SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Auction Today through this weekend RICK TREWORGY'S MUSCLE CAR CITY
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auction Today through this weekend RICK TREWORGY'S MUSCLE CAR CITY Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Muscle Car City is closed, the owner has decided to sell off everything, art, signs, and cars.

A shame that it's closing, never did get to make it to the place. If you have anything like this in your area best go see it before it's gone....

Muscle Car City

OTOH, if you have the green you can buy some of the top notch muscle cars in the country....

You can watch it live streaming online at the link below, today and tomorrow.

Link to Auction

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Some great cars in there. GTO Judges, Chevelle's, Camaro's, El Camino's, 442's and Vettes - oh my.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
WOW What a collection. The condition of the restored vehicles is amazing

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I live a few miles from it and have been there twice. Once when it was in an old Walmart and once in the current location which used to be a Sweet Bay grocery store. The cars were packed in, but it was cool.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow nice collection of my dream cars. In 1969, as a junior in high school, my dream cars were an SS396 Chevelle, a Z28 Camaro or heaven forbid, a 383 Roadrunner. I never realized those dreams and ended up with a VW. But I still dreamed...

Posts: 751 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to hear what the total collection sold for at the end of the auction. It's got to be HUGE $

Posts: 414 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
If you have anything like this in your area best go see it before it's gone....

Yes. There was a microcar museum close by that I had to check out.
They had a lot of neat and innovative designs and features that were cutting edge for their time.
Glad I went before it was closed. Interestingly, most of the cars sold were bought to be sent back overseas.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are selling EVERYTHING even the old tin/porcelain signs and neon. I’d love me a L88 corvette but I think I’m about a million bucks shy.

Posts: 4756 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good post. I have watched Mecum auctions on CH65 so many times but never knew any of the history behind Muscle Car City.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
The day one top 10 alone was 2 million

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
The list of cars is amazing, a 67 Z28, holy shot there were only 602 of them made and most ended up on the track. I looked at some of the cars a few days ago and anybody that is a fan muscle cars would be drooling endlessly.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3692 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Well, if anyone is looking, this was as of Jan 19

$29,500

New Arrival! 1967 Pontiac GTO. VIN: 242177G114328. True GTO with numbers matching 400ci, V8 engine. 4 speed manual transmission. Manual steering / Manual brakes. Manifolds / Dual Exhaust. Bucket seats with floor shifter. PHS documentation.

https://www.facebook.com/pccla...3l&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see the final total.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
There was a lot of discussion on FB before the auction took place on this car:https://www.mecum.com/lots/PG0121-454427/1966-pontiac-22-hardtop/

1966 Pontiac 2+2.

Went for somewhere in the mid 60's. Most of the discussion surrounded the hood scoop, originally was said to be one of only five built with this scoop. Myself and many others disagreed with this statement. Besides my personal experience of over fifty years of owning examples of this sub model if really necessary I have a couple of other sources, my "ace in the hole" if necessary for information, one of whom was the PMD historian, presently the owner of PHS, we have been acquainted for many years. Later in the discussion but before the auction took place a previous owner stated that it was added at some time subsequent to his selling it. Mecum did change the listing to reflect that this scoop was a owner added item.

Despite some missing details under the hood, a dash panel cut to fit the aftermarket radio, wrong dash panel knobs and a couple of other exterior things it brought a very high sale price, more than many of us in that FB group (many 2+2 owners)expected to see.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

$29,500

New Arrival! 1967 Pontiac GTO. VIN: 242177G114328. True GTO with numbers matching 400ci, V8 engine. 4 speed manual transmission. Manual steering / Manual brakes. Manifolds / Dual Exhaust. Bucket seats with floor shifter. PHS documentation.

Not a Pontiac guy but I don't remember any motor other than a 389 in a 67 GTO, 1 four barrel carb or tri-power, 4spd stick or auto.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Whew. Quite a collection. A pair of COPO Camaros, a pair of bubble top Bel Airs (one appears to be original).

Really is selling everything. Pedal cars, popcorn cart, and even an apothecary cabinet.

Dude is going to retire in comfort after it's all sold, judging by the day one sales!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

$29,500

Not a Pontiac guy but I don't remember any motor other than a 389 in a 67 GTO, 1 four barrel carb or tri-power, 4spd stick or auto.

1967 was the year that the 389 was replaced with the 400 and the 421 was replaced with the 428. While the 400 was around until 1979 the 428 was a three year run only, replaced in 1970 by the 455. 1967 also was the first year that tripower was eliminated. Also 1967 was the first year the Quadrajet carburetor was used in Pontiac’s.

1966 also was the first year that the GTO had its own VIN designation, the second and third digit was of it was “42” indicating a GTO.

Similar but one year only the 2+2 had its own VIN in 1966 also, the second and third numbers were “54” while the Catalinas and Venturas were numbered “52” there. All other years the 2+2 was offered in the U.S. 1964 1965 and 1967 it was a sub-model off the Catalina line.

1966 and 67 GTO’s looked very similar, grille change in the front. Biggest change was the tail light panel, 66 had a vertical panel with a die cast bezel surrounding the tail lights while 67 had a slightly slanted in at the top tail panel, louvered cuts for the tail light, one piece with no external bezel.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
Whew. Quite a collection. A pair of COPO Camaros, a pair of bubble top Bel Airs (one appears to be original).

Really is selling everything. Pedal cars, popcorn cart, and even an apothecary cabinet.

Dude is going to retire in comfort after it's all sold, judging by the day one sales!

Rumor has it that he has a personal collection of 20, 1967 Corvettes and an additional 30 or so muscle cars. I suspect he lives in comfort reguardless of the cars.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Also going on now; the auction of a L88 Corvette that is a documented survivor over at BaT.

https://bringatrailer.com/list...vrolet-l88-corvette/

The comment section is a good read.
With 12 days still to go, it’s over $300k.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
Also going on now; the auction of a L88 Corvette that is a documented survivor over at BaT.

https://bringatrailer.com/list...vrolet-l88-corvette/

The comment section is a good read.
With 12 days still to go, it’s over $300k.

Old friend has a 69 4sp convertible L88 with side pipes. She bought it for her 18th birthday. She can drive the snot out of it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6225 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post