SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Waiting for the acceptance letter. (Update- first post}
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Waiting for the acceptance letter. (Update- first post} Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
This is the week high school students get the early acceptance letter from the college they chose. You can only do this with one college.
My daughter chose Vanderbilt. Her SAT is 1490, she works, has all high grades, is an EMT and other community projects, school clubs, Band Major etc....
Yesterday she must have asked 5 times if the mail came. I laughed and told her to pull up a chair on the front porch and watch for the mail truck. If she doesn't get in to Vanderbilt, she will apply to Dartmouth.

She did not get accepted. I can't say she was broken hearted but disappointed. She thought she had a 50/50 chance. She will now try Dartmouth. In any case she will have a shot at a good school with her SAT score. Thanks for everyone that wished her luck. She is a winner and find what she wants, she doesn't give up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rtquig,

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Wish her all the luck in the world, went through this a few times also with my girls. Tell her no delivery tomorrow due to President 41. Good Luck.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I congratulate you on your Daughter's ambition and hard work. I know you're rightfully proud.

My little girl graduates from Belmont University on the 14th.

Life is good Smile

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good luck!!

what assets are you selling off to fund this ?? Big Grin

I'm guessing with a 1490 she's in

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Luck to your daughter.

Vanderbilt is an awesome school.
That is one of the schools I always wanted to attend but could never make the cut.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I congratulate you on your Daughter's ambition and hard work. I know you're rightfully proud.

+1
She will do well.
My little girl graduated from University of Tulsa this spring. She is now an engineer at P66. For the first semester in my adult life, I'm not writing a tuition check!

Life is good Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your daughter on the hard work and excellent results. I'm sure she will be a great commodore!

Vandy has a really beautiful campus.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
If she can get into Dartmouth, Vandy shouldn’t be an issue. Kudos to you for raising a young lady that is already well accomplished!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Good luck to her!

Then the wait for the tuition bill starts!

Vandy is a good school in a nice location. Plenty of opportunities for her nationwide and especially in TN.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

I hope she has a scholarship lined up, for your sake.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check "online" my daughter has been accepted to a few schools, no letter, no email but online status shows accepted.

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
And heck, even if you get a full tuition scholarship, room & board plus the other college expenses are a chunk of $$$.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
These are exciting days! Keep your phone charged, so you can record her opening the letter and save it for posterity. One day it will mean a great deal to her.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed for the first choice.

Daughter is looking at both of those schools. Coming from Tampa, I am guessing a February visit to Dartmouth will increase the odds of Vanderbilt.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best of luck. We live about 2.5 miles from Vandy- it's a nice area.

Posts: 985 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Hope she gets what she wants, sounds like she has earned the opportunity!

BTW- sign up for informed delivery and you get an email each morning with a scanned image of the mail that will be delivered to you that day. No more waiting at the box Smile

https://informeddelivery.usps....s/intro/start.action

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Vandy class of 83. Hope she is chosen! It is so competitive these days i couldn't imagine making it there.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Vandy, and Belmont, are both nice schools in nice areas.

Nashville has just enough big city to keep you occupied while mostly retaining a smaller town feel.

Great place to go to school and you as dad have a lot of fellow Sig Forum members to call on should the need ever arise.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish her luck. I remember waiting for the mail truck with both my kids. You should be (I am sure you are) very proud of her. Hardworking and smart is a good recipe for success.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Wish her luck. I remember the interminable wait when I applied for early decision to Dartmouth. That acceptance letter was a fantastic Christmas present.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post