SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New fact I just learned from my pharmacist
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New fact I just learned from my pharmacist Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted
Had heard one of my meds had released a generic so I was enquiring about it and the conversation turned to Ins. Cos. And copays etc, and he told me the drug Cos. Pay the Ins. Cos. To put their meds on their formularies.

And round and round she goes.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
And it comes with the agreement as to how much the insurer is paying for the med, so... that’s kind of the point. It’s not a conspiracy.

How do you suppose Wally World’s $4 med list works?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Man, you are going to have your mind blown when your realize that food brands pay supermarket chains to have their products placed on the shelves, or that publishers pay to have books displayed prominently on bookstore shelves...

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Or product placement in movies and TV shows.

Posts: 4078 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Man, you are going to have your mind blown when your realize that food brands pay supermarket chains to have their products placed on the shelves, or that publishers pay to have books displayed prominently on bookstore shelves...

Already knew about the grocery store thing but not the book thing.

SigP229R

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Yep

We switched health insurance this year, and for a lot of medicines it’s cheaper to get the brand name drug than the generic because of the deals pharma has with the insurance company

I couldn’t figure out why some of my wife’s monthly medicine had quintupled in price. Under the old insurance we got the generic. And the pharmacy just kept giving us the generic when we changed even though it cost 5 times more

I was not pleased

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wish the Triscuit people would pay more, because those damn things are on the bottom shelf.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

I wish the Triscuit people would pay more, because those damn things are on the bottom shelf.

So that’s why Glory brand canned foods are on the bottom shelf of my San Diego supermarkets. Now I know…

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah. You would think they would know that their target audience is not keen on having to bend over. Snack food should be easily accessible!

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:

I wonder what Glock had to pay to get John Wick to change from HK. Big Grin

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Yep

We switched health insurance this year, and for a lot of medicines it’s cheaper to get the brand name drug than the generic because of the deals pharma has with the insurance company

I couldn’t figure out why some of my wife’s monthly medicine had quintupled in price. Under the old insurance we got the generic. And the pharmacy just kept giving us the generic when we changed even though it cost 5 times more

I was not pleased

Express Scripts? We are seeing a lot of that with them. Ends up being cheaper for the insurance as they get rebates from the drug manufacturer. What I'd like to know is, are they passing that on to the consumer in the form of rate decreases?

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Get yourself a grabber to take to the store or find a nice little kid looking to make a quarter to grab a box for ya. Smile

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17128 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think it’s express scripts through united healthcare

I have only myself to blame. As the COO of our business, I was the one that chose to switch from anthem to United. But the rate increase from anthem for less coverage was more than I was willing to pay and could afford

I haven’t been unhappy with United. But I don’t know all the tricks like I did with anthem

quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
quote:
Yep

I was not pleased

Express Scripts? We are seeing a lot of that with them. Ends up being cheaper for the insurance as they get rebates from the drug manufacturer. What I'd like to know is, are they passing that on to the consumer in the form of rate decreases?

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:

I wonder what Glock had to pay to get John Wick to change from HK. Big Grin

They cashed in a marker.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
quote:
Yep

I was not pleased

You can bet the answer to that one is a resounding NO.

SigP229R