SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vortex, Line X, or just keep the factory plastic insert??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex, Line X, or just keep the factory plastic insert?? Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I just don’t have the time. Plus Vortex and Line X both have a lifetime warranty.
So if I do it I’ll have it professionally done.
Which I am leaning towards.
Fair enough.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Line-X is a blend of polyurea and polyurethane. It is superior. Sadly, it is too expensive for my 1995 Ford F150. I have enjoyed it on my departed Toyota Tundra. It works great.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Line-X may be the best but it is the most expensive by far.
If your are into DIY look at UPOL Raptor Liner they are quite common in DIY scenarios.
Lots of YouTube examples for it too.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Line X, I’ve had it in the bed of my 2005 F-150 since new and never had an issue. It was sprayed in in either late 2005 or early 2006. At the time they had the additional top coating that was supposed to be a UV protectant that I opted for. I think now it’s the Premium or something like that.

Either way it spent two years in WY for the coldest and snowiest winters I’ve ever experienced, several years in MO, and the rest of it’s life baking in the Texas sun. Hauled furniture, rock, sand, mulch, bricks, and who knows what else. Still looks damn near new. When I wash the truck and rinse out the bed it looks great.

Here’s a not so great shot of it right now.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
How cold is it where you live? My brother in AK tells me they use up there something besides LineX and Rhino as it handles the cold better. He isn't answering but somebody up north may know. I did Rhino. Dealer did a crap job. Whichever route you go, check out the dealer's reviews first.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Wanna break your neck? Climb up into your truck bed on a plastic liner with snow on it.
Probably a Yooper problem, though.
Ditch the plastic and go with LineX. I have used the rubber liners with good success, too.

Part of the reason I am got the aluminum trifold top. My truck can sit if a week or so at a time. If it snows just another thing to have to sweep off if I went with the soft top.

quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I just don’t have the time. Plus Vortex and Line X both have a lifetime warranty.
So if I do it I’ll have it professionally done.
Which I am leaning towards.
Fair enough.

I try to do as much as I can myself and I think I would do a fine job with RaptorLiner. My luck I would get the bed all sanded and prepped and it would start to rain or a pipe in the house would bust and it would be weeks before I get to finish.

My deck project has been going on for over a month thanks to a burst pipe, civil unrest, and this weekend did nothing but rain. Kind of hard to stain a deck in the rain.

quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Line-X is a blend of polyurea and polyurethane. It is superior. Sadly, it is too expensive for my 1995 Ford F150. I have enjoyed it on my departed Toyota Tundra. It works great.

That settles it. If anything has to do with chemical formulation and you say what to go with.
Well, that is what I am going with.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Line-X is the first thing I do to a new truck.

Also quiets the ride - a lot. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Definitely Linex

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Bullet Liner

https://www.bulletliner.com/

I have been using them for about 15 years and bought hundreds of liners from them with zero complaints

This is after my Line X guy became unreliable, expensive and just wasn't giving me a quality job

BTW, I pay under $400 for a 6.5' bed

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
20+ years ago Rhino was the way to go. Tech and local installs have moved beyond it. My last 2 rhino liners failed. Last 3 Line-X no problems at all. Like new. Invincible.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shiftyvtec:
Bedrug. I have two, one in the Ford and one in my Tundra.

The Ford is always garaged but the Tundra sits in the weather 24/7. Still looks good other than some rust stains that I could remove if I cared to.

They claim mulch, dirt etc. Is no problem for it. Check it out.

Agreed! Bedrugs are awesome! I was a spray in guy until I got a rug. Absolutely love. Dead dear bleeding all over it. No problem, sprays right out. Dirt and sand, you can spray it out or vacuum it out. I get a new truck and very two years, and I just in Velcro it and take it with me. Wish I Doyle have gotten one years earlier.

Best part is that unlike a spray in, it doesn’t destroy things like a golf bag, suit cases, etc. spray-in liners tear stuff up.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Line-x. I have had my last 3 trucks Line-x’d from new. The one previous to that had Rhino lining. I prefer the texture and fade resistance of Line-x.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
When I was researching between RHINO and LINE-X, some reference was made to how thick the products were.

Users said LINE-X was hard on their knees whereas RHINO was sprayed on thicker and spongier. The thicker application was a reason why it did not resist lateral abrasion damage like LINE-X is known for.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post