SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad? Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Take it easy, though. For most people it's the day after injection that the arm hurts.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Just had my 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine.

Sore arm, the usual. So far uneventful.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I'll post this here since it's specifically a thread for those considering the different vaccines that are available.

The J&J is no more or less likely to have issues with blood clots, according to a new study.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/c...neca-moderna-oxford/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
I'll post this here since it's specifically a thread for those considering the different vaccines that are available.

The J&J is no more or less likely to have issues with blood clots, according to a new study.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/c...neca-moderna-oxford/

Data: From Johns Hopkins Website on CVT CVT -

"CVST is a rare form of stroke. It affects about 5 people in 1 million each year. The risk for this kind of stroke in newborns is greatest during the first month. Overall, about 3 out of 300,000 children and teens up to age 18 will have a stroke. "

Two things I found interesting in the CBS article. 1) They do point out that you are 10x or 8x more likely to get CVT if you GET Covid rather than just getting the Vaccine. 2) they never make it clear that the vaccine has an elevated rate over the non-covid, non-vaccinated control population. However, the companies said they found no such increase. But hey, headlines . . .

Also, "The United States Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are reviewing data involving six reported U.S. cases out of more than 6.8 million doses administered," Johnson & Johnson said in a statement." Link
A 2012 study found that CVT happens about 1.3 per 100k per year.
Coutinho JM, Zuurbier SM, Aramideh M, Stam J. The incidence of cerebral venous thrombosis: a cross-sectional study. Stroke. 2012;43:3375-3377

I am just not seeing the causal math here. The six reported folks who got it may have developed under normal conditions, vacc or no.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Well it has been 24 hours since my first shot of the Pfizer Wu vaccine. My arm is a bit sore like I've been punched moderately hard. So far, I have no fever, body aches, muscle aches, head aches, etc. No apparent strokes or blood clots.

It's going to be a real bummer if these shots cause everyone to stroke out after a delay of a year or so.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I have had both doses of the Moderna and the second shot gave me some long lasting side effects that started on the day I received the second shot on February 1st. They are life altering side effects and I'm still dealing with them.

Insomnia
Loss of appetite
Anxiety which I've never had in my life (52 years old)
Have lost 35 pounds (that's a good thing)
Headaches
Overall feeling ill and fatigued

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LBTRS,

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Insomnia
Loss of appetite
Anxiety which I've never had in my life (52 years old)
Have lost 35 pounds (that's a good thing)
Headaches
Overall feeling ill and fatigued

LBTRS, thank you for that report.
I could stand to lose some weight as well but that's not how I want to do it...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
For our medical type folks, regarding the blood clot issue...

I saw a Dr interviewed... he thought it odd that the following normal best practice was omitted from the official instructions that he read that are issued with the covid vaccine...

SNIP:
Pull back on the plunger a little to make sure you did not hit a blood vessel. If blood comes back, remove the needle immediately. Do not inject the medicine. Dispose of both the syringe and the medicine. Get more medicine in a new syringe. When you give the second injection, give it on the other side.

He speculated the blood clot issue might arise from injecting the shot directly into a blood vessel rather then the muscle.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Mrs. BB61 got her 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. She is horribly sick now. She has been throwing up all night and this morning, massive chills, body aches. headaches, etc. I felt crappy for about two weeks after my second Pfizer shot (still not back to 100%) but nowhere near as bad as Mrs BB61.

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Great. I'm getting P2 in about half an hour.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For all of you getting the Pfizer vaccine...

Pfizer CEO says third Covid vaccine dose likely needed within 12 months

If the second shot is bad, what do you think the 3rd would be like?

That also means Pfizer will reap even more profits.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
We might need to get it every year from now on, like the annual flu shot. Time will tell.

However, there's no reason to believe the 3rd shot will be any worse than the 2nd one. In fact, depending on interval length, it could very well be milder (like between the 1st and 2nd).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Does that still make it accurately a "vaccine"?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^ Does that still make it accurately a "vaccine"?

Why wouldn't it?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I don't know.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I just got home from work and found 2 of my 3 kids, who received their second Pfizer shot yesterday, in bed with flu like systems. Apparently, the symptoms hit Mrs BB61 faster than the kids but when they hit, wow!

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You allowed your kids to get this vaccine?!?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Yes. I have several docs in the family and they recommended it for a variety of reasons.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I'm asking out of genuine curiosity. All of you who are getting the shots did you believe all the statistics put out by the numerous agencies on death and infection rates of the virus even though so much of it was contradictory even at times from the same agency? Did you believe wholesale everything you were told about the virus? Comply with all you were told?
For me to be willing to be vaccinated I have to have full confidence in knowing what I'm being vaccinated against.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8525 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
The first Pfizer dose gave me a sore arm and I felt fatigued the next morning. Two hour nap and went to work that afternoon.
Second shot on Wednesday morning this week. I felt like spilled shit all day long yesterday. Had to call out. Arm hurt. Fatigue, chills, mild headache. Slept more in the last 24 hrs. than I have in one day in memory. Feel better today. Shoveled snow. Cleaned off the truck. Headed into work shortly.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post