SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another Massachusetts first..... marriage to more than one person.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Massachusetts first..... marriage to more than one person. Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
Glad we are so “woke” too bad I can’t go have a scotch and a cigar at a bar, that’s a risk but three people married guess that’s a step forward.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2...omestic-partnership/

More breakdown of society and nothing is immoral or wrong.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Watch, same start as civil unions.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Which state will be the first to marry a human and an animal, California or Massachusetts?

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Honestly, who gives a shit anymore? Oh noes, the homoqueers can marry, and now maybe they can marry again without getting divorced! And save the slippery slope to pederasty and bestiality for someone else.

Time for a real hobby.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Honestly...

If I see a thread I can tell I am not going to like, I don't click on it. If I accidentally click on one I don't care for, I get out. I don't waste my time trying to tell other adults what to think. I don't possess that level of arrogance.

You might try it. It can only make you less angry.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Honestly, who gives a shit anymore?

(Raises hand)

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Which state will be the first to marry a human and an animal, California or Massachusetts?

California heads, Massachusetts tails. Call it in the air?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Honestly...

If I see a thread I can tell I am not going to like, I don't click on it. If I accidentally click on one I don't care for, I get out. I don't waste my time trying to tell other adults what to think. I don't possess that level of arrogance.

You might try it. It can only make you less angry.

Sorry I interrupted the Echo Chamber with opinions you don't care for, your lordship.

quote:

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:

California heads, Massachusetts tails. Call it in the air?

It was tails.

posted Hide Post
Who would want to marry more than one person?

Posts: 186 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Bigamy is having one wife too many.
Monogamy is the same.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Someone could reside with and have “intimate” relations with as many people of the same and opposite sex as they wanted everywhere in the country that I’m familiar with and no one would bat an eye at it, even if some of those relationships resulted in offspring. And yet calling more than one of those relationships a “marriage” is somehow cause for alarm and governmental regulation—?

I thought that Conservatives were generally in favor of actual marriages as compared with convenient living arrangements or simply sperm donor/recipient transactions because they were usually considered more stable and beneficial for all concerned, and as contrasted with what is the rule rather than the exception in our massive welfare havens.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Someone could reside with and have “intimate” relations with as many people of the same and opposite sex as they wanted everywhere in the country that I’m familiar with and no one would bat an eye at it, even if some of those relationships resulted in offspring. And yet calling more than one of those relationships a “marriage” is somehow cause for alarm and governmental regulation—?

I thought that Conservatives were generally in favor of actual marriages as compared with convenient living arrangements or simply sperm donor/recipient transactions because they were usually considered more stable and beneficial for all concerned, and as contrasted with what is the rule rather than the exception in our massive welfare havens.

Aye. The only reason this is really an issue, is because government made it their business a long time ago.

Are we for smaller government, or not? Because this sounds like a fantastic opportunity to divorce government from marriage altogether.

quote:

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Aye. The only reason this is really an issue, is because government made it their business a long time ago.

Are we for smaller government, or not? Because this sounds like a fantastic opportunity to divorce government from marriage altogether.

I agree completely.

Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
So now when you get divorced do they each get half your shit?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
This stuff is more important than opening business and getting things running, can't have more than 20 people at a party but we'll take time to legislate this crap.

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Allow me to marshal an argument that I can't articulate and I'm not even sure is correct.

My understanding was what the law sees as marriage has been reserved to a man and woman based on the "holy union" as well as raising children. There are benefits to this Legal union that are only for them, historically.

The problem with the gay marriage deal was, now those benefits apply to only gay men or women, that are outside of the norm and then why not civil unions? Me and my non gay friend could theoretically apply for the same status even though we aren't "married." And I can't explain the depth of what the benefits might be. Taxes, medical, etc.

So it then seems like, I could be legally "married" to one person, and then enter into other various "marriages" or if they let civil unions in then that too. And where does the line get drawn.

A man who had way more material than me explained this to me back when gay marriage was a big deal and I saw what the argument against it was in the micro, non hatey Christian kinda way. And it made sense to me at the time. Being a jackass who can't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday, I'm lost to try and replicate that argument here.

Hoping somebody drops in here to verify or nullify that.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6966 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
My understanding was what the law sees as marriage has been reserved to a man and woman based on the "holy union" as well as raising children. There are benefits to this Legal union that are only for them, historically.

Such it has been for millennia. Such it will be again.
Marriage is not a government construct.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24110 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
I’ll be honest. I was talking to an Iraqi interpreter during my last deployment. Told me he had 3 wives.

The reason he took a job interpreting for the US Army 150 miles from home? He had 3 wives....

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
... And save the slippery slope to pederasty and bestiality for someone else.

Time for a real hobby.

Was any one else struck by the juxtaposition of these two sentences?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31437 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post