SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pope: Rights of migrants trumps national security concerns...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pope: Rights of migrants trumps national security concerns... Login/Join 
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I would tell him he can go suck dick, but he probably would - or at least fondle little boys.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Also the Pope: "Hey fellas can we try to figure out why our churches are all emptying out?"

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Commie needs to FOAD, as far as I'm concerned.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It's not my circus and it's not my monkey.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's amazing what kind of idiot would be elected to the position of Pope. Oh, wait, it's political, just like everything else.

If the migrants would actually assimilate to the culture they're being placed into, everything would be great. They refuse to do that, but rather want said culture they're immersed in to assimilate backwards to their original culture. Not acceptable.

If y'all didn't already get the hint, if y'all don't have a figurative sword, you should consider selling your cloak to get one. Wink

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the_sandman_454:
It's amazing what kind of idiot would be elected to the position of Pope. Oh, wait, it's political, just like everything else.

Religion and politics are intertwined throughout history. Separation of the two is relatively rare and recent. I'm sure someone back in the day was questioning that Moses character when the food ran out.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Saint John Paul The Great (Pope John Paul II) is spinning so fast the Vatican Engineer can generate steam by passing water over his sarcophagus. Soon they are installing a turbine to generate 122.7 megawatts of power.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31437 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Saint John Paul The Great (Pope John Paul II) is spinning so fast the Vatican Engineer can generate steam by passing water over his sarcophagus.

That was quite a moment in history when JPII, Reagan and Thatcher were all in office.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Saint John Paul The Great (Pope John Paul II) is spinning so fast the Vatican Engineer can generate steam by passing water over his sarcophagus.

That was quite a moment in history when JPII, Reagan and Thatcher were all in office.
We had a pretty close working relationship with Brian Mulroney (Canada) and Robert Hawke (Australia) at that time, as I remember.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Also the Pope: "Hey fellas can we try to figure out why our churches are all emptying out?"

They aren't. Not all of them.
Church = Community for many of us. It's what's happening at the local level, the parish level that's important.
Ignore the ignoramus Pope!
Good things are happening in local communities.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24109 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
He is a globalist and wants to see individual nations collapse.He wants to usher in the new age.

Curious question. Does the Pope really believe this policy will make the world a better place to live?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
He is a globalist and wants to see individual nations collapse.He wants to usher in the new age.

Curious question. Does the Pope really believe this policy will make the world a better place to live?

No one can answer that but him of course. So I realize it's a rhetorical question.
But.... He's either really stupid or so steeped in Marxist ideology (liberation theology) from his days in Argentina that he may actually believe it.

The interesting thing is that the man he replaced recognized it as heresy:

In his role as doctrinal watchdog, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger referred to Liberation Theology as a “singular heresy” and a “fundamental threat” to the Church.

“Liberation theology has been generally understood to be a marriage of Marxism and Christianity. What has not been understood is that it was not the product of Christians who pursued Communism, but of Communists who pursued Christians,”

Whereas,
Pope Francis: ‘Liberation Theology Was Good for Latin America’
http://www.breitbart.com/natio...-good-latin-america/

Personally.... I think the current Pope is just confused. He doesn't really seem to understand it. Either that, or he's evil. I'm not sure.
There is something really strange about his replacement of Joseph Ratzinger, who was Pope Benedict XVI.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24109 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JordanR
posted Hide Post
me thinks this particular pope needs to give the keys to the wine cabinet to someone else.

He sounds like a semi functioning alcoholic.

“We’re going to win so much. You’re going to get tired of winning. You’re going to say, ‘Please, Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don’t win so much,’” he vowed.

Posts: 564 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Just another reason why I'm leaving the Catholic Church.

Please tell me that you are not walking away from Christ's Church and the Sacraments over a political disagreement.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
...saying migrants' dignity and right to protection trumps national security concerns.
That statement is so painfully stupid its hard for me to grasp anyone with a functioning brain stem uttered it. If we were to follow the dear pontiff's directive, we'd sacrifice this country's security, which would in turn put every's safety, refugees included, at significant risk. So how would that solve anything? Roll Eyes

Personally, if this clown wants to play in the political world instead of focusing on playing pope, then maybe the catholic church's non-profit status needs to be revoked.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
if this clown wants to play in the political world instead of focusing on playing pope, then maybe the catholic church's non-profit status needs to be revoked.

1. 1st of all, most Catholics ignore him.
2. He's not in the United States or subject to US law
3. You would have to also revoke the non-profit status of every religious organization, because they all have leaders who make political statements.
4. What about all of the hospitals? Most of the hospitals are or were started as Catholic institutions.
5. What about all of the schools? The public schools would have to take the students of course, but could they handle them, all at once? Not around here they couldn't.

So if I donate it for the charitable works of the church, or even just for church maintenance and upkeep at my local parish, you want it taxed again?

Personally, I think you would be better off focusing elsewhere than on taxing churches.
In fact, you could eliminate welfare and the churches would step up and make sure that no one starves.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chellim1,

-rduckwor

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
You would have to also revoke the non-profit status of every religious organization, because they all have leaders who make political statements.

Immediately, please. For a variety of reasons...

...not the least of which is that having me subsidize religious institutions, however indirectly, is as offensive and wrong as making you subsidize Planned Parenthood. Let's ditch this double standard, once and for all. Want churches? Cool. Pay your share of taxes.

Unless of course we took a truly libertarian approach and gave all organizations and companies tax exempt status, taxing only individuals and only once, which would be fine, but will never ever happen so it's not a viable solution now is it? No, not really.

Aren't we against preferred treatment and protected classes and special advantages in general? Equal treatment under the law, right? One set of rules for everyone, no? The audacity here is staggering, and decidedly not conservative in philosophy or practice.

The Pope isn't the only one with messed up ideas.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unless of course we took a truly libertarian approach and gave all organizations and companies tax exempt status, taxing only individuals and only once

I think that's a fine idea. Charitable and religious organizations don't have earnings, they have donations. Corporations do have earnings, of course, but they should not be taxed twice. Their earnings should be passed through to their owners where they are taxed.

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
6. Every dollar that I donate is already taxed when I earn it. So if I donate it for the charitable works of the church, or even just for church maintenance and upkeep at my local parish, you want it taxed again?

Don't you itemize charitable donations?

posted Hide Post
The Pope is not infallible, at least in this case. He's wrong on these worldly affairs.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post