SigForum problem with link

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9650089274

August 01, 2020, 08:36 AM
Pipe Smoker
SigForum problem with link
There’s a thread here in The Lounge, currently on page 1, titled:

“Who here have AT&T or Yahoo email service?”

But when I click it, the next thread, currently “Family of Michael Brown…” opens instead.

I’m browsing with my iPhone, and have that problem with both Safari and Firefox.

Serious about crackers
August 01, 2020, 08:41 AM
OKCGene
It's working properly for me.
August 01, 2020, 08:49 AM
parabellum
Even though it's unusual to be happening with more than one browser, the first step is to perform a cache clear in both browsers, and restart your phone after doing so.
August 01, 2020, 11:51 AM
Pipe Smoker
I found the same problem with several other, but not all, threads. Tried a few things:
* Deleted the Safari SigForum tab.
* Did a power-down reset of the iPhone.
* Relaunched the SigForum tab.

The problem persisted. Then I saw Para’s advice. In Settings/Safari I cleared the SigForum cache, rather than all caches. Closed then relaunched the SigForum tab. The problem persisted.

Then in Settings/Safari, “Clear History and Website Data”. All open Safari tabs disappeared. Frown I had a lot of ’em.

The problem persisted. I’ve found a workaround though: I press and hold the thread title for a second or two. A page opens with an “Open in New Tab” option. That gets me to the thread, but it’s annoying that I have to do it.

Serious about crackers
August 02, 2020, 11:21 AM
Pipe Smoker
And now the problem has disappeared, as mysteriously as it appeared. No idea why, but I’m grateful.

Serious about crackers