SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texas State Rep Sponsors Bill Requiring Photos on EBT Cards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas State Rep Sponsors Bill Requiring Photos on EBT Cards Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Make it their Voter ID.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
And since all you do with one is either swipe or insert in machine and then input the passcode... what good would it do? I presume the casher will have to check the PHOTO first before authorizing the payment.... I know it sounds petty but that takes time and will eventually cost 'us' more money.

My thoughts exactly. Your putting this burden on the cashier to enforce possible fraud. No way do they get paid enough to start telling someone they will not take your foodstamps. Not to mention the store does not give a crap whose name is on the card because they are making a sale.

Like someone else said, if enforced like alcohol, and the store can loose the ability to accept foodstamp.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You could put DNA, fingerprint, and stool sample on the card and if the 16 year old doesn’t check the card it is all worthless.

And that is the name of that game. Time to do away with EBT.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post