SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad? Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted
It looks like I am required to get the vaccine. On the plus side, (if you can call it a plus) I get to choose my poison.

I'm leaning toward the Johnson & Johnson primarily because it is only one shot. But I only have a couple of days to decide.

So what says the hive mind and why:

Question:
If you absolutely positively have to choose, which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad?

Why?

Choices:
J&J
Pfizer
Moderna
AstraZeneca (j/k)

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“Required” by whom?

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
J&J leading by a million. I dont think any are really bad. I havn't had mine yet but want the J&J because I just dont feel like making 2 trips.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Out of my coworkers, the J&J seems to have the least "side effects".
Moderna 2nd shot seems to be the worst.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
The JJ vaccine is a viral vector (non-MRNA) vaccine. That would be the one I’d get if I absolutely had to get one.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I both had the J&J with barely any side effects. Arm muscles were a little sore, but that was it.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I am getting the J&J shot on Monday, I have to have it to do business. We will see how it goes.....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
They are all effective, and none are particularly dangerous as yet.

The Moderna reportedly has the highest incidence of mild illness, especially after the second dose.

I'd get J&J if I had the choice. Just one trip.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
No one can (yet) “require” you be injected with an experimental vaccine...

Not even the military.

I’m calling BS

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have a routine visit scheduled this coming Monday with my primary care doc, I'll have to discuss it with him, but my guess is that he will veto the J&J since it is more of a traditional vaccine. He thinks that there is a good chance that the flu vaccine triggered my Guillain Barré Syndrome a few years ago, so he has had me on the "no fly list" for flu shots since then.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Got the J&J last Friday. Arm was sore just a bit on Saturday, zero issues otherwise. Nothing at all - worked outside all day Saturday, slept great. I just wanted the card so this worked out great (for me).

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
If you want the best armor I’d go Pfizer (what I got) or Moderna. The efficacy is north of 90%.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Surrounded by
Fruit Loops
Picture of Baran
posted Hide Post
I got the Pfizer, it is what they had. Had first shot yesterday, zero side affects. Round 2 is scheduled for April 28th.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Happy Valley, MA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I don't think you can say any of them are the least bad. It's all pluses and minuses.

The J&J probably has a little less side effects, and is only a single shot, but is also the least effective out of the three.

Of the two mRNA vaxxes, the Pfizer has less side effects and is slightly more effective than the Moderna, but I would personally still choose the Moderna over the J&J.

I don't think there's any clearcut winner, it comes down to weighing the advantages and disadvantages for yourself.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
If I have to get a bullcrap vaccine I'm only doing it once.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
If I have to get a bullcrap vaccine I'm only doing it once.

Maybe initial shots but the vaccine is not a one time thing.

Posts: 4077 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
If you want the best armor I’d go Pfizer (what I got) or Moderna. The efficacy is north of 90%.

The Efficacy of natural infection & recovery from COVID is 99+%.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son works in a covid unit of an ICU in a hospital. He got his shot in Dec and told me "Get Moderna". (That was before J & J).

When my number came up (different state than my son) I got Pfizer. That's what they had. I'm fine. Everyone in Israel got the same stuff and they're mostly fine.

That's all I have.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
The JJ vaccine is a viral vector (non-MRNA) vaccine. That would be the one I’d get if I absolutely had to get one.

+1

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Pfizer and Moderna from the little testing that is available seem to prevent you from catching the virus better. Of the two I would go with Pfizer, seems to have fewer side effects from the people I know who had had either but that's not a huge sample size.

J&J is one and done but seems to be less effective in preventing the virus.

J&J works like vaccines have in the past. Pfizer and Moderna both are the newer style ones.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post