SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shocking video shows attempted hit on son of Bonanno crime family associate
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shocking video shows attempted hit on son of Bonanno crime family associate Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Cops are hunting a gunman seen shooting an alleged New York mobster Wednesday in shocking video of an attempted daytime hit.

Officials released the video, which captured the horrifying attack on the son of a reputed Bonanno crime family associate, sources told The New York Post.

[see link]

Salvatore Zottola, 41, was taken to Jacobi Medical Center in critical condition, but survived the assault.

The gunman opened fire on Zottola from the passenger seat of a dark-colored Nissan sedan, then chased Zottola and shot him three more times at close range before fleeing.

The incident occurred in the Bronx on Tierney Place, near Longstreet Avenue.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing the gunman is already dead or in hiding by now.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Should I be surprised that he wasn't carrying and returning fire?

(I'm not up on NY mobsters and their real life habits, but would assume that they would either carry or have security)

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Trash taking out other trash. What's not to like?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Should I be surprised that he wasn't carrying and returning fire?

(I'm not up on NY mobsters and their real life habits, but would assume that they would either carry or have security)

I have read that made guys don’t carry. It’s illegal.

Why give the cops an easy beef?

They are men of respect. Nobody would threaten them unless the boss said it was ok.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Tsk. The old school mob has lost their touch. Point blank and he's STILL alive. Such incompetence. An acolyte-in-training for MS-13 would've machete'd the bastard once he was rolling on the ground, then taken his head and left it on the top of his SUV for all to see and understand the point of it all. Then again the nine-year old trainee might not be tall enough to reach the roof of the SUV, but they would be savvy and climb on the hood, because that's what kids do on other peoples' cars.

Jus' sayin'...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Rookie

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Tsk. The old school mob has lost their touch. Point blank and he's STILL alive. Such incompetence. An acolyte-in-training for MS-13 would've machete'd the bastard once he was rolling on the ground, then taken his head and left it on the top of his SUV for all to see and understand the point of it all. Then again the nine-year old trainee might not be tall enough to reach the roof of the SUV, but they would be savvy and climb on the hood, because that's what kids do on other peoples' cars.

Jus' sayin'...

Maybe too many buffers these days for effective reliable button pushing.

posted Hide Post
Is the young mob boss driving a Chrysler Pacifica? Rollin' in a minivan?

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Probably just the frame rate however I didnt see a flash from the muzzle when it is fired, only notice the slide move when it locks back so it has to be firing.

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:

Those were some shitty-ass rims, I gotta say.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
He had an interesting defense tactic. It would be useful if he were on fire too.

I felt a small sense of nostalgia seeing that the Bonanno crime family was still shooting it out in the streets.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
He had an interesting defense tactic. It would be useful if he were on fire too.

It actually seemed pretty effective - not initially falling on his ass would have been more effective, but I thought he made some pretty damn quick lemonade from those lemons when he found himself on the ground. Most people would have just laid there or tried to crab walk/crawl backwards in that situation. He rolled into cover, got on his feet and then tried to run when the assassin pursued. And obviously it was ok enough that he's still breathing.

Shawn

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of another botched hit from long ago. Vito Genovese wanted to take out Frank Costello, but the hitman botched the job, wounding but not killing him.

The hitman would go on to be one of the biggest mob bosses, Vincent "Vinny the chin" Giganti.

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

Jus' sayin'...

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I'm curious as to whether or not this is a traditional old school mob beef, or if it is a modern gang trying to take over.

I'm also curious about whether or not the failed hitman is still breathing, encased in concrete, or sleeping with the fishes...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

Those were some shitty-ass rims, I gotta say.

Wink

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don’t think this guy is a “mob boss.”

The story characterizes him as “the son of a reputed Bonanno crime family associate, sources told The New York Post.”

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uIKZBRGSii0

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
worst. hitman. ever.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Trash taking out other trash. What's not to like?

As long as no innocent bystanders are hit, AFAIC it was a public service.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post