SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pope: Rights of migrants trumps national security concerns...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pope: Rights of migrants trumps national security concerns... Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/s...=2017-08-21-06-26-22

Pope Francis on Monday urged countries to greatly improve their welcome to migrants and stop collective expulsions, saying migrants' dignity and right to protection trumps national security concerns.

Francis' politically pointed message was made in view of the Catholic Church's 2018 world refugee day, celebrated Jan. 14. It comes amid mounting anti-immigrant sentiment in Europe and beyond following waves of migrant arrivals and Islamic extremist attacks.

In the message, Francis demanded governments welcome, protect, promote and integrate migrants, saying Jesus' message of love is rooted in welcoming the "rejected strangers of every age."

He demanded a simplified process of granting humanitarian and temporary visas and rejected arbitrary and collective expulsions as "unsuitable." He said the principle of ensuring each person's dignity "obliges us to always prioritize personal safety over national security."

Francis has made refugees a priority of his pontificate, making his first trip outside Rome in 2013 to the island of Lampedusa, ground zero in Europe's migration crisis. He has repeatedly spoken out for migrants' rights, demanded countries build "bridges not walls," and personally brought a dozen Syrian refugees back to Rome with him when he visited a Greek refugee camp in 2016.

Ignoring critics who say his calls are unrealistic and naive, Francis insisted in the new message that border guards must be trained to protect migrants and that each new arrival, regardless of legal status, must be guaranteed access to basic services beyond health care.

That extends to guaranteeing access to consulates, the justice system and the ability to open a bank account and survive financially, he said.

Unaccompanied minors, he said, require even greater protection, including guaranteeing them citizenship and access to schooling, as well as foster programs rather than detention centers.

He called for policies that support family reunification, employment opportunities and accelerated citizenship procedures to improve migrants' abilities to integrate.

His call was immediately rejected by the leader of Italy's anti-immigrant Northern League party, which has opposed government proposals to change Italy's law to accelerate citizenship for children born in Italy to non-Italians.

"If you want to do it in the Vatican, go ahead," Matteo Salvini wrote on Facebook. "But as a Catholic, I don't think Italy can welcome and support the whole world."

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Sorry. Pope is a knucklehead.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
How many "migrants" are they hosting in Vatican City?

None?

Lighten up Francis...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Francis demanded

Sorry commie, you are not my boss!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Take down the walls of the Vatican and have some smelly Syrian "immigrants" move in with you, Pope.

Then you can run your suck about this, Mister Sackcloth and Assholes.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107493 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah, life long Catholic here, who quit listening to this commie within the first month he got in.
They kinda forced the last one out.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Did anyone expect something different from a South American Marxist? Is anyone surprised?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Dear Pope,

Bugger off.

Kind Regards,
Me

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
hey Pope

fuck you with a stick

If we wanted your opinion on national security, we'd ask for it

until then, just go wave your wand around or whatever the hell it is you do but stay out of politics

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Rarely listen to anything they say. While not anti religion, I don't follow their teachings and couldn't tell you the difference between them if my life depended on it.

If the Pope wants to be a politician, then all the tax advantages should be removed and they should be treated like a political party.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
What a clueless asshole. Nothing a little holy water, communion crackers and angel dust can't fix.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
we should just go ahead and revoke the tax status anyway until this guy kicks off - lets see how he likes being pope then

send the asshole a bill for 35% of the value of the US church, due immediately.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Seriously, the guy is saying this stuff to us from inside the very tall, stout walls of his very own city, and with his own personal police force. When they make the Vatican- every last inch of it- available to "immigrants- when the Pope shares his room, his bath, his table with these dregs, then and only then does he have the right to open his mouth to lecture others about how they should behave in the face of this onslaught.

And since that's never going to happen, he just needs to be quiet and stick to mass and molesting little boys.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107493 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Tell me again how many artillery regiments Frank the Pope has.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
yeah, life long Catholic here, who quit listening to this commie within the first month he got in.
They kinda forced the last one out.

I'm in the same boat, sort of. I was done with the Catholic Church after the death of John Paul II....The Vatican should stay out of politics, and stick to religion!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:The Vatican should stay out of politics, and stick to religion!

In Italy, Vatican and politics are one in the same.

Ol'Pope would change his tune if all the migrants decided to stop and set-up in Italy, instead they're continuing-on into Germany/France/Scandinavia thus, he can lean back and tut-tut everyone by saying they need to do 'what's right'.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Did anyone expect something different from a South American Marxist? Is anyone surprised?

Nope... and we all knew it within the first month following the papal enclave. Marxist first, pope second. It's shameful.

quote:
In the message, Francis demanded governments welcome, protect, promote and integrate migrants, saying Jesus' message of love is rooted in welcoming the "rejected strangers of every age."

I've got news for you, Francis: His teachings were meant for individuals. Jesus did not make demands of governments.

I remember when we had a real Pope!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Where do we send them Pope-man We need your address...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8342 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How 'bout we require every migrant to be subject to a search and meet dress code requirements prior to entry as is done at the front of the queue prior to entering St. Peter's basilica. Once inside improper conduct will get a person tossed.

It's unfortunate that, in this case, the papacy is simply validating the old saying, "do as I say, not as I do."

Silent

Posts: 1024 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is a globalist and wants to see individual nations collapse.He wants to usher in the new age.

Posts: 12657 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post