SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jimmy John's employee robbed at gun point (video) - is slide locked open?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jimmy John's employee robbed at gun point (video) - is slide locked open? Login/Join 
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted
Out of curiosity, can anyone identify the gun the robber is waving around? And did the slide lock back or jam? He pulls the gun around the 30 second mark.

Apparently the suspect has been arrested .

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br6STTYAPDs

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Indeed it is. Failure to chamber. I noticed it right away when somebody posted this on Facebook earlier.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
A nice demonstration of what can happen when the slide isn’t operated vigorously enough and a failure to chamber results. Thanks.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Stupid fuck stick.

Nothing like being familiar with the weapon you just stole and are using to hold up a Subway.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Required viewing for anyone thinking about carrying w/ an empty chamber.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I wish that sandwich maker knew about guns and saw it was no where near in battery and wacked him upside the head with a very heavy object.

I wanted to reach into my phone a do it myself every time he put the gun in his face.

Good thing the dumbass took the time to chat before the robbery so there's a good chance cashier can recognize him in a line up and there are multiple pics of all angles of perp's face.

Catch him and throw the book at him please.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Required viewing for anyone thinking about carrying w/ an empty chamber.

Agree....agree...a thousand times agree.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
That employee acted like getting a gun pointed at his face is a daily occurrence.

He was as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I wish that sandwich maker knew about guns and saw it was no where near in battery and wacked him upside the head with a very heavy object.

I wanted to reach into my phone a do it myself every time he put the gun in his face.

Good thing the dumbass took the time to chat before the robbery so there's a good chance cashier can recognize him in a line up and there are multiple pics of all angles of perp's face.

It wouldn't take much for the gun to chamber either, so if you are going to go hands on (with a counter between you and him), it had better be decisive...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

It wouldn't take much for the gun to chamber either, so if you are going to go hands on (with a counter between you and him), it had better be decisive...

And the guy was twice his size, so if he doesn't knock him out or his coworker doesn't help he's screwed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
IMO he handled this about as well as anyone could. Hand this POS the cash and send him on his way with his broke ass gun.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
That employee acted like getting a gun pointed at his face is a daily occurrence.

I thought the same thing. They probably get robbed a couple times a night....

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Glad they caught the scumbag. Plenty of quality footage to help identify him. Hope it was worth the few hundred bucks, or so. Fool.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
quote:

He even takes the time to remove his gloves like he is more annoyed than anything.

"Here, take the whole fucking drawer while yer at it....oh, you don't want the $1's"?

"Goddammit, I have to close tonight AND talk to the cops? Shit!"

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Stupid fuck stick.

Nothing like being familiar with the weapon you just stole and are using to hold up a Subway.

Jimmie Johns...which sucks nearly as bad as Subway.

They actually opened up one near where I work, 15 miles from Philly...AKA The Hoagie Center of the Universe. A total affront.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
would anything be better ?
if you to notice the guys slide locked back , and then you pull out your 10mm and put three in his face.

How cool would that! look on your resume ?

As night shift manager at J.J. I deterred a robbery attempt.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:
quote:

He even takes the time to remove his gloves like he is more annoyed than anything.

"Here, take the whole fucking drawer while yer at it....oh, you don't want the $1's"?

"Goddammit, I have to close tonight AND talk to the cops? Shit!"

I like the paper towel being tossed into the can at 1:16 like awww fuck it.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
would anything be better ?
if you to notice the guys slide locked back , and then you pull out your 10mm and put three in his face.

How cool would that! look on your resume ?

As night shift manager at J.J. I deterred a robbery attempt.

That's #10 on the menu:
Three hand selected 200 grainers garnished w/ expanding jacketed hollow points, spread lovingly from face to torso. Now delivered at 1200 fps.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I just saw this and was going to post it. But obviously someone beat me to it.

I'm watching the video and going "wait, that gun's out of battery!" Watching it again, I think the perp realized that, but played it as cool as possible, hoping the clerk wouldn't figure it out.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised the perp didn't wait for his sandwich to be made.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post