SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Homeowner's son shoots, kills three would-be burglars
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Homeowner's son shoots, kills three would-be burglars Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Bye scumbags... Hope it's toasty where your going.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Good thing he wasn't limited to a 10-round mag.

Nice shooting, kid! I'd be a little creeped out living there any longer, though.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I love happy endings.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's so sad,...................for the homeowner, having to clean up the mess.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
It's so sad,...................for the homeowner, having to clean up the mess.

I think that a post-felony cleanup is a covered expense for most any homeowner's insurance policy.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
I'd like to make a "Dinner Reservation" for 3...

Good to see you John...
Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Goes to show the effective stopping power of a rifle ... all 3 DRT

Homeowner and Son clean their rifle.

I read something someone pretty wise say; "Our rifles are lubed, sighted in, and we know how to launch with great rapidity the thousands upon thousands of rounds of stockpiled ammunition most of us possess."

Yep. Kid cleans his rifle and makes his bed every morning.

quote:
"A neighbor down the road said the gunshots sounded like a storm."

Bring the storm.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that a post-felony cleanup is a covered expense for most any homeowner's insurance policy.

Is the above sarcasm? Just curious. Crime scene cleanup is expensive. I know that companies charge a good bit to clean up motel rooms after a gunfight. The body is taken away but the motel maid is not gonna finish the job. I knew a guy who had steady work cleaning up crime scenes.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
This is the kind of story that should be smack-dab right at the top of the news. You could even consider it a PSA: "People are waiting for you to try this shit in their homes, you low-life thieves!"

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I bet all 4 of them were thinking "piece of cake" and never anticipated what happened to them.

I wonder what the parents of the bad guys will have to say.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Is the above sarcasm? Just curious. Crime scene cleanup is expensive. I know that companies charge a good bit to clean up motel rooms after a gunfight. The body is taken away but the motel maid is not gonna finish the job. I knew a guy who had steady work cleaning up crime scenes.

yes, insurance will cover the cost of the needed bio-remediation. Had a guy that was killed in one of my rentals by his girlfriend, with a hammer. Made one hell of a mess and insurance covered it all except the deductible.

Posts: 868 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Good job young man!

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
quote:
Three would-be robbers were shot and killed Monday when an Oklahoma homeowner's son opened fire on them with an AR-15, authorities said.

WOW Eek That is an eye-popping sentence. I did not expect to come across the word "AR-15". Kinda crept up on me by surprise.

Kudos to the kid for a fast judgement call. That is something you plan for, I'm thinking. The residents were lucky to be so armed.

Yes they were. Unfortunately the son is probably going to have some emotional issues from the entire episode for a long time.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He's in his twenties.

No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
.....Mahoney said the suspects encountered the homeowner's 19-year-old son, who opened fire after an exchange of words. Two of the suspects died in the home's kitchen while a third was found in the driveway...

(bolding mine)

Seems exchange of words was Plan A, which didn't work. The perps opted for Plan B.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Wave bye bye, princess

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
I love happy endings.

Indeed.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
Sucks to be her.....lotsa prison luvin on the way.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What a pity to lose such productive members of society. It would be different if she and her room temperature compadres were trash, but hey, they's good people.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023