SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where to Buy Ammo Cans
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to Buy Ammo Cans Login/Join 
posted
Where do you guys like to get your ammo cans from?

I'm looking for mil-surp metal ones. They don't need to be new, but with good seals and no rusted out.

Thanks,

Don

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I think Midway has a sale going on now with them. Bought from them before and they are good to go with new seals.

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not, Costco near me had a pallet of them. Packaged as one .50 cal with one .30 cal inside for around $20.

Might try it if there is one close to you.

*Now with youtube vid* Smile

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKDJvCu-alI

This message has been edited. Last edited by: apprentice,

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Do y'all have Academy up there? They have brand new ones every day for $14.99 except occasionally on Black Friday have them for $9.99

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm told that Rural King has new ones for $12.
I believe they're Chinese.

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Midway and Lucky Gunner.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
They may be Chinese, I'm not sure.

They are, but are a better quality can/finish than the USA Blackhawk cans I got from PSA. Also, they can be had for less than $10 this time of year if you check the flyer. Usually a full pallet near sporting goods.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
http://ammocanman.com

Should be a sale or free shipping coming soon.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PSA is out of stock:

http://palmettostatearmory.com...l-ammo-can-m2a1.html

Earlier this year they had a HOT deal of 12 for $90 with free shipping. Uh...no, at that time I thought I had enough.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Amazon. The last time I got 2 .30 cans for $18.00. They were in great shape and good seals.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Menards has a 50 and 30 combo new for $14.99.

Walmart last week had new 50s for $8.99.

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
PSA is out of stock:

http://palmettostatearmory.com...l-ammo-can-m2a1.html

Earlier this year they had a HOT deal of 12 for $90 with free shipping. Uh...no, at that time I thought I had enough.

I had enough and still bought the deal. Smile

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I believe they're Chinese.
I think the ones at Costco are Chinese too.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2082 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I bought the PSA deal too. I didn't really need them, but I should have bought more. My UPS delivery guy bought them too...

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
Menards has a 50 and 30 combo new for $14.99.

Now you tell me! Dammit, I just did my semi-annual trip there today, got light bulbs, Iron Out and a mop, but didn't know they had Ammo Cans!

I bought a damned mop instead of ammo cans! Arrrghhh! Big Grin

By the way, their website doesn't say where they were made. Any idea?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We don't have a Mermads here but at that price I believe they would be made in China.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yes, besides the metal military type, there are the new plastic ones. I saw some plastic ines on Armslist the other day, from a dealer, $8 I think.

This was alocal pickup price.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Costco. For $18.99 you get both a brand new .50 and a .30. I can't tell any difference between them and the mil-surps I used to buy - except that they're brand new and unmarked.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I thought I saw some at BJs wholesale club near me in central Fl.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've been buying them from Walmart for $12.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post