SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SF brothers and sisters, which states would you consider commie states regarding the 2nd Amendment?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SF brothers and sisters, which states would you consider commie states regarding the 2nd Amendment? Login/Join 
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Being a now free refugee from New York, they have to pretty much tie for worst with California. In New York you can not own an AR type rifle except a featureless or top loader, and those that complied and registered full featured guns can't even will them to anyone in the state. Upon death of the owner the only options are destruction or sale outside the state. They were allowed to be registered initially but that window is now shut. Active military relocating to New York? No exemption on law for privately owned and no window to lawfully register them anymore.
Simple possession of a pistol requires a permit which can take over a year to obtain and since the passing o the 2012 safe act is now subject to an every five year "recertification" ( renewal by another name) fail to decertify on time revoked your permit and the police show up and confiscate all guns both handguns and long guns with no process in place to get them back. 10 round mag limit and once they finalize the details a required background check system for buying ammo.
A non pistol permit holder can not in many cases even purchase pistol caliber ammo.
Handling of a pistol by a non permit holder is illegal. In many counties you are required to attend a handgun safety course and provide proof to obtain a pistol permit but the way the law is written you are not allowed to handle a pistol at the safety course!
If you arrive in the state and wish to obtain a permit, you are required to have three references which at least have to reside in the same county and in some jurisdictions must live in the same town! Don't know anyone? Out of luck. Some counties even have a six month minimum residency before you can even apply!
I could go on but having lived it New York is definitely in the number one spot, with California close behind

Yes NY is pretty bad. It is the only state I have experience with. I got my pistol permit pretty easily and in 4 months. Our County Sheriff is pro gun and all of the officers in the pistol licensing division are excellent to deal with. The Safe Act was a travesty. Luckily for the rest of the country, banning AR's will probably preclude Cuomo from ever becoming POTUS. I refused to register my AR's with the state, got rid of them, and purchased a NY compliant Sig m400. I do think Illinois and NJ are much worse however. If I travel through NJ I have to make sure to leave the hp's at home and load fmj's. Ridiculous.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post