SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Healthy dinner, no protection needed. :+_
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Healthy dinner, no protection needed. :+_ Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted

11 pounds lost since last Monday. I already feel so much better. The change in diet and daily work outs are giving me energy I haven't had in a while.

I'm just starting on this new path but if I can do it, anyone can.

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you!!!

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
A good salad is always worth fighting for.

In a while, after the "easy" weight is lost, you may feel the difference even a couple pounds makes when climbing steps.

Good luck!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Just remember this: nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.

Keep it up!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's awesome, I wish more people would follow your lead. Stay the course.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

11 pounds lost since last Monday. I already feel so much better. The change in diet and daily work outs are giving me energy I haven't had in a while.

I'm just starting on this new path but if I can do it, anyone can.

What?? 11 pounds since last Monday? Wow! I need to do that. Very nice!

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Congrats Jeff! Are you following a set meal plan or just keeping your diet very clean by cutting out the processed carbs and other junk?

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBAR15:
Congrats Jeff! Are you following a set meal plan or just keeping your diet very clean by cutting out the processed carbs and other junk?

1200-1500 calories a day, very few carbs, lots of low starch vegetables and at least 30 minutes of daily walking, swimming and working out.

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LBAR15:

1200-1500 calories a day, very few carbs, lots of low starch vegetables and at least 30 minutes of daily walking, swimming and working out.

How have you felt dealing with hunger as the body adjusts? That was always hard for me. I am about to get going on a program to drop 25 and get ready to do some serious backpack trips in Aug/Sept, and it is not easy, I know.

I got in serious shape years ago before doing a lot of climbing, but it is much harder to get in shape in middle age.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
No problems with hunger. I am super motivated and that helps.

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
No problems with hunger. I am super motivated and that helps.

Good on you, Jeff. Motivation is super important.

I have docs in the family, and they all say that a sedentary/overweight lifestyle is almost as bad as chain-smoking.

I am also on a plan to lose a few and get back to some serious mountain exploits this summer.

Keep it up.

BTW do you sell fish supplies? I need a source for frozen Hikari bloodworms for my Discus tank.

TIA

Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Good for you! When bryan11 decided to go low-carb, I thought cooking would be more of an ordeal, but it's pretty easy to make substitutions like spiralized zucchini or konjac noodles instead of pasta, cauliflower instead of rice, and almond flour instead of wheat flour for bread and pizza crust. You won't be fooled into thinking it's the same thing, but it makes meals more interesting if you accept variations.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
Good for you! When bryan11 decided to go low-carb, I thought cooking would be more of an ordeal, but it's pretty easy to make substitutions like spiralized zucchini or konjac noodles instead of pasta, cauliflower instead of rice, and almond flour instead of wheat flour for bread and pizza crust. You won't be fooled into thinking it's the same thing, but it makes meals more interesting if you accept variations.

Thanks Bre, I'd love to get some of your recipes.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Dude! Awesome and congratulations to you.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
How have you felt dealing with hunger as the body adjusts?

Embrace the suck Big Grin

I lost 52 lbs then after bottoming out about a year ago put 45 back on. Reinstated the program, much like Jeff's. There's a pool at work worth $200 at the end of the month between 10 of us and a couple of guys are putting up some serious competition.

So Jeff, are you like me and after the first 10 it might not be a big visual difference but you feel looser in your skin Big Grin

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
I'd like to ask what's in the bowl on the right.

Tomatoes, zucchini, celery, peppers?

Am I close?

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Great job Jeff. Keep it going for the long haul.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Good for your, Jeff. Keep it up.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Wait, did you disguise the bacon to look like chicken, brocolli and tomatoes?

Posts: 4075 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
Jeff,
I'd like to ask what's in the bowl on the right.

Tomatoes, zucchini, celery, peppers?

Am I close?

I think you would be closer zucchini the zucchini and going w/ cucumber.
But at 1 o'clock it looks like a piece of cheese or tofu so I don't know whats going on there.
Looks good enough to me though, enough to maybe throw an elbow to get in on it.

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post