SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sessions directs prosecutors to 'evaluate certain issues' involving Uranium One and Clinton, leaves door open on special counsel
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sessions directs prosecutors to 'evaluate certain issues' involving Uranium One and Clinton, leaves door open on special counsel Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
^^^^Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy....

Rudy would be up there with Holder on the 2D amendment.

He was a good Federal Prosecutor thought. I believe he worked in the US Attorney's Southern New York District, interestingly enough that's the same District James Comey worked in.

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Here's what I want for Christmas: Jeff Sessions quits, President Trump taps someone and when they start, it pretty much resembles Episode 7 of Band of Brothers when 1st Lieutenant Speirs takes over for 1st Lieutenant Dike.

Video link for visual aid: https://youtu.be/R6da9U6Xjd8?t=262

Clear, concise, direction that scorches the earth in DoJ and leaves it ready to function and free of cancer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Veeper,

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's my wish too. Sessions standing around with his thumb up his ass in the midst of Hillary's most serious breach of security in American history, not to mention Uranium One, The Clinton Foundation as pay-for-play-- well, it's mind boggling that Sessions has done absolutely NOTHING. That kind of inaction from the AG makes him complicit. I'd like to see him linked to the Clintons by chain at the ankle when they are marched off to prison. My bet is that like Comey, Sessions is dirty too.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
follow up to above post about Goodlatte's letter. this is a 2014 article about the policy change to require recordings

Only applies to custodial interrogations, which are a tiny, tiny, miniscule percentage of target interviews in the Fed world.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Get busy or shut up about it. Swamp rats.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Only applies to custodial interrogations, which are a tiny, tiny, miniscule percentage of target interviews in the Fed world.

didn't know that. but it is correct

The policy put out by Holder is here:
http://s3.documentcloud.org/do...recording-policy.pdf

However, there is a statement in the policy that says

"This policy also encourages agents and prosecutors to consider electronic recording in investigative or other circumstances where the presumption does not apply."

The points made by Paul Charlton sound valid to me.

An article on how Holder didn't go far enough is here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/h...e-rule/#4b107b047264

"FBI agents routinely conduct their interviews in pairs, with one agent asking the questions and the other taking notes which are eventually typewritten into what is known as a form 302 report. It has previously been strictly against FBI policy to electronically record any of these interviews. Without an objectively accurate, verbatim record of the interview, the witness is compelled, forced even, to follow the script of the 302 report if it is presented in a court of law. If the witness’ testimony strays from the agent’s report, she opens herself up to a felony charge, for either making “false statements” to a federal agent (at the time of the interview) or for perjuring herself on the witness stand. This is how the FBI is able to coerce witnesses (or suspects) and shape their testimony."

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Why the need for a Special Counsel?

Why doesn't he and the department that he heads just do their job and investigate and/or prosecute it?

Do not need another damned special counsel!!!!!!

We need a special PROSECUTOR!

Enough of this damned political drama, solve the damned problem, confiscate the money donated to the Klinton foundation, put them (all 3) in jail for a looooooong time.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
Judge Pirro for AG!

Whooooopie!!!!!!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I haven't read the thread. Have the naysayers and defeatists shown up yet? You know, the people who always appear in threads such as this, telling us that it's a waste of time, Clinton will never be prosecuted?

It's only a matter of time.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Anyone investigating the Clinton's is at high risk of an 'accident' or sudden overwhelming need to commit suicide. No wonder he wants a special council to lead this investigation.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ Statement by Hillary Clinton: "It is with great sorrow that I have learned of the tragic suicide of Donna Brazile tomorrow."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
This Special Counsel bullshit needs to stop and the Justice Department needs to start doing their jobs.

I would agree but I believe that they have adequately demonstrated over the last 9 years that they are totally incapable and incompetent in the performance of their jobs

ALL of them

but Sessions will likely appoint another wonderful Democrat (much like himself)

appoint me special prosecutor and I'd go after them all with so much zeal it would make their shit freeze solid

no use for democrats - any of them - the entire Obama administration should be prosecuted fr crimes against the people

and yes, I think a series of public hangings on the Washington Mall is long overdue

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have NO faith that either the DOJ or the FBI will faithfully investigate anyone that is part of the DC bubble. So yes, a special prosecutor is needed but it needs to be someone who is not a lifelong DC insider. No more Mueller's. Surely somewhere outside of DC there is a capable prosecutor who isn't tied six ways from Sunday to the establishment.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I have NO faith that either the DOJ or the FBI will faithfully investigate anyone that is part of the DC bubble. So yes, a special prosecutor is needed but it needs to be someone who is not a lifelong DC insider. No more Mueller's. Surely somewhere outside of DC there is a capable prosecutor who isn't tied six ways from Sunday to the establishment.

This is the issue exactly. The majority are swampy. Finding someone that isn't in the establishment will be a problem. Even if they hypothetically picked a country lawyer/prosecutor from Montana all anyone has to do is yell sexual predator and everyone loses their shit. It is the new kryptonite. Surely people see that this is a tactic that these people use.

I continue to hold out hope that Trump will keep firing until he finds someone willing to get the job done. I think even he may be surprised how deep the swamp is up there.

Another issue is that, at least around here, the swamp starts at PTA's, county and city governments, and state legislators. Every week someone is accused, convicted, indicted, or otherwise lambasted on the news from some shenanigans.

Eventually, it is my hope that the truth will set us free and all these jokers will be ousted, hung for treason, or sent to prison.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
prison costs money

hanging solves the problem and costs only a few dollars a drop

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.politico.com/story...nton-244885?lo=ap_b1

Attorney General Jeff Sessions threw cold water Tuesday on Republicans clamoring for the Department of Justice to appoint a special counsel to investigate former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) pressed Sessions on why it had taken the Justice Department months to hint, as it did Monday, at the prospect of considering a special counsel to probe years-old matters connected to Clinton.

Jordan said he thought evidence unearthed in the last year about how FBI decided not to charge Clinton over her handling of classified information at the State Department appeared to be enough to warrant a special counsel.

"'Looks like' is not enough basis to appoint a special counsel," Sessions responded.

Sessions promised that DOJ would conduct investigations "without political influence, and they will be done correctly and properly."

It’s not unusual for multiple independent counsels to be in operation investigating all manner of executive branch controversies.

During the Bill Clinton administration, seven special counsels were up and running under a law that has since lapsed — including the Whitewater probe and separate investigations into his agriculture, commerce, interior, labor and housing and urban development secretaries.

President Ronald Reagan faced eight different independent counsel investigations over his two terms

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Fired. Immediately. Trump is trying to drain the swamp and he is holding the valve closed. There is NO WAY that farce by Comey and the FBI can be considered an "investigation".

He is trying way to hard to protect the elites...wonder what they have on him....

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.politico.com/story...nton-244885?lo=ap_b1

Attorney General Jeff Sessions threw cold water Tuesday on Republicans clamoring for the Department of Justice to appoint a special counsel to investigate former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) pressed Sessions on why it had taken the Justice Department months to hint, as it did Monday, at the prospect of considering a special counsel to probe years-old matters connected to Clinton.

Jordan said he thought evidence unearthed in the last year about how FBI decided not to charge Clinton over her handling of classified information at the State Department appeared to be enough to warrant a special counsel.

"'Looks like' is not enough basis to appoint a special counsel," Sessions responded.

Sessions promised that DOJ would conduct investigations "without political influence, and they will be done correctly and properly."

It’s not unusual for multiple independent counsels to be in operation investigating all manner of executive branch controversies.

During the Bill Clinton administration, seven special counsels were up and running under a law that has since lapsed — including the Whitewater probe and separate investigations into his agriculture, commerce, interior, labor and housing and urban development secretaries.

President Ronald Reagan faced eight different independent counsel investigations over his two terms

That law, enacted in the wake of Watergate, expired, to the relief of many, and has not been re enacted.

The wheels of justice, unlike the hot pursuit of vigilantism, turn slowly, especially when the incidents are complex. There is no place for a rush to judgment.

We’re not talking about some third rate burglaries.

Jordan's enthusiam is gratifying but misplaced.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sounds like Sessions punted the ball yet again

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
The wheels of justice, unlike the hot pursuit of vigilantism, turn slowly, especially when the incidents are complex.

That might once have been true, JALLEN, but just look at what went on in the Obama Justice Department, and look at what has been going on with all the Russia crap for what? More than a year now? In the midst of all of this, Sessions is timid and meek and tiptoeing along. Unless he pulls out some big surprise, he has been an utter failure, IMHO.