SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Homeowner's son shoots, kills three would-be burglars
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Homeowner's son shoots, kills three would-be burglars Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Damn tweakers! Wink

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Oops, sorry! Short term memory is shot.

Yep, I did the same thing. I hosted the same image and posted it here this morning (after scanning the previous pages for the image). Guess SF didn't load fast enough when I went thru page two.

So, I'm reading the news, and online, ABC is making it sound like the shooter did something wrong. What the heck? Ninja-clad individuals break into your house, you're supposed to allow them to overpower you?

First the headline, "Arrest made in Oklahoma home invasion shooting that killed 3", makes it sound like there are victims.

And the first paragraph "A woman believed to have driven three burglars ... has been arrested ... but the homeowner's son who shot them has not been arrested Roll Eyes

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireS...ting-killed-46424682

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
What the heck?

It’s part of the antigun and anti-self-defense agenda that the left (and others) have promoted for at least the 50+ years of my adulthood. Not to sound critical, but if you haven’t noticed it before, you’ve been lucky to save yourself some aggravation. But now that you have, don’t expect it to stop. Ever.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of siggers
posted Hide Post
Looks like the getaway driver knows the son.

http://m.tulsaworld.com/news/c...89130e.html?mode=jqm

---------------------------------------------------

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless"

Posts: 690 | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
<popcorn>

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like the getaway driver knows the son

The plot thickens. Time for speculation begins. Picking that house was probably not random. For those more suspicious members what are the possibilities? She cleaned their house at some time and saw valuable items? Time will tell. Maybe she just set up those guys{seems unlikely given her background}. Who knows?

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but the driver not only was somehow acquainted with the shooter but drove the burglars to the home for the crime at least twice that day.

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
They had a knife and two sets of "knuckle dusters." Those are not typical robbery weapons. Looks to me like they wanted to beat somebody up. Then they got an AR surprise.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of siggers
posted Hide Post
Here is the video from the local news that shows the three kids that were shot by the homeowners son.

http://m.newson6.com/story.asp...5016222&catId=112042

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless"

Posts: 690 | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Max Cook, Jacob Redfearn and Jaykob Woodruff

Currently room temperature at the county morgue or ye olde funeral home.

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Max Cook, Jacob Redfearn and Jaykob Woodruff

Yup:

http://heavy.com/news/2017/03/...led-photos-facebook/

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Elizabeth is in deep kimchee. If she ever gets out of prison, she should really consider a different line of work. Her robbery planning skills leave a lot to be desired.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

Deputies say two of the suspects were 17 and the other was 18. They say one had a knife...

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Aided by the planning of criminal mastermind Elizabeth Rodriguez, Max Redruff has changed the trajectory of their lives forever.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Sounds like Elizabeth is in deep kimchee.

Deep.......

As opposed to her cohorts who are probably beginning to SMELL like Kimchi now.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to think that there's more to this story.

I'm not suggesting the home-defender was wrong - I'm suggesting that the planner/get-away driver knew that he'd be inside. She knew the home-defender. She'd driven to the house once already that day. Why? Was it to make sure nobody was home, or to ensure that somebody *was* home?

The home-defender said some words were exchanged. Were the words something to the effect that the invaders were kicking his ass for something?

My initial assumption was burglary interrupted, but now I wonder - Was this supposed to be some kind of attack or beat-down? Was the person the target, rather than the house?

Edited to add: Jeez, *I* have to work on *my* reading comprehension, too. JustJoe already suggested the same thing.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Puts-on-foil-hat-time.

Howsabout four POS, possibly already responsible for a string of burglaries in the local area, break in to that VERY nice and prosperous-looking home with the aim of beating and stabbing the almighty shite out of anybody who gets in their way, but getting multiple body-piercing instead after a confrontation that may have involved the words, lie down on the floor with your hands in the air, and lacking compliance, faced the consequences.

I don't see anything plot-like or sinister in this scenario.

It's a semi-rural location, the female probably knew the names of the shooter's family - even their pet chicken - who knows?

tac

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Interestingly, I think a large amount of the "trauma" is programmed by what society, TV, movies, etc have "taught" us about how we're supposed to feel.

I also find it interesting that all the concealed carry organizations, internet pundits, gun writers, etc tell you that if you use deadly force, you going to get arrested, blah, blah, blah....but yet, each time there is a good shoot in a free state, nothing happens. All of their scare tactics to sell memberships, sell magazines, mean absolutely nothing. But, the "UR gonna go to jail" boogeyman keeps being repeated.

I do understand where you are coming from with reference to the concealed carry enthusiasts claiming you are going to jail. However each and every lawyer with whom I have talked prefer that the shooter say nothing until he is legally represented. Following that each peace officer with whom I have had a conversation about this subject have stated that if the shooter refuses to make any statement the shooter is going downtown (arrest?).

I do not wish to provoke an argument, but in your experience do you think that if a shooter follows an attorneys initial advice and says nothing, the police will not arrest?

LOL, because internet. So, I posted this in this thread, then another thread about potential liability pops up.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...230038124#6230038124

And within a couple of posts, as normal, someone posts that "You're going to have to spend 50k-100k in legal fees, and that is IF IT IS A GOOD SHOOT". LOL. Predictable.

These statements just aren't grounded in reality. But they are spread across the internet in this day and age as fact. Fact of the matter is that if you are justified in using deadly force in a free state, you won't be arrested, charged etc.

A couple things come into play. For profit organizations, like the USCCA bomb my email, and FB feed constantly with stuff on how I need their services. Because if I have to defend my family, I will wind up getting arrested that day, and will have eleventy billion dollars in legal fees. (spend money with the USCCA now). /cue up ominous music/ "I was just driving down the road, on the way to church (spend money now). And these guys pull up next to me (spend money now). And they cuss at me. (spend money now). And I say "Whus up". (spend money now). So, they follow me up the road. (spend money now) And I get scared and I call the cops (spend money now). And the cops says Do you have a gun? (spend money now). And then he throws me to the ground, and I get arrested even though I didn' do nuffin. (spend money now with the USCCA).

People believe this type stuff. I know of a guy that said the same type of stuff. He was just defending himself against a crazed mad man in a truck. So he shot the driver. Problem was that the driver was backing away from him on surveillance video when he was shot, not coming toward him. But, his story on the internet doesn't say that. And it wasn't until he was convicted in court that it came out that he killed a man backing away from him. But, on the internet, people want to be sympathetic towards people that claim that they "didn' do nuffin'" as being fact.

Fact is, if you use justified deadly force, you won't get in these jackpots. We've had four in six months. Not a single charge. Not one.

But, there is money to be made by some gun writers, concealed carry organizations, and the like spreading fear.

Fear does sell.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
What’s that fresh breeze blowing through this thread?

Oh, it’s a post by jljones. Thanks, jljones, for blowing some of the stinky fog away; I can go back to enjoying the view. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
Edited to add: Jeez, *I* have to work on *my* reading comprehension, too. JustJoe already suggested the same thing.
OK, has this thread run its course? When we start getting into the sinister "something more to this story" crap, I'm ready to lock it.

If you guys want to write fiction, have at it, but keep it out of this thread, please.

Some of you guys take the scantest of information and construct an entire world of what-ifs around is. In my experience in moderating boards like this, such suppositions are almost always wrong.

Let's let the facts speak for themselves, please.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post