SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
BREAKING NEWS

"Attorneys working with ClassAction.net are currently speaking with starlets (male, female or transgender) who experienced complications following contact with Harvey Weinsteen including severe pain, dangerous infections and other serious problems that led to second careers or even successful careers that are now leading nowhere after spilling the long-held-close beans."

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Bunch of two faced fucks. Unbelievable.

Jimmy "Cry Baby" Kimmel Defends Lack of Harvey Weinstein Jokes: I’m Not the ‘Moral Conscience of America’

Jimmy Kimmel’s reluctance to go after Harvey Weinstein says a lot about what he’s willing to fight for.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...onscience-of-america

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Bunch of two faced fucks. Unbelievable.

Jimmy "Cry Baby" Kimmel Defends Lack of Harvey Weinstein Jokes: I’m Not the ‘Moral Conscience of America’

Jimmy Kimmel’s reluctance to go after Harvey Weinstein says a lot about what he’s willing to fight for.

I can't stand this POS much longer.

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Kimmel: The father figure any kid should look up to.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Rikers Island AKA HELL always has room for Mega rich hollywood types...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8349 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
My nephew told me last night..

"weinerstien used his position to get ass, but all those girls used ass to get a position, why is one wrong and not the other?"

I didn't have a good answer.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Power and control is the answer.
Only one person in that deal has the ability to affect the life and job of the other, if they don't get what they want.

Weinstein is human garbage for using his immense power the way that he did. He deserves everything that is coming to him.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelsig229:

"weinerstien used his position to get ass, but all those girls used ass to get a position, why is one wrong and not the other?"

I'd tell him because it comes down to who has the power.

It's like 68'ing. That's the same as 69'ing, but I'll own you one...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
ABC-tv NYC just showed a huge protest in front of the DA's office. Women from NOW and others! Yes All 10 of them chanting!
Good thing there was about 2 DZ NYPD there to maintain order...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8349 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Casting Couch stories are as old as the film industry itself, and not unique to it.

Foul people in positions of power have asked, expected, implied, demanded, and taken or tried to take sexual favors and otherwise from those in need/want for as long as societies have existed. Kings, Mayors, Cops, Priests, Teachers, Presidents, Bosses, Coaches, Guards, you name it, they've done it. Not all, not even close to all of each, but it's always been there.

As such this story isn't particularly unusual, nor confined to Hollywood or liberals, nor is it a recent development, nor connected to some change in our collective morals, or anything of the sort. It is a very old practice, more common than most are comfortable admitting, and is a simple function of power and but one manifestation of how power corrupts some.

And when you factor in the high stakes / big payoffs of Hollywood careers, the number of hotties and wannabes in want/need, the sort of unattractive and uncool kind of man Weinstein is, and the fact that some folks are actually willing to make such "trades" - so to speak - it's easy to see how it went on so long and was even factored into his contract.

Money talks, loudly and clearly, as does fame, all simple versions of power. And if it weren't for social media and the ease with which some of his victims and others he's somehow pissed off can air their complaints to so many folks in an instant, even this case of one of humanity's oldest practices would probably still be going on unabated.

I don't condone his/this behavior, I condemn it, and I'm pleased to see at least one asshole in a position of power who was abusing it get caught and raked over the proverbial coals, but none of this is surprising, and I bet a fair number of his victims were at least somewhat willing participants at the time it occurred, and I bet several knew it going in.

Lucky for us (non Democrats) this particular power-abusing asshole happens to be a vocal Democrat with ties to the Clintons and others, and it's definitely especially funny to see it happen to him and them at this time, but don't think for a second that it couldn't have been someone from our side of the fence, or that it won't be some CEO or the like next time...

The hypocrisy here is what's so rich, watching insufferable assholes eat their own, and I include most of Hollywood in that group, because if there's anything that's "definitive Hollywood", it's casting couch stories and knowing that that's how much of it works, so it's hard to have too much sympathy for his victims, I bet many willingly ignored it all along.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Power and control is the answer.
Only one person in that deal has the ability to affect the life and job of the other, if they don't get what they want.

The same reason it’s wrong and a UCMJ offense for a second lieutenant to solicit—or even accept an unsolicited offer of—a blow job from a PFC subordinate. It’s also true if the two parties are the President and an office intern, except that it’s not a UCMJ offense.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Only one person in that deal has the ability to affect the life and job of the other

I understand the spirit of those words, but there have been quite a few powerful people brought down by the claims of the "weak" and "powerless" who went public.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

There's nothing wrong with it as stated, but that's not what Weinstein is accused of.

When I studied anthropology in college one of the topics involved humans becoming mating couples. I recall it as the food sex contract. The males would hunt and offer protection, and the women would stay in the cave and raise the family. Food in exchange for sex. I get a lot of flak in mixed company when this topic comes up, but modern humans are not much different. Women put out to catch the guy (and what he has to offer).

Of course it's about power. If Weinstein was some homeless bum, he couldn't have pulled whatever strings he pulled to get these women into movies. That's why they were sleeping with him and not the bum. So long as it's a consensual deal, then I have no issue with it.

Much of what he is accused of wasn't consensual, and that's why it's a problem.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelsig229:

To be clear, I don't have a problem with someone selling sex for profit (I do live in Nevada, after all).
I do have a problem with coercion. He threatened them (open or implied) with consequences if they failed to do as he wanted.
Hang him.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I would bet there are a bunch of executives in every corporation wondering if they are next.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When is it an attack? and when is it "worth the hassle"

If I am hot female victim #11, how pissed off at the first ten that did not feel the need to come forward , should I be?

this b.s. of everyone waiting for some one else to stick his/her neck out confuses me.

( but I am a male)

when will a female come forward and say , " yeah he did it too me so I kicked him in the nuts twice and he quit"

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54625 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unnamed sources have confirmed to CNN that Meryl Streep did not refer to Harvey Weinstein as "God", but rather as "Dog". As in, "You dog! Wooof!".

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I would bet there are a bunch of executives in every corporation wondering if they are next.

Oh yes, this thing is snowballing. Fashion world is starting to denounce it. Could get more interesting.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got expelled from the MPAA.

Edit to add:

From the LA Times:

"But within the academy some wrestled with the decision, fearing that it could set a precedent that would require the academy to police its members’ behavior going forward. As many have pointed out in recent days, other Hollywood figures who have come under attack for their treatment of women — including Bill Cosby, Roman Polanski and Mel Gibson — remain members of the academy in good standing."

Awkward. Roll Eyes

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post