SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Robot lifts 100 pounds jumps 6 feet
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
New Robot lifts 100 pounds jumps 6 feet Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Dang, now if this isn't some futuristic scary movie looking stuff,not CGI, this is the real deal.

When that thing lifts up the first time, extends and rolls off I'm thinking we need to call John Conner....

Link to Article

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I welcome our new robot overlords...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah but can it make a hamburger? Eek

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
the things coming out of BD labs are terrifying.

E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for the mounted Police to be riding these.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4786 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
One word...Skynet.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScorpionBoy:

Its an incredible group!

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That was quite a stable bot. Dont know what to think.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, wasn't expecting that! It moves so smooth and fluidly...amazing.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Robot, run me 2500 rounds of 45 Auto on the Dillion.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScorpionBoy:

Don't worry, it will have a directive to never harm a human being.. unless harming a human will save many other humans. Wink

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Very impressive.

Does it have a "rib cage" to stick a homemade pipebomb in just in case?

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Is that made by a publicly traded company?

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Eek

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
From their website:

"Boston Dynamics is wholly owned subsidiary of Google, Inc. We began as a spin-off from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where National Academy of Engineering member Marc Raibert and his colleagues first developed robots that ran and maneuvered like animals.
They founded the company in 1992, and their ground-breaking work continues to inspire much of our work.
Boston Dynamics has an extraordinary technical team of engineers and scientists. The team seamlessly combines advanced analytical thinking with boots-in-the-mud practicality.
We pride ourselves in building machines that are both innovative and actually work."

http://www.bostondynamics.com/bd_about.html

Coupled with the other thread about the Google browser database, Skynet isn't too far off...

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Yeah but can it make a hamburger? Eek

Yes it can. I programmed robots that could make burgers and crack eggs 20 years ago. Robotics are quite amazing and flexible, they can do surgery, so pharmacy work, weld, pretty much anything we can. The ability is there, they just lack the decision making skills and that is being worked on

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Wow. Pretty impressive.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
Puddle Pirate
Picture of kornesque
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Robot, run me 2500 rounds of 45 Auto on the Dillion.

"OK Google, *insert command*"

10yrs later...

"OK Skynet..."

"Happiness is red and free."

Posts: 1794 | Location: Low Country, SC | Registered: October 24, 2008Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Really interesting technology. I couldn't help they showed it going down stairs and down hills. I wonder how well it does going up.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post