SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Power window on 04 Cadillac quit on me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Power window on 04 Cadillac quit on me Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
I think the track broke. The window won't stay up. What type of shop would you take it to for repair? An auto glass place? Body shop? Stealership? I'm on vacay and repairing it myself isn't an option.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Driver's window? If not, maybe shim it up & leave it for awhile.

And they wonder why I often open another window to throw something out(banana peel) than the driver's side.

A friend just had a window system repaired, Nissan. It was $600+ or so.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Passenger front. Wife "broke" it. Wink

I fully expect it to cost several hunnit dollars.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
I had one go out on my 04 Suburban and it was a surprisingly easy repair. Bought the part from AutoZone and watched YouTube. Took less than 90 minutes. I imagine you could do it even on vacation, if so inclined.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 569 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
IIRC, this is a relatively simple cable-type regulator, not riveted to the door or the glass (I REALLY hate that). But if DIY is out, I see no reason why a glass shop worth their salt couldn't handle it. Most such services are mobile - they come out to you - as well. The dealer will likely cost a lot more.

Posts: 27955 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I let my drivers side down one evening when a heavy rain let up. It wouldn't go back up and the rain came back, wouldn't you know. I know a GM Tech who helped with a jumper pack to get it up and, for now, disable that broken window switch. Sure glad I got 3 more and air conditioning.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I went a good two years with an older car where the two front windows were inop in the up position, no A/C either. I just used the rear windows, opened the door at drive-thru's, and stayed hydrated.

I ended up giving this car to charity. With the one on the passenger side I'd say, 'low priority'.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post