SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Robbery in an elevator
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robbery in an elevator Login/Join 
posted

The robbery occurred about 2 p.m. As the elevator traveled up, Dooley engaged in conversation with the victim's wife, according to the NOPD. When the elevator stopped and the doors opened, the victim's wife exited the elevator.

Dooley then stopped in the doorway as Davis pushed and pinned the victim against the elevator wall. After the doors closed with Davis, Dooley, the toddler and the victim still inside, Davis reached into the victim's pocket and stole his wallet, police said.

After the robbery, the elevator doors open and the victim is seen exiting. He then told hotel security that he had been robbed, police said.

Davis' criminal history in Orleans Parish reaches back to at least 1991 and includes convictions for simple robbery and theft, including a 2007 theft case in which Dooley was also convicted.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
An elevator is a shitty place to have to defend yourself, especially from someone bigger/stronger or with the element of surprise.

Little time to draw, hardly nowhere to go, hard surfaces everywhere.

Nothing good about it.

I wonder how many would be quick enough and otherwise able to draw and shoot and otherwise effectively defend themselves in such close quarters against a planned attack.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I don't think I could shoot a pickpocket holding a child in his arms. I'm weak that way. Wink

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You gotta admit it is good cover. Most guys are wise to the other distractions of a low cut dress and the "accidental bump".

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least they have him on video, and he should be spending sometime in the Graybar Hotel. Elder abuse among other crimes.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I hope he gets his sooner than later.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I don't think I could shoot a pickpocket holding a child in his arms. I'm weak that way. Wink

Luv to make it an orphan!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
An elevator is a shitty place to have to defend yourself, especially from someone bigger/stronger or with the element of surprise.

Little time to draw, hardly nowhere to go, hard surfaces everywhere.

Nothing good about it.

I wonder how many would be quick enough and otherwise able to draw and shoot and otherwise effectively defend themselves in such close quarters against a planned attack.

John McClane handled it alright.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Nobody gets that close to me, period. Carrying a kid, having a seizure, whatever. "Get off of me" followed by a shove if they take more than a millisecond to comply.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Guy had to have known something wasn't right. Very poor situational awareness. Why let the elevator doors close with your wife/GF on the other side.

The kid is a great cover. There is no way I could do something that might hurt a kid. Those two parents should be locked up and throw away the key.

The guy needed to get out before the doors closed and not let them close with the wife/GF on the other side.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16398 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yet another NOLA / French Quarter fun story.
Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post