SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to open a .3CF Digital Floor Safe in 5 seconds - With no damage the safe - Video
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to open a .3CF Digital Floor Safe in 5 seconds - With no damage the safe - Video Login/Join 
posted
So here is how I learned about this video...My son who is in the Air Force and lives off base but in base housing is required to keep his firearms locked up. He has a full size vault but wanted a small bedside floor safe to keep his handgun in so we gave him a small .3CF Brinks floor safe that has a digital combination and a key back-up...Got a call this morning from My son to say that while deployed his batteries ran down and during the last house to house move he lost his keys...

I decided to go to you tube to see if there was a way to get this style safe open other than dropping it on its corner....

Needless to say - I was AMAZED at what the video below revealed....And it worked for my son and I tried it on my bedside unit and it also worked on mine (tried it on mine after removing my P226)..... Thought I would share the video in case this ever happens to anyone here...Stupid Simple Solution to a potential problem many might face sometime in your lifetime.....Enjoy...Mark

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fjrTTlxWTIY

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time for Brinks to redesign that lock...

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
May as well not lock it unless it's securely fastened.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Useless junk.

Combo locks with key backups are pretty pointless as well.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
This is why some safes cost $50, and some cost $5,000.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
I always assumed hotel maids knew tricks like those described in the video, which is why I usually carry a small lockbox that goes into the safe with my valuables inside.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:
I always assumed hotel maids knew tricks like those described in the video, which is why I usually carry a small lockbox that goes into the safe with my valuables inside.

Couldn't they just walk away with the small lockbox?

Maybe a lockbox that chains up to a radiator in the room or something would make more sense.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Locks keep honest people out.

I worry far more about irresponsible access then access for the purpose of theft. (Kids, drunk party goers, Democrats....irresponsible folks. Smile).

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
What was that kid in the video, eleven? twelve?

None of those “safes” under $1K take more than a few seconds to a minute to break into. The GunVaults can be broken into with a good grip and a paper clip.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
The GunVaults can be broken into with a good grip and a paper clip.

Or a flat-bladed screwdriver and 10 seconds.

A buddy had a Gunvault Nanovault whose lock failed, with his duty gun locked inside. You couldn't insert the key all the way.

I stuck a screwdriver into the seam between the two halves next to the lock, twisted the tip to make a gap wide enough to force the screwdriver further inside, then applied a few pounds of downward leverage on the handle of the screwdriver.

There was a pop, the lock mechanism fell apart into various pieces, and the Nanovault swung open.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
The GunVaults can be broken into with a good grip and a paper clip.

Or a flat-bladed screwdriver and 10 seconds.

A buddy had a Gunvault Nanovault whose lock failed, with his duty gun locked inside. You couldn't insert the key all the way.

I stuck a screwdriver into the seam between the two halves, twisted the tip to make a gap wide enough to force the screwdriver further inside, then applied a few pounds of downward leverage on the handle of the screwdriver.

There was a pop, the lock mechanism self-disassembled into various pieces, and the Nanovault swung open.

I broke one of those open the exact same way. I was mortified at just how easy it was to defeat.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Brinkman firesafe I have, you can stick a screwdriver in the slot and turn the lock as if it were the key.....

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Woowwwww.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
What if you had a 320 in there?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16349 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
What about those small gun boxes with the simplex locks?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
There was a $30 little Sentry-brand document safe at work that didn't have a key with it. They brought it to me yesterday to see if I could see if the key was inside. I grabbed a paper clip and picked the lock in about 90 seconds.

I feel like so many little safes like this are purely cosmetic, giving a total false sense of security.

Even the "better" ones can usually be pried open pretty quickly.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, once again marketing has presented the illusion of safety. Then reality appears.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post