SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shocking video shows attempted hit on son of Bonanno crime family associate
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shocking video shows attempted hit on son of Bonanno crime family associate Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Big Joe Bonanno lived(and died) right here in my home town......about 5-6 miles from my home. One of his sons lived here also, at least for a while. We never heard much about them.....pretty quiet!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
I must of missed the part where it identified the victim as being part of the mob. If he is it is one of the hazards of the job and I have no sympathy but, all I see in the article (and we all seem to agree that the media usually gets it wrong) is someone being shot that happens to have a, allegedly, connected father. Doesn’t seem to warrant the comments of some of the members here.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Garret Blaine:
ll I see in the article (and we all seem to agree that the media usually gets it wrong) is someone being shot that happens to have a, allegedly, connected father.

I didn't really read the article, but seeing the quality of the guy sent, one wonders how connected the intended victim could be.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
Originally posted by Garret Blaine:
ll I see in the article (and we all seem to agree that the media usually gets it wrong) is someone being shot that happens to have a, allegedly, connected father.

I didn't really read the article, but seeing the quality of the guy sent, one wonders how connected the intended victim could be.

A man is judged by the strength of his enemies.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4875 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
What caliber? Big Grin

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Looks like the BG ran the gun to slide-lock while the 'victim' was rolling away.

At very least you have to give the 'victim' credit for his commitment to movement. He never quit trying to get away and it paid off.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Should I be surprised that he wasn't carrying and returning fire?

(I'm not up on NY mobsters and their real life habits, but would assume that they would either carry or have security)

This botched hit, in turn, follows an earlier attempt on the elder Zottola. The father did return fire, only to have the Bronx DA saddle him with 3 felonies coupled with a misdemeanor charge.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny....dcwRxQLPjNmBTP/Wsg==

The son is refusing to cooperate with the NYPD in the investigation of the attempt on his life. The NYPD and the FBI are of the belief that the younger Zottola knows and has recognized his attacker.

This later attempt seems to be a message trained for the victim's father more so than one directed at the son.
The son may not have fallen into mob ranks as a byproduct of his father's influence, and he has no criminal record. Nevertheless, a friend of law enforcement the son is definitely not.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/11/...-fbi-after-shooting/

Posts: 387 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
So... Stop, Drop & Roll is not a good tactical retreat tactic.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
He's soccer fan! Big Grin

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
I don’t understand going after the gunman who was doing society a favor.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Big Joe Bonanno lived(and died) right here in my home town......about 5-6 miles from my home. One of his sons lived here also, at least for a while. We never heard much about them.....pretty quiet!!

I used to see him at the Walgreen's that was at the corner of Grant and Country Club (I moved away in 1984). He was always alone, drove a silver Caddy, would see him at the copy machine lol.

It was the FBI replacing Joe's trash with their own that the Supreme Court ruled in essence once you put something in the trash it wasn't considered private property any longer. That's how they were able to prosecute him from the materials they found.

I remember when his wife Fay passed away in 1980. The news folks and le (fed and local) were lined up next to each other outside the cememtery taking pics/video to see who showed up.

Yeah, the sons weren't nearly as "organized" as dad though they tried. Also Peter Licavoli lived in the Tucson area as well, he had a son too if I remember correctly.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Let it roll down the highway
Roll
Let it roll
Let it roll
Let it roll
Let it roll
Roll, roll, roll
Down the highway
Roll, roll, roll
Roll, roll, roll

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doc45:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GT-40DOC:

Also Peter Licavoli lived in the Tucson area as well, he had a son too if I remember correctly.

Yes, they owned and lived at Grace Ranch....a dude ranch. They had an art gallery there that seems to have had some stolen art in it.....who would have ever thought that could happen??? A dear friend rented one of the casitias there and saw the Licavolis often, along with a few other "easterners".

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Eh... not mob related, just another day in the bronx.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Guy obviously needs more practice from the 7 yard line.

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Maybe too many buffers these days for effective reliable button pushing.

Hey...yous tink yous a wise guy or sumptin'??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post