SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone have tennis elbow?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone have tennis elbow? Login/Join 
So many hobbies,
too little time...
Picture of BoneDoc
posted Hide Post
Not every lateral elbow pain is tennis elbow. However if you do have it, most cases resolve over time. It can take up to a year in some cases. Straps can help reduce the strain when gripping but are not necessarily a cure. Ibuprofen type meds are hit or miss.
Steroid injections arevery helpful short term but many see resolution after only one or two.
PRP or platelet rich plasma injections are promising but not many insurance covers it.
Therapy can be helpful but some people need to work with their hands and that can be counterproductive.
Tennis elbow is basically a nuisance problem common in midlife.

Posts: 2024 | Location: IL | Registered: January 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I'm screwed......... Frown

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do NOT use one of those band type braces at just below the elbow they offer little good effect and can put pressure on the radial tunnel causing symptoms of radial nerve compression. The big problem causing the pain is repetitive wrist flexion. Wearing a cockup splint at the wrist to limit wrist flexion will help a lot more

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
I suffered from it for years, had to quit shooting in competition because of the pain. Then one night I was talking to an old chiropractor who saw me who saw me flinch when we shook hands. He asked me if I had tennis elbow and I said yes for the last 5 years. He smiled and said I can fix it right now if you buy me a drink!

I said OK, bought the drink and he asked me to stand and just relax my arm, he took it and with the upper arm pointing down worked my arm back and forth like I was swinging a hammer, when I was relaxed he threw the wrist toward the floor and it hurt like hell!!! But guess what -?
No more tennis elbow, it was gone. If I strain it now I simply toss my wrist down like he did, hyper extending my elbow, and it is gone instantly.

Very simple cure and as I remember his drink cost me $5.00. Used him from that time on, he really knew his stuff!!

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post