SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tommy Robinson Jailed in the UK.He was reporting on a Muslim pedophile ring. Gag order issued on his arrest and imprisonment.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tommy Robinson Jailed in the UK.He was reporting on a Muslim pedophile ring. Gag order issued on his arrest and imprisonment. Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
England needs a revolution. Maybe they will finally depose their useless crown.

What is it with the fixation some of y'all have on the Crown? The Crown has nothing at all to do with this, or any of the other ills besetting the U.K. Everything that's going on there is a result of laws enacted by lawmakers U.K. citizens freely elected.

Good grief Roll Eyes

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The "grooming" was a horrible, widespread crime. But not yet mentioned here is the cover-up of the crime by the police and civilian authorities. Here is an example of a report on how serious the cover-up was:

Rotherham whistle-blower explains how sex abuse was covered up

Brief excerpt:
quote:
Yet it is not the severity of the crimes, nor the paucity of convictions that make the affair a scandal. It is the cover-up. Senior repeatedly found warnings went unheeded, evidence was destroyed and, when her team gave information to outside police forces, she was reprimanded and accused of distortion and unprofessionalism.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
England needs a revolution. Maybe they will finally depose their useless crown.

What is it with the fixation some of y'all have on the Crown? The Crown has nothing at all to do with this, or any of the other ills besetting the U.K. Everything that's going on there is a result of laws enacted by lawmakers U.K. citizens freely elected.

Good grief Roll Eyes

Maybe not directly but the buck stops at top.
Still an all-inclusive cluster-fuck of an area no matter who you blame.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Douglas Murray at National Review has written an excellent analysis of the Robinson issue.

An excerpt:

quote:
The problem — as I said in 2015 — is that any challenge Robinson presents is all a secondary issue. The primary issue is that for years the British state allowed gangs of men to rape thousands of young girls across Britain. For years the police, politicians, Crown Prosecution Service, and every other arm of the state ostensibly dedicated to protecting these girls failed them. As a number of government inquires have concluded, they turned their face away from these girls because they were terrified of the accusations of racism that would come their way if they did address them. They decided it wasn’t worth the aggravation.

By contrast, Tommy Robinson thought it was worth the aggravation, even if that meant having his whole life turned upside down. Some years ago, after crawling over all of his personal affairs and the affairs of all his immediate family, the police found an irregularity on a mortgage application, prosecuted Robinson, convicted him, and sent him to prison on that charge. In prison he was assaulted and almost killed by Muslim inmates.

What can be said with absolute certainty is that Tommy Robinson has been treated with greater suspicion and a greater presumption of guilt by the United Kingdom than any Islamic extremist or mass rapist ever has been. That should be — yet is not — a national scandal. If even one mullah or sheikh had been treated with the presumption of guilt that Robinson has received, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, and the rest of them would be all over the U.K. authorities. But different standards apply to Robinson.

Link

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Good grief Roll Eyes[/QUOTE}

So then what is the purpose of their very existence? Can the citizens vote them out of existence or are they permanent parasites?

Apparently they don't care what happens as long as the money keeps flowing.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
This has an explanation of what happened and why

https://thehayride.com/2018/05...british-persecution/

Thank you. I figured there was more to this story, and (not surprisingly) there was.

Here's the text of the article (bold emphasis mine):

quote:
Earlier this month, we brought the story of English Defense League founder Tommy Robinson’s lawsuit against Twitter. Robinson was banned in March over violations of Twitter’s “hateful conduct” policy.

Now Robinson has much bigger issues to deal with. He was arrested on Friday after videotaping and asking questions of defendants in a “child grooming” sex abuse trial in Leeds.

Now the UK has become atrocious on issues of free speech and freedom of the press. The country has crafted laws on speech that have restricted what people can and can’t say, often in the name of political correctness.

Did Robinson get caught up in those restrictions? Is his arrest an example of British political correctness and tyranny run amok? Not exactly.

If you read Robinson’s defenders, they will tell a story like this. “Robinson was just reporting on the child grooming trial because the British government was covering it up. He was arrested for exercising his free speech rights and sent to prison after an hour-long secret trial for 13 months. The court has forbidden coverage of Robinson’s case. Finally, Britain has become a police state on the way to imposing Sharia law.”

Let’s take this story apart bit by bit because there are some half-truths here, along with lack of knowledge of British law.

First up, the arrest of Robinson itself. Robinson was outside the Leeds Crown Court live streaming on his Facebook page of himself asking the defendants questions. He was arrested for breaching the peace and incitement.

Now here’s where it gets interesting. The judge in the child grooming case upgraded the charges to contempt of court. Contempt of court has a different definition in the UK and restricts what the media can cover during a trial. This article from The Guardian illustrates the differences between the UK and US.

Because the “child grooming” trial involved the sexual abuse of minors, the judge imposed a reporting ban on the trial. It means that reporters cannot cover or report the trial until it is concluded. The British do this instead of jury sequestration

The British justify this as necessary to protect both accusers and defendants and to protect the right to a fair trial. In the UK, prejudicial reporting has led to mistrials and cases being dismissed.

Robinson’s broadcast was in violation of the reporting ban.
He was arrested and then charged with contempt of court

Why was Robinson tried so quickly and then sent to prison? Because he did not actually go on trial. Robinson was under a suspended sentence for a similar action in 2017. The judge likely just simply activated the sentence because Robinson violated the terms of that sentence, which was to not videotape defendants outside of courtrooms. In fact, video cameras are banned in English courtrooms.

Now is the Robinson arrest and case under a reporting ban? Yes and no. There are plenty of stories in the UK media about Robinson’s arrest. But his actual sentencing and case are under a reporting ban until the duration of the child grooming trial.

Also, there is no cover-up of child grooming. The alleged rapists are already in custody and are currently on trial. Robinson’s “reporting” has accomplished nothing here.

Finally, is this an example of Britain becoming a police state? Hardly. What we have is a conflict between two fundamental and important rights, freedom of the press and the right to a fair trial. The British have chosen to resolve that conflict differently than America did.

If I was British, I would support scrapping the reporting bans. They’re effective when the only sources of news were newspapers and the BBC. But in this era of social media, they cannot be enforced. Instead, the UK should introduce jury sequestration for high profile cases like this one.

What happened to Robinson could never happen in America. For starters, such broad reporting bans were ruled unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1976. This would not even be an issue in this country.

Is this another example of Britain descending into tyranny? Not really. Robinson brought this arrest on himself by violating a reporting ban and the terms of his suspended sentence. Going to a courtroom under a suspended sentence is just stupid.

Britain has major problems with freedom of speech and freedom of the press, but this is not one of those cases. Robinson was grandstanding and he paid the price for it.

If that article is correct, it appears that this is not the first time that this guy has attempted to interfere with a trial, violating the law in the process.

Interfering with a jury's ability to make an impartial decision based on the evidence presented in court is a serious matter.

The last time, he was apparently simply given a suspended sentence. He then willfully chose to violate that court order. Would you not expect the justice system to impose a consequence?

Even here in the US, court cases involving juvenile abuse victims and other sensitive matters are often subject to seals/gag orders/closed courtrooms/etc. And high-profile cases are subject to jury sequestration.

Good post without any input from the hair-on-fire-brigade.

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"hair-on-fire brigade"?

tac, sorry, but you cannot downplay this. I'm sorry, but your country has gone to shit err shite.

Think how conservative Americans feel when we see this kind of crap going on in our own nation.

There is no way around this, tac- you are living in a police state. You heard me- a police state. You are no longer a free man. Sorry, but that's the truth. When leaders in your country protect ignorant animal trash immigrants who have no desire to assimilate into Britain's culture, at the expense of children, there is simply no way to put a good face on this.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- the people in England strike me as some of the least reactionary people on Earth, but Goddamnit, it's time to RISE UP and stop this shit.

Oh, and since my words have reached your police state, let me take this opportunity to tell all the internet monitors in your country to go climb up their own asses err arses. You can't touch me, you totalitarian TOOLS!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"hair-on-fire brigade"?

tac, sorry, but you cannot downplay this. I'm sorry, but your country has gone to shit err shite.

Think how conservative Americans feel when we see this kind of crap going on in our own nation.

There is no way around this, tac- you are living in a police state. You heard me- a police state. You are no longer a free man. Sorry, but that's the truth. When leaders in your country protect ignorant animal trash immigrants who have no desire to assimilate into Britain's culture, at the expense of children, there is simply no way to put a good face on this.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- the people in England strike me as some of the least reactionary people on Earth, but Goddamnit, it's time to RISE UP and stop this shit.

Tac, I'm a self-professed Anglophile.

IMO, it is waaaay past time for the English, Northern Irish, Scots, and Welsh to rise up against this criminality.

And I'm not speaking of the Islamist rape gangs (though those need eradication like another outbreak of bovine spongiform encephalitis), I'm speaking of the hundreds of government employees in the police, the Crown Prosecution Service, the Home Office, and the Security Services WHO LET THOUSANDS OF CHILDREN AND MINORS BE ABUSED, RAPED, AND SEXUALLY EXPLOITED because they feared being called names. All that was required was for the first detective involved having the moral outrage to ask which was preferred, investigating crimes or letting children be raped. But that person, and hundreds more, did nothing.

Nothing.

It's a disgrace.

It is utterly reprehensible.

And the population should never, ever let those responsible forget it.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31428 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
"hair-on-fire brigade"?

Oh, and since my words have reached your police state, let me take this opportunity to tell all the internet monitors in your country to go climb up their own asses err arses. You can't touch me, you totalitarian TOOLS!

I hear you, but I can't leave, even though I have the right to do so and go live elsewhere. My anchor is my severely disabled daughter and our 12-y/o granddaughter.

I look at all this crap with growing horror, I write to our member of parliament- who lives in the village, who replies to me with platitudes.

Not a lot that I can do legally, except protest about it all, which I do. Most every week.

I'm not the only one here that thinks the same.

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When Hitler got in your country's face, the British reached down and found a great reservoir of resolve and put their foot all the way up his ass. Lancasters over Berlin, baby.

This time, the enemy is your own government. Revolution is called for.

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
When Hitler got in your country's face, the British reached down and found a great reservoir of resolve and put their foot all the way up his ass. Lancasters over Berlin, baby.

This time, the enemy is your own government. Revolution is called for.

I agree with all my heart. I have a very biased bunch of friends and acquaintances, naturally enough, people with whom I share common interests, name guns and trains. To a man/woman, they share your/my views on the shithole this place is rapidly becoming in the cities. What to do?

Voting is the only legal way to get anything done hereabouts, and right now, it doesn't look as though it's doing any good.

tac

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Agree 100%. As do 100% of all my acquaintances. Both the only way that things get done here legally is by the parliamentary process. With all the strictures in place about 'freedom of speech', 'inciting racial hatred' and all that stuff, it's difficult in the extreme to say or do anything that doesn't get you in deep do-do. As you say, a police state in all but name.

The movie 'V' has a lot of training material in it, for sure. And some great examples, too. There is, as you must know, a growing groundswell of people with a growing sense of resentment and disquiet about the way this country has gone over the last few years, with judges applying out-dated levels of punishment to people who have hitherto been goat-fondling in their mud huts, and who are now walking the streets of the UK dealing drugs and hatred.

tac

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Massive crowds turned out in London on Saturday to rally for free speech and hear Dutch firebrand Geert Wilders demand the release of Tommy Robinson from prison.

“It’s so good to see so many of you here today, you are all heroes for being here today,” said the Freedom Party leader, an outspoken critic of radical Islam who rose to second place in the Dutch national elections last year.

Wilders told the crowd he had come to Britain to tell Robinson’s supporters they “will never walk alone” and to “tell the world, and the UK government in particular: Free Tommy Robinson!”

“At this very moment, thousands of people all over the world are demonstrating in front of British embassies, from LA to Sydney, and over half a million people have already signed the petition for Tommy,” he told the crowd.

“And all with the one important message: Free Tommy!

“So, Downing Street is just around the corner, so maybe once again, as loud as possible as we can, let them hear our message: Free Tommy Robinson!” he cried, prompting extended chants of ‘Oh, Tommy Tommy, Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy Robinson!’ and ‘We want Tommy out!’

“Listen to us Theresa May, listen to us Sajid Javid, listen to us Sadiq Khan,” he continued, each name provoking passionate boos.

“Listen to us, all you in power: we want the release of Tommy Robinson!

“Tommy Robinson is the greatest freedom fighter of Britain today. Tommy Robinson is a freedom fighter. He says what no-one dares to say. He has guts. He has courage.

“And that is more than we can say for all those people that govern us. Because our governors sold us out with mass immigration, with Islamisation, with open borders. We are almost foreigners in our own land,” he declared.

“And if we complain about it, they call us racists or Islamophobes — but I say, no more. And what do you say?” Wilders asked the assembled crowds.

“No more!” they shouted back.

“That’s right. Enough is enough. We will not be gagged anymore. No more tyranny.

“My friends, 75 years ago, your fathers and grandfathers liberated my country from tyranny,” he continued.

“My country, the Netherlands, is a free country today, because the British brave boys and men, people like you, liberated us.

“And do you know how we used to call these British soldiers? We called them Tommies!” he exclaimed.

“But today your government has put a Tommy in jail. Freedom is behind bars. Tommy is behind bars.

“And that is totally unacceptable, and that is why we say: Set him free!” Wilders shouted.

“Tommy is in jail while the British state looked the other way for years, when thousands — thousands — of English children and girls were brutally raped by those grooming gangs.

“They were your daughters. The daughters of the brave Tommies. The daughters of the hard-working, decent people of Britain, who made this beautiful country so great.

“But for years, and years, the police, the politicians, the prosecutors did nothing, and looked the other way.

“They refused to listen to the victims. They arrested fathers who tried to liberate their daughters. They left children in the hands of those gangs.

“But Tommy, my friends, Tommy acted. Tommy didn’t look in the other direction. He refused to ignore the problem. He gave voice to millions of Britons who were abandoned by the authorities.

“And when Tommy protested, the same authorities could not be fast enough to jail him and to gag the media.

“And I tell you: that is not democracy. That is not freedom. That is what they do in Saudi Arabia.

“So I ask you: Do you want to be Britain, or Saudi Arabia?

“My friends, it was not Tommy who was breaching the peace, it was your government who was breaching the peace!” he declared.

“And we cannot, and we will not, accept it any longer. We want freedom, and it is our duty to speak out against rape, against grooming gangs, against Sharia law, against barbarism — and we demand the release of Tommy Robinson.

“So here we stand in full solidarity with Tommy, because, like him, we are sick and tired from being silenced.

“And I tell you, today we have a message for all the government of the world, and our message is: ‘We will not be silenced! We will not be intimidated! And we tell the government, we are not afraid of you!

“We will never surrender! We will stand strong and do our duty, we will defend our civilisation, and we will protect our people.

“And I tell you, to the governments, you can throw us in jail, but you will never defeat us.

“Because, my friends, for every Tommy whom you imprison, thousands will rise up.

“So take notice Theresa May, take notice Dutch prime minister Rutte, take notice, Mrs Merkel and President Macron.

“Take notice: The future is ours, and not yours. We will defeat you politically — because we, my friends, we are the people.

“And every day, more people are joining our cause. The cause of freedom. Every day our members grow, and our demands are right and just.

“This is what we want. First, and most important: Free Tommy Robinson!

“But we also want you to give our countries back to us. Stop selling us out. Stop the mass immigration. Protect your own people. Stop gagging us. Restore the freedom of speech.

“My friends: long live Great Britain,” he concluded.

“Allow me, long live the Netherlands.

“Long live freedom.

“But most of all, long live Tommy Robinson!”

Geert Wilders

Some questions by UK immigration officers:

Q: Why are you here?
A: To speak at a rally.

Q: For what exact purpose:
A: To Free Tommy Robinson!

Had to wait a few minutes with my security detail.

And then they let me IN!#FreeTommy

http://www.breitbart.com/londo...y-robinsons-release/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
Free Tommy protesters took to the streets today, one report has them at 20,000 strong. So far 5 police were injured and 5 protesters were arrested.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I think it would be a hoot if Trump would say he would pardon Tommy Robinson if he could.
THAT would drive the libs CRAZY. Smile

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This is the kind of stuff I expect from the Norks, not UK. I think we should learn from what we see here.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
TOMMY ROBINSON FEARS FOR HIS LIFE AFTER BEING MOVED TO HEAVILY MUSLIM-POPULATED PRISON

Fears for the safety of Tommy Robinson are mounting after it was revealed that he has been moved to a heavily Muslim-populated prison in the United Kingdom and has already been on the receiving end of death threats.

Robinson was jailed last month for a “breach of the peace” while live streaming a trial involving a Muslim rape gang outside Leeds Crown Court.

He was initially held in a low security prison with a low Muslim population.

However, today it was revealed by Robinson’s manager Caolan Robertson that the activist has now been moved to another prison that has a large Muslim prison population.

Robertson added that Robinson had been subjected to Muslim prisoners banging on cell walls and threatening to kill him since he arrived at the jail. He is now being held on the main wing of the jail amongst the general population which is “full of people who (don’t) like him,” according to Robertson.

Some are claiming that moving Robinson to a heavily Muslim-populated prison represents a de facto “death sentence”. Robinson himself asked for the release of the information because he fears for his own safety.

A fatwa was also reportedly issued against Tommy Robinson by an imam within 24 hours of him being transferred to the new prison.

Back in 2016, a man who was jailed for leaving bacon outside of a mosque in Bristol was found dead in jail halfway through his prison sentence. An investigation later claimed the man died of a drugs overdose.

“He’s a much higher target now,” Robertson told Infowars, adding that this was the “most devastating news possible” because lawyers had been confident of securing Robinson’s early release.

Former Breitbart London editor Raheem Kassam confirmed the news, tweeting, “Tommy’s human rights are being violated as he was moved to a new UK prison last night, without warning or reason. He is now in a very heavily Muslim populated prison in the Midlands in England.”

He also said that the decision to move Robinson came directly from the UK Home Office.

https://www.infowars.com/tommy...im-populated-prison/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
He also said that the decision to move Robinson came directly from the UK Home Office.
Who made the decision? Let's hear their name. Let's see their photograph.

Fat chance of that. Fucking cowards.

posted Hide Post
seems it was predicted and the warning was ignored.
Home Secretary Sajid Javid

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post