SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tommy Robinson Jailed in the UK.He was reporting on a Muslim pedophile ring. Gag order issued on his arrest and imprisonment.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tommy Robinson Jailed in the UK.He was reporting on a Muslim pedophile ring. Gag order issued on his arrest and imprisonment. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Freakin' seriously?? Roll Eyes

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
They've given him a death sentence

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
If the story is accurate, Home Secretary Javid's life expectancy should closely parallel Mr. Robinson's.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

While they allow the muslims to groom and rape their young girls. Another of the lefts war on women. Talk about a bunched of fucked up cowards, to weak to protect teenage girls from this filth they let in their country.

Oh and note the prison is heavily populated with this scourge on society. But keep bringing them in great fucking idea.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
{Update: I now see that this topic already has its own separate thread}

Perhaps this deserves its own separate thread, but the detstruct of freedom of speech is happening incrementally in the USA also. This incident is virtually exactly the same issue that first thrust Dr. Jordan B Peterson into the public eye: (although JBP opposed it as purely an issue of free speech, with no religious component)

https://www.indystar.com/story...me-my-job/672474002/

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

Oh and note the prison is heavily populated with this scourge on society. But keep bringing them in great fucking idea.

From 2007:
London Prison Changes Direction of Toilets in Respect to Islamic Law

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2...-to-islamic-law.html

Toilets in one London prison are getting a face-lift — or rather, a change in direction — to accommodate Muslim inmates who can't use them while facing Mecca, a British newspaper reported.

Government officials ackowledged using tax dollars for the changes to the facilities, but maintained that moving the toilets was part of "on-going refurbishment," according to an article in The Sun.

Islamic code prohibits Muslims from facing or turning their backs on the direction of prayer when they use the bathroom. Muslim prisoners complained of having to sit sideways on toilets so as to not break code.

Faith leaders in the government pressured officials to approve turning the toilets 90 degrees at HMP Brixton in London.

A Muslim American rights worker commended the London prison system for their actions, but said the problem, so far, doesn't appear to be an issue in the U.S.

"There have been very significant and numerous complaints at U.S. prisons on issues of regulating hygiene and respect for dietary laws," said Ibrahim Ramey, director of human and civil rights work for Muslim America Society. However, Ramey said he was unaware of any specific complaints regarding the direction of toilets in U.S. prisons.

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
to accommodate Muslim inmates who can't use them while facing Mecca, a British newspaper reported.

Ok WTF. ON Camp Bastion, the British side of Leatherneck, they had lots of local workers doing all sorts of crap. Bizzars, everything. And all of the porta johns were the squat type, no seat, just footprints, I assume so the "locals" felt at home. None that I know of faced a certain direction, and NO ONE seemed to care.

Why is this suddenly a problem IN A BRITISH PRISION ON BRITISH SOIL??? It didn't seem to be a problem on a British military base overseas, in a Muslim contry, where muslims worked.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The speaker is a bit overwrought. Nevertheless...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The UK apparently is one of those "Shithole Nations" now. Frown

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
TOMMY ROBINSON FREED ON BAIL AFTER SUCCESSFUL APPEAL!!

Former English Defence League (EDL) leader Tommy Robinson has been freed on bail after winning an appeal against a contempt of court finding.

The 35-year-old admitted the charge and was jailed in May for filming outside Leeds Crown Court during a trial.

At the Court of Appeal, Lord Chief Justice Lord Burnett ruled the case be reheard as there had been technical flaws by the judge who jailed him.

Robinson's solicitors said everyone has the "right to a fair hearing".

The far-right activist, from Luton, was not present for the ruling in London and is expected to be released from his 13-month sentence being served at Onley Prison, near Rugby, later.

In his written judgement, Lord Burnett said: "We are satisfied that the finding of contempt made in Leeds following a fundamentally flawed process, in what we recognise were difficult and unusual circumstances, cannot stand.

"We will direct that the matter be reheard before a different judge."
[SIG2340 note: Excellent ruling Lord Burnett.]

Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley Lennon, will attend the Old Bailey for the hearing, conducted by the Recorder of London, "as soon as reasonably possible".

The footage, filmed by Robinson on a mobile phone and broadcast on social media, saw him discussing a criminal trial that was subject to reporting restrictions.

The video, lasting about an hour, was watched 250,000 times within hours of being posted on Facebook.

A statement from Robinson's solicitors said: "The rule of law and right to a fair hearing are fundamental to every individual and this ruling is an example of the safeguards of our system.
"What makes the British system so unique is the ability to set aside personal feelings and deal with the law and each case on its merits."

Robinson had challenged two contempt of court findings but Lord Burnett said a suspended sentence he was given relating to a trial in Canterbury in May 2017 should stand.

He was given 10 months for contempt of court in Leeds and a further three months for breaching the suspended sentence handed to him in Canterbury.

Lord Burnett, in his written judgement, said Robinson attended Canterbury Crown Court during a rape trial and filmed on the steps of the court and inside the building.

Analysis: By Dominic Casciani, BBC home affairs correspondent

This morning, the Lord Chief Justice's ruling in Robinson's appeal underlined that the rule of law - the rules that apply to us all - must be applied fairly in all circumstances.

And that's why the Court of Appeal ruled that Robinson's second conviction in a year for contempt of court was flawed. In essence, the five hours from arrest to sentence at Leeds Crown Court was rushed.

Robinson wasn't told what specific parts of his activity at the court had been potentially prejudicial to a jury - meaning nobody to this day knows exactly what he did wrong.

Further, he immediately removed the offending video from Facebook on the court's order and the judge should have then adjourned the matter to give him longer to prepare a defence.

Tommy Robinson is still convicted of contempt in relation to his behaviour at Canterbury last year where he received his three month sentence for potentially derailing a fair trial.

Today, the Court of Appeal said that very same right to a fair hearing means Robinson should have a full opportunity to put his case without rushing to judge.

At an earlier hearing, Robinson's QC argued that procedural "deficiencies" had caused "prejudice" in Leeds.

Lord Burnett said the judge should not have commenced contempt proceedings the same day he was arrested.

He explained "no particulars of the contempt were formulated or put to the appellant", and there was "a muddle over the nature of the contempt being considered".

Robinson's bail conditions restrict him from approaching within 400m (0.2 miles) of Leeds Crown Court.

Rival groups of Tommy Robinson supporters and "Stand Up To Racism" protesters had gathered outside the Royal Courts of Justice and swapped chants.

Both groups of about 30 people were outnumbered by watching police.

Who is Tommy Robinson?

Born in 1982, Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, describes himself as "a working-class man from Luton".

Aged 20, he joined the far-right British National Party but soon left saying "it was not for me"

In 2009 he set up the English Defence League (EDL) - an organisation set up to counter what its members saw as the threat of Islamist extremism

The EDL organised street marches and demonstrations which often clashed with anti-racism campaigners

He married in 2011 and is the father of three children

He left the EDL in 2013 expressing concern that he no longer felt he could keep extremist elements within the organisation at bay.

In 2015, he joined demonstrations with the German anti-immigration group Pegida, Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamisation of the West, and announced the founding of the British chapter

In 2017, he started contributing to Canadian-based far-right political commentary site The Rebel Media

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
This morning, the Lord Chief Justice's ruling in Robinson's appeal underlined that the rule of law - the rules that apply to us all - must be applied fairly in all circumstances

Only when you get caught red handed trying to stifle the opposition by any means and getting roundly criticized throughout the world.

Being arrested, tried, sentenced and incarcerated in about three hours (all while being denied representation by your solicitor) is not what happens in a country where a citizen has any kind of rights.
It also means that the judge never had time to look at any evidence for or against the charge.

The Brits will tell you; "Oh, he broke the law".
Maybe, maybe not ...as the judge never had the time to look at any evidence.

However, even in Britain, you are supposed to be entitled to a fair trial.

It makes the sitting British government look like the bunch of commies they are. This ruling has only come about because this whole sordid mess got worldwide attention. They could care less about the fate of Tommy Robinson or any average Brit.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Robinson railing against the media as he walks out of prison, apparent there for over a year.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Interview with Tommy Robinson posted an hour ago.

The UK Prison System's behavior is nothing short of appalling.

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Did anyone see the Tommy Robinson interview on Tucker Carlson just now?

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Did anyone see the Tommy Robinson interview on Tucker Carlson just now?

I just caught the end of it so I'll watch the whole thing when it shows up on YouTube tomorrow. They're saying it's his first interview since his release. Surprising.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
TOMMY ROBINSON IS BEING RECHARGED AFTER HIGH COURT DISMISSED CASE!!

Dollars to donuts its is because he ran a sting against BBC's John Sweeney, the LBHAIC of their show Panorama

The leftists are pulling out the stops in their efforts to silence him.

Spread this around the internet folks, like a particularly nasty virus.

Nice is overrated

posted Hide Post
I lived there for several years, and am puzzled by the concept of double jeopardy, or more exactly, I thought double jeopardy was against the rules.

In any case, I don't think he is the UK's David Duke. I believe he distanced himself from the racist aspects of politics. They convicted him once for lying to a financial institution, to do with his mortgage I believe.

I do believe "they" are out to get him.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I believe Tommy personifies the true spirit of Britain ; what it was when it ruled the seas and tamed the wild for produce and a better life. Our dearest ally has become infected with the ebola of political ideologies and can no longer proceed with attacking itself. We have the same disease but a different defense. In the end our defense may prove insufficient. I pray God save the UK and the USA.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post