SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best keychain flashlight (preferably usb rechargeable)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best keychain flashlight (preferably usb rechargeable) Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I know you said USB rechargeable, but I think the Surefire Titans (AAA battery) are absolutely the best.

I have had an original Titan for 4 years now and change the battery once a year - it's never failed me but if it did, AAA batteries are easy and cheap to find. The finish is worn from knocking into other keys / etc but it's been a beast. I've considered a Titan plus but it's just a keychain light, so 125 is enough for me but the plus is 300 lumens so there are options.

I did recently buy a Streamlight Microstream USB which is nice, but it's more for lightweight pocket carry (shorts / sweats) than keychain use.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Nebo Mycro
It’s what you are looking for.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Fenix E01 doesn't have the lumens but it's bright and runs damn near forever on a single AAA battery. Cheap too and just a little bigger than the battery. I keep the E1 on my key ring and a Fenix E12, single AA, in my front wallet pocket for daily carry.

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the nitecore tube came out I bought everyone one for Christmas. everyone loved them. I upgraded to the tip last year and it's an even better light. The tube was still working.the anodizing on the tip is wearing fast, but the lockout featureis fantastic and it gives me plenty light.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 of the Surefire Sidekicks for the last 3 years and have had no problems with either of them. They are bright at 300 lumen and easy to use and recharge. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed on the Streamlight Microstream USB. Though not technically a keychain light, it’s a tremendous value and intuitive to use. (Double tap the momentary to go from low to high, and click on at either brightness.) At around $30 for a reputable brand it’s hard to beat.

Posts: 385 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I think I’m going to pick up a Fenix E16 and a Surefire Titan Plus. Whatever she doesn’t like, I’ll use. Winner winner, chicken dinner.

I really appreciate all the replies and suggestions. I have found a few things I would like for myself along this search. Some companies I had never heard of. MecArmy is pretty cool, I like their key rings. Same with their FL02. I think it’s a fantastic design. It just doesn’t have the battery power I want for the wife.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surefire Sidekick is 300 lumens on max and about the size of a key fob for the car. USB charged. Three output levels. Push button and you choose the output level it starts on.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
I think I’m going to pick up a Fenix E16 and a Surefire Titan Plus. Whatever she doesn’t like, I’ll use. Winner winner, chicken dinner.

I really appreciate all the replies and suggestions. I have found a few things I would like for myself along this search. Some companies I had never heard of. MecArmy is pretty cool, I like their key rings. Same with their FL02. I think it’s a fantastic design. It just doesn’t have the battery power I want for the wife.

Check out the NEBO line of lights, they have some pretty good stuff. I use their Slyde Kings daily......nice flashlight and shop light all in one.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like my nitecore lights. The tini is on my keychain.

Posts: 126 | Location: Pflugerville, TX | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Nitecore Tip2 is on sale through Dec 1. With coupon code "THANKFUL", you can get the Tip2 for the price of a regular Tip - $31.46.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post