SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does your walk behind snow blower have wings ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does your walk behind snow blower have wings ? Login/Join 
posted
check these out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqYWoNT_JB8

PH Paul ,
I found a project for you Big Grin

if you read the comments,
they are not for sale any more,

the ice we have around here now would chew those up within a couple of feet

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Would be nice to see some actual user vids including ones where you accidentally slip off the drive.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neat idea if your snowblower has the capacity to handle the increased volume. If you have to cut your forward speed in half it isn't going to save any time but would save some steps. It would depend on the quantity and heaviness of the snow.

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Those will be OK in regular snow, but would be a problem when you get to the snow at the end of the driveway piled up 3-4 feet deep from the snow plow going by.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
3-4 feet deep from the snow plow going by.

don't get me started on the a-hole basterds we have here Mad

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
For snow as light as what they show in that video I'd just use my snowplow snow pushers/shovels.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i've used my 36 inch shop broom a lot more this year ,than my shoval

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
check these out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqYWoNT_JB8

PH Paul ,
I found a project for you Big Grin

if you read the comments,
they are not for sale any more,

the ice we have around here now would chew those up within a couple of feet

Hmmmmmmm... Big Grin

Fine if you have perfectly groomed drives and sidewalks.

Humps, bumps, grass and gravel - Not so much. Don't think they'd be practical around here.

Besides, if all I have is that little dab of snow, I don't bother with it anyway.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15223 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what is a 'snow blower' ??

--------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
what is a 'snow blower' ??

That never gets old!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I don't break out the blower until there's around 8+ inches on the ground. Those wings look like they'd fold up on heavy snow.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I bet it doesn't work with wet snow.

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised I'm not wearing wings after blowing out my driveway today. Hard packed 2-3' drifts that I had to bust up with a shovel first before the blower could even take a bite out of them. There is no way those wing thingees would have worked today!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
My snow blade that I use with my CAT skid steer has a pair of something similar albeit they are heavier duty.
I don’t use them on the first pass but use them after that with the blade angled.
The ones in the video look a little light weight, particularly the support shaft...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I think they would be GREAT, in Miami Roll Eyes

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8351 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post