SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got hail?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Got hail? Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Wow, hope it only hit dirt.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I will, in about an hour or two.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Wow, hope it only hit dirt.

That one did. Plenty hit the car, thankfully most of them dime to quarter size but a few big daddys in there. Guess we'll find out in the morning. Kinda hopin maybe ill get a new roof, lol.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Crazy. On business in MN, pretty strong hail and a couple of twisters flew through here.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
We got some on backorder. Should be here any minute now.

It's just barely March, and I'm already getting storm fatigue. Seems like severe TS warning or Tornado watch every week. Luckily it only lasts from late February to late June. 1/3 of the year in an absolute 'anybody's guess' weather condidtion . . . so I guess that's not so bad. Big Grin

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We've got a garage and sheds and I never leave anything out in case of hail. It bums me out to think of these large car lots with 300 new vehicles out in all kinds of weather or people who own expensive vehicles and have no place to park them where they are protected.

Posts: 1496 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Report This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
We got some, pea-sized at best. But it came down plentiful. Eastern Iowa evidently had some tornadoes.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gene Hillman:
We've got a garage and sheds and I never leave anything out in case of hail. It bums me out to think of these large car lots with 300 new vehicles out in all kinds of weather or people who own expensive vehicles and have no place to park them where they are protected.

Back in Apri 1998 we had a terrible hailstorm come through my town. It's path was right down the main drag where most of the new car dealerships are located. Every new & used Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Jeep, Toyota, Buick, GMC, Honda, Acura, and Nissan that were outside were a total loss. The Ford, Lincoln & Mercury dealership and BMW were just far enough away to be out of the central hail core but still sustained damages. It dropped baseball sized hail over a wide area and some areas got softball & grapefruit sized hailstones! Homes that had vinyl siding looked like they had been riddled by gun fire from large caliber automatic weapons. Altogether the property damages came to over half of a BILLION dollars. Part of the reason for the high losses was that immediately after the hail we got 5 inches of rain in 2 hours. So whatever holes that the hail made, served as funnels for the rainwater to flood in. I never want to see hail like that again!

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:

...Eastern Iowa evidently had some tornadoes.

Apparently some touched down just north of Davenport, no details yet. My neighborhood got lots of wind and rain.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Wow, that could kill you! Wear a hard-hat!

I remember that size of hail visiting Denver in the 80s and my friend's family had their cars totaled.