SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SF brothers and sisters, which states would you consider commie states regarding the 2nd Amendment?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SF brothers and sisters, which states would you consider commie states regarding the 2nd Amendment? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
I'm doing a project. Just need to know which ones you would consider commie states, when it comes restrictions of the RKBA.

To me, the most obvious ones are:

1- CA
2- CT
3- DC (I know, not a state)
4- HI
5- MA
6- MD
7- NJ
8- NY

Would you consider CO, IL, and WA commie states? If so, why? Thanks.

ETA: Ok, I've decided to ad IL to the commie list.
CO and WA might be heading that way, but they're not full retard, yet, so I'm leaving them out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26323 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Illinois is a borderline state. You have Chicago, Cook County and the rest of the state. Used to live there. FOID card required to buy ammunition, often a problem getting ammo in the mail and also magazine capacity restrictions. Most of the state outside of Chicago metro is pretty gun friendly, although I believe they were about the last to pass CCW laws. JMHO

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I know our new fellow Texan Empire State just moved out of Hellinois recently. I believe IL passed CCW 2 or 3 years ago.

Q

Posts: 26323 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
What's RKBA ?

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3472 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Right to Keep and Bear Arms

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
What's RKBA ?

Right to keep and bear arms.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think your list is pretty spot on.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In CA, with regards to CCL, it's the county sheriff that regulates who is Shall Issues vs May Issue. Predictably, the major metro areas are highly restrictive, whereas you go to Kern, Fresno, Madera or, San Bernadino county's and it's very liberal Shall Issuance.

Posts: 14632 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
In CA, it's the county sheriff that regulates who is Shall Issues vs May Issue. Predictably, the major metro areas are highly restrictive, whereas you go to Kern, Fresno or, San Bernadino and it's wide open issuance.

Overall, regarding the 2A, not just issuing a carry permit. So, there is no way anyone would mistake CA for a free state. Wink

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
In CA, it's the county sheriff that regulates who is Shall Issues vs May Issue. Predictably, the major metro areas are highly restrictive, whereas you go to Kern, Fresno or, San Bernadino and it's wide open issuance.

Overall, regarding the 2A, not just issuing a carry permit. So, there is no way anyone would mistake CA for a free state. Wink

There's no mistaking the regulations we're burdened with. Thankfully we're not to Hawaii level of restrictions.

Posts: 14632 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Hi Q,

In MY opinion, MA isn't all that bad, with some reservations.

Sure, MA has its issues, but:

Concealed carry is the way of the game

You can bring in pretty much whatever you own except post 10/1994 full cap mags if you move into state

You can rebuild damaged mags with new parts as long as you have one of the original parts- i.e. as little as the baseplate or follower

If you do move in, anything you bring in can be transerred privately to another license holder

The modern sporting rifle/ AR issue is not dead- yet

You can get a full-auto license if your CLEO signs off

There is a long wait to get your license, because of huge demand

and more. More towns are coming aboard as "green" towns, meaning it is very easy to get your CC permit (LTC).

You can read a lot more at northeastshooters.com in the forums, or through www.goal.org

Www.Comm2a.org is doing an excellent job in the courts.

Is our 2nd Amendment right being infringed? Yes. Is it as bleak as it was in 2015? Aside from the AR ban, it is less bleak.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely add IL to that list.

Last state to allow the right to carry (with permit).
Requiring a FOID card to buy guns/ammo and to own them.
I believe they require a FOID card to even handle a firearm in a store (for in-state residents).
Charging double the fees for a out of state carry permit.
24hr wait to pick up your firearm purchases.

Rotten to the core!

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aloha,

I will rank Hawaii high on the list.

So far Hawaii has not enacted legislation to our right ban guns,

Hawaii has passed many laws against gun owners which(in many people's opinion)

violate the Constitution.

Latest proposed is the police can say you're a danger and then they can come and take ALL of your guns.

NO Due Process.

And people ask us Why we're moving to Texas.

Posts: 1200 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's no mistaking the regulations we're burdened with. Thankfully we're not to Hawaii level of restrictions.

In some ways, Hawaii is better for gun owners than CA. Hawaii requires permits to purchase firearms, and there is virtually no concealed carry, but they do not have the CA handgun roster. They can possess ARs and AKs with 30 rd mags. Their semi-auto rifles with features do not go into a special "assault weapons" database.

And like Yogi Bear, we're headed for TX also Wink

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16662 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Connecticut has one of the worst weapons bans in the country, but it is fairly easy to get a Pistol Permit.
Overall, I would definitely consider it a Commie State, and Komrade Governor Malloy wants to push it further into the abyss.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16508 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I think CO and NM are transitioning.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29681 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Denver, Boulder and probably Aurora are pretty fucking commie. Other than that Colorado is solid.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MooneyP226:
Hi Q,

In MY opinion, MA isn't all that bad, with some reservations.

Sure, MA has its issues, but:

Concealed carry is the way of the game

You can bring in pretty much whatever you own except post 10/1994 full cap mags if you move into state

You can rebuild damaged mags with new parts as long as you have one of the original parts- i.e. as little as the baseplate or follower

If you do move in, anything you bring in can be transerred privately to another license holder

The modern sporting rifle/ AR issue is not dead- yet

You can get a full-auto license if your CLEO signs off

There is a long wait to get your license, because of huge demand

and more. More towns are coming aboard as "green" towns, meaning it is very easy to get your CC permit (LTC).

You can read a lot more at northeastshooters.com in the forums, or through www.goal.org

Www.Comm2a.org is doing an excellent job in the courts.

Is our 2nd Amendment right being infringed? Yes. Is it as bleak as it was in 2015? Aside from the AR ban, it is less bleak.

So, if you had newer 226 mags and were "rebuilt" using old base plates, you are ok?

What about moving in with an AR?

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Illinois definitely belongs on the list. In addition to reasons previously stated, to the best of my knowledge they are the only state which does not have reciprocity with any other state.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
NJ has got to be number one on that list. At lease CA doesn't throw you in jail if you have a pistol in a locked trunk.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8212 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post