SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The effort to recall Gov. Newsome is gaining momentum.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The effort to recall Gov. Newsome is gaining momentum. Login/Join 
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I saw Gavin Newsom drinking a piña colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Classic reference. I approve, heartily.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I saw Gavin Newsom drinking a piña colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

He was always at one of his investment properties Balboa Cafe, hitting on every hottie in a skirt. The Fillmore Triangle was his habitat.
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:The former mayor of San Diego might jump in but there's no one with pop.

Kevin Faulconer being the early favorite, one of the few metro-urban GOP mayors.

Posts: 10968 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Nah. He should stay right where he's at. They voted for it so they should suffer for their vote. Just stay in CA and stop spreading that shit to TX and AZ.

Posts: 11226 | Location: All over | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fillmore Triangle

Is that the same Fillmore district, as in where they have the Fillmore VFW?

Mayor: Callahan, I don't want anymore trouble like you had in the Fillmore district. Understand? That's my policy.

Harry Callahan: Yeah, well when an adult male chases a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy.

Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?

Harry Callahan: When a naked man chases a woman in alley with a butcher knife, and a hard-on, I take it he's not collecting for the Blue Cross.

Mayor: He may have a point....

Posts: 16440 | Location: FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
I believe the required number of valid signatures will be gathered and he will be up for a recall vote. That much is very likely but the necessary follow-up question is who runs against him?

Democrats hold every state constitutional office and there's no reason to think Democrats won't vote to keep him in office. Support among Democrats is strong because the voters like Democrats for their caring and free shit.

Who runs against Newsom? The former mayor of San Diego might jump in but there's no one with pop. Recall that when Grey Davis was recalled the possible replacements were Cruz Bustamonte who had the panache of a discarded used matches book and Darrell Issa. Issa wasn't going to get it even with his money because he was a convicted felon for car theft which led to him developing the Viper alarm system.

Until Auh-nuld went on The Tonight Show and announced his candidacy, there wasn't anyone to unseat him, at least not likely and today's opponents don't have zip or zing.

There was a good candidate to run for governor until Arnold chimed in. He's in congress right now and he was a good conservative candidate running as an independent.

I signed the recall the other day.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 16147 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post