SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the cheapest way to join the gated community???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the cheapest way to join the gated community??? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Granted it is pretty much a dying breed that is becoming more and more sought after again.
But what is the cheapest car one can get into these days with a gated shifter??
Not that I have any money to toss at another car let alone one with a gated shifter. I do hope to get the last remaining manual in my stable up and running again this year though that was my plan for last year but the whole Covid business taking the 6 months I had planned to work on it with the kids in school.

All these new super cars are sweet and all but all these electronic gizmos and drive modes all seem to take a bit away from the true driving experience. Maybe taken away is not the right phrasing but it sure has changed the game.

Maybe I am old fashioned or just cheap. I don’t want all this electronic assisted crap. Everyone calls the Tundra dated because it does not have all the bells and whistles. I don’t want that crap.

Sorry, kind of rambling now. I stumbled upon this high end dealership in Miami called Curated. They specialize in the early 2000s and before Super Cars.

https://wearecurated.com/curated-tv/

The Ferrari F355 has just always been my favorite Ferrari but man watching some videos the 550 Maranello and 575 wow!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought you were looking to get into an affluent neighborhood. LOL

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Yeah, me too. I was going to recommend investing in bitcoin. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
An '80s-era Ferrari, perhaps?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Happy where we are for a neighborhood. Neighbor does have a Lamborghini but it is one with the fancy automatic stuff.
No gated shifter.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
The owner of Curated has done a few interesting videos on VINwiki youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Vinw...uery=John%20Temerian

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
An '80s-era Ferrari, perhaps?

348 maybe? Neighbor at my old house had a 92 348 Spider with a gated manual & a 99 355 with the F1 gearbox.

Both are engine-out cars, though.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
The owner of Curated has done a few interesting videos on VINwiki youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Vinw...uery=John%20Temerian

Temarian is one i look forward to, the Curated stories are always interesting.
Casey Putsch is probably my favorite on there.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I know a guy that once lived in a gated community, then he got out on parole.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have a '99 355F1 and wish it was a gated transmission at times

the paddle shift is a novelty, but my car could be modified by adding a clutch pedal, a few linked shafts, and removing the reverse gear panel and replacing it with a stick and a gate panel.

my old 328 was an absolute pleasure to drive (although not very comfortable), the F1 has sort of worn off and I was actually talking with Sport Auto a few weeks ago about looking for a late model 328GTS

and yes, the 355 is an engine-out maintenance car - I am getting ready to do my third timing belt

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I know a guy that once lived in a gated community, then he got out on parole.

I was going to say rob a bank...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3456 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I can't recall when I last saw anything with a gated shifter in it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I can't recall when I last saw anything with a gated shifter in it.

Had to be Italian. Ferrari & Lamborghini are the only ones that come to mind immediately. I'd guess Murcielago or F430 are among the last ones.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
There are German and Japanese cars with gated shifters. Yes, the Italians have/had the most examples but not all.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Swordknives
posted Hide Post
A gen 1 Audi R8 had a gated shifter and those are running in $50,000-60,000 area.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Posts: 1401 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
what's a gated shifter? honestly never heard of that and I'm 60 years old.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Swordknives:
A gen 1 Audi R8 had a gated shifter and those are running in $50,000-60,000 area.

Was just about to post the same thing. Been watching used prices for quite a while now. Once the B7 RS4’s dried up here (all the used ones seem to be 100k miles now) I’ve been patting attention, saying, maybe one day!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

They force precise shifting even during aggressive working of the shift lever. Tend to be found on high-performance cars like Ferraris.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Swordknives:

Forgot about the German Gallardo.

Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

Thanks for asking, I'm 69 and never heard of that term before either.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post