SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad? Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I got the J&J shot this Sunday, there was a walk in opening where I was already at. That afternoon I read about some of the speculations on it being linked to blood clots. Started taking a low dose aspirin at night, will probably continue for a month or two.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^You might want to check with your doctor first. I sent an inquiry to mine this morning regarding whether to take a low dose aspirin, having been vaccinated with the the J&J last Friday. His response was:

“No, this type of clotting is actually associated with low platelets, a clotting factor that aspirin interferes with . So taking aspirin would be a problem. The good news is that this is very very very rare and unlikely to occur. I appreciate your concern, but taking aspirin is not advised.”

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Blood clots are one thing, deaths are another. The question is why hasn’t the gubbamint paused the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines because of their problems?...

Blood clots sound a bit more serious than the chills or joint pain that are side effects of the other two. Don’t know if it means anything, but the Pfizer and Moderna reported side effects show up 12-24 hours after the shot, and go away after a day or so. The J&J blood clots are showing up 1-2 weeks after the shot.

It’s interesting that J&J and AZ are viral vector vaccines and both have reported blood clotting problems, while the two mRNA vaccines haven’t reported this problem.

Deaths have been associated with the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. Look it up.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm just going to let all you beta testers keep going here and maybe in a year or so I'll get it...

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Costanza is my choice. After all, no other vaccine comes with its own holiday...

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Blood clots are one thing, deaths are another. The question is why hasn’t the gubbamint paused the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines because of their problems?...

Blood clots sound a bit more serious than the chills or joint pain that are side effects of the other two. Don’t know if it means anything, but the Pfizer and Moderna reported side effects show up 12-24 hours after the shot, and go away after a day or so. The J&J blood clots are showing up 1-2 weeks after the shot.

It’s interesting that J&J and AZ are viral vector vaccines and both have reported blood clotting problems, while the two mRNA vaccines haven’t reported this problem.

Deaths have been associated with the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. Look it up.

Given that something like 190 million shots have been given in the US, and less than 10 million of those have been J&J, I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a few deaths. Wake me when we get close to the 500,000+ deaths from Covid.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wake me when we get close to the 500,000+ deaths from Covid.

Everyone who dies of ANY cause is counted as a "Covid Death", if they test positive for having Covid in their system.

Does that means that all deaths of vaccinated people should be counted as "Vaccine Death"?

No?

Shall we consider this just another standard double standard?

Oh, since virtually no one dies of anything except Covid anymore, does that mean that once everyone is vaccinated that all deaths will stop and we will all live forever?

Probably we'll just go back to dying of other things.

<Alright, perhaps I am exaggerating slightly.>

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Given that something like 190 million shots have been given in the US...

190 million / 330 million = .575

So ... you're saying that nearly 58% of the people have already been vaccinated?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Given that something like 190 million shots have been given in the US...

190 million / 330 million = .575

So ... you're saying that nearly 58% of the people have already been vaccinated?

Since almost half the shots are the second shot to the same person, it works out because I think almost 25% of US population has been vaccinated.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
So, if I'm reading that about 40% don't want the shot... we should be able to shut down all of these vaccine centers in another two weeks or so?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...coronavirus-vaccine/

U.S. federal health agencies will issue a joint call Tuesday for Washington to begin an “immediate pause” in the rollout of Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose coronavirus vaccine.

The move comes as six Americans have reportedly developed a rare disorder involving blood clots, and one later died, after receiving the shot.

The New York Times reports all six recipients were women between the ages of 18 and 48, and now federal agencies want a pause in the distribution of the vaccine out of “an abundance of caution.”

“We are recommending a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution,” Dr. Peter Marks, director of the Food and Drug Administration’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, and Dr. Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the CDC, said in a joint statement. “Right now, these adverse events appear to be extremely rare.”

This was to “ensure that the health care provider community is aware of the potential for these adverse events.”

Johnson & Johnson issued a statement of its own saying safety was its “number one priority” and it shared “all adverse event reports” with the health authorities.

It added: “We are aware that thromboembolic events including those with thrombocytopenia have been reported with Covid-19 vaccines. At present, no clear causal relationship has been established between these rare events and the Janssen (J&J) Covid-19 vaccine.”

The BBC reports the U.S.-based company said it would continue to work closely with the regulators.

The U.S. has already vaccinated more than seven million people with the Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine, indicating the rarity of developing the blood clot disorder, and has ordered millions more doses.

Yesterday, Australia said it would no longer purchase the Johnson & Johnson vaccine because it “is an adenovirus vaccine, the same type of vaccine as the AstraZeneca vaccine” — which it slapped with a warning against use on people under 50.

As Breitbart news reported, Australia has deals in place with Pfizer and AstraZeneca as well as Novavax — which has yet to produce an approved vaccine — and was in negotiations with Johnson & Johnson when the decision was made.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Wake me when we get close to the 500,000+ deaths from Covid.

Everyone who dies of ANY cause is counted as a "Covid Death", if they test positive for having Covid in their system.

This ^^^^^

quote:
Does that means that all deaths of vaccinated people should be counted as "Vaccine Death"?

Seems reasonable to me.

Y'know, I once bought into the whole Government/Health "Care" System/Dominant Media/Karens narrative. But eventually that cabal just straight out jumped the shark. Hell, they jumped a whole shiver of sharks.

Now I regard anything and everything they claim with a healthy does of skepticism.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I think it's the government managing the quantities of vaccine..... Need to use up the less preferred some.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Well, I've been Pfizer-ized.

The deed is done.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
May the odds be ever in your favor! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Vaccine Recalled After Two People Who Took It Fell Down A Manhole And Died

April 14th, 2021 - BabylonBee.com

WASHINGTON D.C.—The Food and Drug Administration has asked for all Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines to be recalled and destroyed after two different people who took the vaccine died, both having fallen down open manholes within a week of taking the drug.

“We just want to have an overabundance of caution here,” explained Doctor Anthony Fauci. “That’s why all Johnson & Johnson vaccines are being destroyed, and anyone who has already taken the vaccine is being placed under house arrest to keep them away from streets with manholes.”

Fauci said they’re also considering a pause on the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines as a few people who have taken those have slipped on banana peels.

Some are criticizing the recall of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine since nearly seven million people have taken it and only two have fallen down a manhole, making the risk seem minuscule -- especially compared to the death rate of COVID-19. Also, not everyone is sure those deaths are related to the vaccine and believe they may in fact be caused by the carelessness of construction workers.

Dr. Fauci has dismissed these criticisms. “Everyone wants things to make sense, but I think we’ve made it clear that’s not how we approach things,” said Fauci. “And who is in a big rush to end this pandemic, anyway? We all like wearing masks and staying home. We especially like seeing me on TV all the time. Or at least I know I do.”

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I wanted the J&J and had an appointment yesterday, but then came the pause. I was able to get Pfizer as a substitute, which was my second choice. Just a sore arm today. I have heard some bad reactions to Moderna, but I think it is dependent on each person. I did not want the vaccine, but the wife is pregnant so I decided to do all I can from bringing it come. She will not be getting the vaccine while pregnant....her OB very much agrees with that decision.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, I've been Pfizer-ized.

The deed is done.

Hopefully nothing of it but I actually had some mild oddities on day 3 and 4 after the second Pfizer dose. Slight dizzy feeling and a weird sensation around my mouth and lips. My wife said one of her coworkers also had the tingly lip side effect too.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
May the odds be ever in your favor! Wink

IT’s SO EXCITING!

Pfizer #1 today. Got it at lunch. Injection site is sore but I still went to the gym after work and lifted. Figured it would give me a problem with weighted dips but nah. Feel fine outside of the sore arm. Better than a sore ass! Round #2 in 3 weeks. Will chime in then.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post