressive" you are, you phony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHfnbEPUqQQ

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Weinstein doesn't want treatment he wants a place to hide.
Good, GTFO and take ALL of Hollywood with you.

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Weinstein doesn't want treatment he wants a place to hide.
Good, GTFO and take ALL of Hollywood with you.

Yeah, that would decrease the headcount of libtard idiots in south Kalifornistan by a whole bunch.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
This is pretty stinking good. Apologies if it's been posted. I didn't see it with a cursory re-read of the thread.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9156 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
There is almost zero chance I have 28 minutes worth of care about this idiot.

Just glad he's getting his.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
There is almost zero chance I have 28 minutes worth of care about this idiot.

Just glad he's getting his.

Completely understandable. I think what I enjoyed about it is that Stefan puts in to words what a lot of people feel about Hollywood: "They lecture on everything, including morals, but have no concept of right and wrong."

It's more of a commentary on the Left/Hollywood alliance than anything else.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9156 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Bill Clinton and Tiger Woods will be in his rehab group.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Perhaps Bill Clinton and Tiger Woods will be in his rehab group.

And Carlos Danger!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the Jeff Epstein Center for Sexual Addiction. Free flights to the Caribbean.

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
And Mark Steyn hits another one out of the park:

https://www.steynonline.com/81...ns-and-condescension

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
And Mark Steyn hits another one out of the park:

https://www.steynonline.com/81...ns-and-condescension

Steyn is really rolling on this, isn’t he.

Those of us more mature types doubtless remember back when big league baseball stars were portrayed as heroes, good, clean, upstanding All American boys. And how JFK was a youthful, intellectual, vigorous, devout Catholic family man. In fact, all of our political leaders were the kind of men you hoped to grow up to be, except maybe Nixon, and even Ike was a benvolent grandfatherly type.

It turns out these ball players, Mickey Mantle, Whitey Ford, Billy Martin, et al, were hard core partiers, big drinkers, even smoked cigarettes. I don’t recall a single word in any media about these aspects of their lives. We know now that JFK’s public persona was appallingly false in every way. Lyndon Johnson did not enjoy nearly so clean a public image, but there was no talk about his extra curricular carrying on, or his unique persuasive techniques.

These were all well known to newspaper reporters, and a lot more, too.

What are we to make of these stories that the Secretary of State called the President a “moron?” This was vouched for by 3 sources, none of whom were named. When the SoS declined to deny the story directly, the media mob pounced in it, and one of the original reporters went so far as to say there were 6 unnamed sources and SoS actually said “fucking moron.”

There are stories about the Chief of Staff, General Kelly and the chaos that has perpetuated under his stewardship and the President’s resulting frustration, which is said to be reciprocal.

Now NBC says Trump wants to expand the nuclear arsenal ten times. Trump doesn’t say that.

Freedom of the press is a wonderful concept but when it is abused, as it inevitably will be, the government will not, cannot, push back.

So lets get on with it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Two must read opinions:

Weinstein scandal leaves a trail of hypocrisy
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/...hypocrisy/ar-AAthtla

The Democrats cannot ignore their Harvey Weinstein problem
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/...n-problem/ar-AAtjcvE

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The problem for dems is that to condemn one is to condemn all of their precious protected preverts....WBJC and his harpy accomplice/enabler included. Hard to go there.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Had to Google Harvey Weinstein. Never heard of him. Sounds like another nut job.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
Two must read opinions:

Weinstein scandal leaves a trail of hypocrisy
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/...hypocrisy/ar-AAthtla

The Democrats cannot ignore their Harvey Weinstein problem
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/...n-problem/ar-AAtjcvE

Your first link is complete, utter bullshit. The idiot equates Weinstein's exploits with Trump's "locker room" talk. A bunch of horseshit.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm not comparing what they may or may not have actually done. My point was the level of controversy at the time, and the longer term result.

When the Billy Bush tape came out, the prevailing opinion was that Trump was done. Well, how did that work out?

What I'm saying here is that the prevailing wisdom now is that Weinstein is done. Since, as everyone has pointed out, this SEEMS more serious, maybe he is. But short of a criminal conviction coming out of this, I wouldn't bet on him being gone for good.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I will point out that during the campaign, Trump admitted similar behavior, which then brought out several women seeming to confirm the behavior. He subsequently got elected president.
Horse shit. Try reading the stories about what this asshole Weinstein did. You are flat-out wrong. Read the stories.

If you have a problem with President Trump and you have a bone to pick with him, get the facts straight before you make accusations.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since, as everyone has pointed out, this SEEMS more serious, maybe he is.
Oh, this "seems" more serious than the accusations against the President? Is that what you're saying? I want to be sure that I understand you correctly.

posted Hide Post
It always seemed to me that Trump was exaggerating his exploits to impress Billy Bush. Harvey was buying silence from his victims.

As for him making a comeback, never. He made Liberal Hollywood look foolish. Even worse, he's going to cost them money.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The Trump controversy started with his own statements, then female accusers started coming out of the woodwork. Weinstein's started with the accusations. That make them more credible. There are also direct rape accusations now.

But I think your missing my point. It's about the effect not the cause.

quote:
quote:
Oh, this "seems" more serious than the accusations against the President? Is that what you're saying? I want to be sure that I understand you correctly.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm asking you what you meant with the following statement, with "SEEMS" in it"
quote:
I'm asking you if you are actually comparing the accusations against President Trump to the VILE shit Weinstein is being accused of. Can you please answer this question? "Yes" or "No" will suffice.