SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone own an Acura RDX?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone own an Acura RDX? Login/Join 
posted
My mom is in dire need of a new SUV and has been looking at the Acura RDX. They have some bang up deals on new 2017's right now in her area.

Price-wise, they are comparable to other non premium mid size suv's she likes (once she options out the non premium ones)

The only thing she doesn't like it the headrest which I am sure can be rectified.

Any experiences good or bad with these?

Disappointing women since the 1970's

Posts: 1120 | Location: SC | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 MDX is my wife's daily driver. Bought it used, and have driven a newer RDX as a loaner. Definitely would buy a preowned MDX before a new RDX.

Posts: 178 | Registered: January 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I have lots of TLs... I'm an Acura guy.
My daughter and son in law have an mdx. I've looked at the rdx. They are nice... but I'd probably rather have the mdx too. Just a little more room.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
I have a 2008 RDX. 134K Miles. So far so good. I sure hope to get a lot more miles out of her.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnV:
I have a 2008 RDX. 134K Miles. So far so good. I sure hope to get a lot more miles out of her.

Wife has an 08 that just rolled over 155k. Owned it since new. Very reliable and fun to drive. I do think you need to make sure it's an AWD model vs the FWD models they now offer. Not as impressed with the FWD model handling.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
I drove a 2014 for two years, and my wife still has her 14 MDX. Both good cars.

I liked the RDX. It is roomy as long as you dont need to seat 7. Drives well, perfect handling. Ride quality is OK, not as soft as say, a Lexus, but fine. Plenty of power in the v6. The AWD is not the same level as the MDX SH-AWD though, so skip it and save 2k. Good tires are more important anyway.

It is a great value. A couple concerns in my 14 have been addressed in the newer ones.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I like the current RDX a lot. I own a current MDX and love it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife has been driving a 2013 RDX for the last 2 years.
25k trouble free miles so far

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Whoever named it must not have realized RDX is an explosive.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post